Not the place for this .....But extremely bad experience

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had two surgeries last week. One Wednesday Morning and one Friday Morning. The consequences of not eradicting the problem years ago. Removed one large Kidney stone and several smaller ones. I am used to excellent hospital care each trip I take. This was a nightmare ...

Wednesday, I got to the room and was not in condition to open or try the lunch. It was in a styrofoam container.I assumed it was because I was not there when the tray arrived ...Dinner came at 5PM ....Again in a styrofoam container ....I wasn't interested in eating .....
The next day ....Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner all served the same way ....Styrofoam, plastic kinife, spoon and fork with a napkin in a plastic wrapped kit .....all the food was mystery meat. The best way to describe it was a very bad TV Dinner....Thursday I am on my feet and walking ...Friday go in for surgery, come out a lot more cohesive than Wednesday....Friday nght on my feet ....I went to the desk and told the nurses ...."Think I'll escape for a few minutes, walk across the street and get something from McDonald's, anyone want anything?" They didn't think I was funny. Came back home on Saturday ....still not quite right ...but I'll get better ...I know I will. Everything works ...that's good.

I'm used to decent hospital food. Decent choices ....It's been two years since I've been in for anything ....Surely this is not the result of COVID is it? If so, I'll have my own food delivered for a discount on the terrible food they deliver ....Door Dash and Uber will be glad to deliver food for me.

Reactions: Helen and pompadour

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had two surgeries last week. One Wednesday Morning and one Friday Morning. The consequences of not eradicting the problem years ago. Removed one large Kidney stone and several smaller ones. I am used to excellent hospital care each trip I take. This was a nightmare ...

Wednesday, I got to the room and was not in condition to open or try the lunch. It was in a styrofoam container.I assumed it was because I was not there when the tray arrived ...Dinner came at 5PM ....Again in a styrofoam container ....I wasn't interested in eating .....
The next day ....Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner all served the same way ....Styrofoam, plastic kinife, spoon and fork with a napkin in a plastic wrapped kit .....all the food was mystery meat. The best way to describe it was a very bad TV Dinner....Thursday I am on my feet and walking ...Friday go in for surgery, come out a lot more cohesive than Wednesday....Friday nght on my feet ....I went to the desk and told the nurses ...."Think I'll escape for a few minutes, walk across the street and get something from McDonald's, anyone want anything?" They didn't think I was funny. Came back home on Saturday ....still not quite right ...but I'll get better ...I know I will. Everything works ...that's good.

I'm used to decent hospital food. Decent choices ....It's been two years since I've been in for anything ....Surely this is not the result of COVID is it? If so, I'll have my own food delivered for a discount on the terrible food they deliver ....Door Dash and Uber will be glad to deliver food for me.

Well I have been hospitalized and I had great choices and served normally.

It could be that health system is trying something new, or a response to covid, who knows without finding out.

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is one hospital. I was shocked when a regular food tray came in that had a styrofoam box with the meal ....That's like picking up a lunch bag boarding a Delta Flight long ago .....Better yet ...I caught a cargo flight from Tokyo to Seattle after graduating High School, flew 12 hours on a military flight. We got one box with a chicken leg and a egg salad sandwhich from the Military. One container of milk. Air crew was great ....Coffee pot, iced down cokes and tea. Japanese meals from one of their girlfriends ...at least we ate well. I got to fly in the co-pilot's seat for eight hours ...