Not faith alone?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Phil 1:29

For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

Reactions: Michiah-Imla

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How does 2 Thessalonians 3:3 (kjv) apply to the verse in the OP?

2Th 3:3, But the Lord is faithful, who shall stablish you, and keep you from evil.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The moment that we place our faith (belief, trust, reliance) in Jesus Christ alone for salvation we are saved. It’s by grace through faith, not works. (Ephesians 2:8,9)
Yes but without works you can end up in the lake of fire. Matthew 25:41

Reactions: historyb

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nevertheless we are saved "not of works, lest any man should boast." (Ephesians 2:9 (kjv))
Yes a disabled person is not required to perform works or a little child, but able followers are required to do works clearly.

Reactions: historyb

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes a disabled person is not required to perform works or a little child, but able followers are required to do works clearly.
If Jesus gives you a talent to go and trade and produce with and you hide it in the sand, you will be counted as a lazy and slothful servant...and may even be cast into outer darkness.

Reactions: dev553344

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good works come in obedience to Christ along with Salvation. The works talked about in Scripture were works of the law which grants Salvation to no one.

Reactions: dev553344

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you understand what believers mean by salvation through faith (rightly understood) in Christ alone?

I reject any Calvinist doctrine are any that say faith alone, we are never saved by our faith alone. Yes I understand the error of Protestantism. While I say Salvation is in Christ it is never in faith alone but by God's Grace alone through faith

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good works come in obedience to Christ along with Salvation. The works talked about in Scripture were works of the law which grants Salvation to no one.

It does not only talk about the works of the law as not being salvational; but works in general.

Reactions: mailmandan

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I reject any Calvinist doctrine are any that say faith alone, we are never saved by our faith alone. Yes I understand the error of Protestantism. While I say Salvation is in Christ it is never in faith alone but by God's Grace alone through faith
Apparently you don't understand. Saying that we are saved by faith in Christ alone does not exclude God's Grace. Grace is God's part and faith is man's part. It simply means that we are saved the moment that we place our faith (belief, trust, reliance) in Jesus Christ alone for salvation apart from works. (Romans 4:5-6; Ephesians 2:8,9; Titus 3:5; 2 Timothy 1:9 etc..).