1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Not for the faint hearted

Discussion in 'NonChristian Help Forum' started by Use the Fear, Aug 22, 2019.

1. Use the Fear

Use the Fear Member

Faith:
    Atheist
    Australia
    There was a period in my life where I was open to the possibility that Jesus was the ultimate solution to many unnatural inclinations I believed oppressed me in my life. I can recall a particular fantasy I had when I was 12 year's of age, dreaming about having a soul mate who was related to me biologically.

Throughout my adolescents I had numerous sexual, and romantic encounters with distance relative's. Some of those encounters were homosexual by nature, and then there was an encounter with a female cousin for a time.

I don't know what caused me to feel that way, but those feeling's continued to shape my life until this very day. Although there was a period of time that I believed those feeling's were wrong, and because of those beliefs I did the best I could to embrace the moral teachings of Jesus the Christ.

I truly believed only he could change me from the inside. But as the year's rolled on in a blink of an eye, I held on to the belief that Jesus would free me from my sexual desires. But in the end all those year's I spent fighting for the right to be whole, only intensified those feeling's 100 fold.

I couldn't overcome that sin with the blood of the Christ, and where I am now can't go back to any hope that he will save me this time.

2. Dan57

Dan57 Active Member

United States
    God doesn't overcome sinful desires for us. We becomes slaves to what we dwell on, try to stamp those bad things out of your mind and don't allow yourself to succumb to temptation.

Consider Eve, the Serpent couldn't have intensified her desire to partake of what was forbidden by God if she wasn't standing there staring at the tree in the first place.

We are here to overcome ourselves, our wants and desires of the flesh must come under the subjection of our spirit. Pray for the strength to overcome perverse things.

bbyrd009 and Willie T like this.
  3. Stan B

Stan B Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada
    There is nothing Biblically wrong with being attracted to someone who is biologically related. Abraham married his half-sister, which seems to have been okay for that time, although, their genetic code was a lot less compromised back then, than it is 3000 years later. The purity of our genetic code is becoming more and more flawed with time, so that marrying a first cousin would present the risk of any genetic flaw to be compounded. That's simply the law of entropy, which says we are descending from the higher order to a lower order.

Our sex drive is something given to us by God, but since it is so powerful, it comes with some moral laws as to how that drive is to be used, which is limited to sex within marriage.

bbyrd009 and Dan57 like this.
  4. ScottA

ScottA Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    So where are you now (that you can't go back)?

Stan B likes this.
  5. Use the Fear

Use the Fear Member

Faith:
    Atheist
    Australia
    It would be nice to know that there was a God who we all could rely on. A God who we all could agree on, and who made itself evident to the whole human race. But I know that there is no God that we can all be 100℅ sure of at this point of time. I don't know if that which caused everything to be as it is, was ever willing to make itself known while we live and breathe in our mortal drabs. But if it did, wouldn't you think it would be a very simple message we all could understand? One that couldn't be corrupted over time, one that would not leave humanity in the lurch at every turn. I can not convince that an all powerful creator could or would allow it's message to be diluted throughout the history of humankind like all these other messages that people believe in.

6. Use the Fear

Use the Fear Member

Faith:
    Atheist
    Australia
    That's just your opinion at this point of space and time, thing's will continue to change regardless of the moral constraints that believers impose on society. At some point all our antiquated moral systems will be useless as the human race evolves past our current physical condition.

7. Stan B

Stan B Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada
    What constraints did you have in mind? Murder, adultery, theft, dishonesty, etc. ?

8. Use the Fear

Use the Fear Member

Faith:
    Atheist
    Australia
    If you stop believing all together, then you'll see those thing's just disappear. From there, who knows how the human race could evolve, and far we could go.

But I warn you now, and anyone who'd keep believing rather than knowing each other. It won't be long until we end up like the dinosaurs.

You have to save yourselves, or you will become another pile of fossils in the next species museums. I promise you that the light won't give a crap about a race it created, that wouldn't get it's act together and learn.

9. Stranger

Stranger Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    It is a very simple message. Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ.

Stranger

10. Use the Fear

Use the Fear Member

Faith:
    Atheist
    Australia
    Why believe, when you can know.

11. Stranger

Stranger Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    The believer does know. We have a knowing that comes from the Spirit of God. (1 John 2:20-21)

Stranger

amadeus likes this.
  12. Dan57

Dan57 Active Member

United States
    We are called by faith, and his Word was manifested through Christ. The message was simple and easy to understand. What makes you think the message was corrupted? The Dead Sea scrolls predate Christ and were not corrupted, so its a false assumption to conclude the bible was corrupted. Granted, some Christian sects have added their own books, but there's no evidence that the basic KJV has been altered or corrupted.

13. bbyrd009

bbyrd009 Groper

Faith:
    Christian
    United States Minor Outlying Islands
    i'm minded here of You will not allow your holy one to see decay, and an article i've been reading about an alternate interpretation of that v that might appeal to you, which is i guess why i'm down here reading, which is pretty rare for me, Early data retention: how the ancients initiated information technology
    "
    The rightful veneration of knowledge necessitated tools to mine it, to purify it, to store it and to retrieve it. It was the birth of information technology. The invention of script allowed the perpetual storage of knowledge in a medium other than a perishable human brain, which made David triumphantly cry out that the "Holy One" [i.e. the Word] would not "see decay" (Psalm 16:10, ACTS 2:7). But even prior to this amazing invention of data retention, a convention had to be wrought that governed the way observations were harvested for data, and data was transformed into knowledge..."

but i warn you this guy is a freak, often hard to understand or even incomprehensible, etc, and obv imo the Bible is not Word based upon his very argument here, as Passover has after all been changed to Easter by our scribes, and etc. Anyway, hope it serves you