Not to annoy you, but I get trouble with the ads on this board?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi there,

So I will cut to it: sometimes the ads on this site are just blank? And I can't find the close button? Other times they seem to load forever and I have to reload to refresh the page properly?

I thought it would be better to say something, than just ignore it?

Thanks.

-Gottservant

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I don’t think there is anything we can do about the ads, and I think the issues that occur are so different With members. The Mods and admin did not have anything to do with bringing the ads to the forum, it was the new owner. Maybe put a shout out on the tech forum, someone may know how to resolve your problem

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I don’t think there is anything we can do about the ads, and I think the issues that occur are so different With members. The Mods and admin did not have anything to do with bringing the ads to the forum, it was the new owner. Maybe put a shout out on the tech forum, someone may know how to resolve your problem
There is tech forum?

liafailrock

Jul 4, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm using Linux (or Chrome OS) with uBlock. I primarily wanted to block youtube ads which take 30 seconds for each video (and some videos are shorter). As a result, I did not know this forum even has ads - so the uBlock is effective and free. I always say there's no harm in having ads in the side if anyone's interested. But this "in your face" stuff is offensive. I suppose they do this because some people are gullible enough to fall for it - we ought not with today's spamming and phishing that can lure a person into giving up personal info. Sidebar ads can do the same, but if there is something interesting, instead of clicking on it, one can search for something similar themselves. I know all the stuff I see though is stupid stuff that I'm not interested in anyway. LOL

• Love
Reactions: ThePuffyBlob

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So I will cut to it: sometimes the ads on this site are just blank? And I can't find the close button? Other times they seem to load forever and I have to reload to refresh the page properly?
I have never seen a single ad. So it is up to you to set up your computer so that ads do not appear.

Reactions: Nancy and dev553344

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
I was unaware of the presence of advertisements on this site, as I employ the use of uBlock Origin, Fast Forward, and script blockers to safeguard myself against viruses and potential scams.

Reactions: Gottservant

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I also have an adblock that comes as an add on to my browser. It's pretty easy to set up. I use FireFox browser.

Papa Smurf

Jul 6, 2023
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I started with the MS Edge browser and the ads were, indeed, annoying (as the ads moved, so did the text that I was trying my best to read). So I logged onto CB via my Brave Brower instead and there are no ads :)

Just FYI, Brave Browser (which is free, of course) has the ad blocker built in and working from the get-go. IOW, as soon as you download and install it there will be no more ads, here or anywhere else (and it's actually faster than Edge is).

I am impressed :)

Last edited:

Papa Smurf

Jul 6, 2023
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Question, how is this place supported? Is it via the ads alone, or can an individual choose to support CB.com financially if they want to?

Thanks!!

--Papa Smurf

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The site was taken over by a new owner last year , that’s when the ads arrived. There is no way of supporting the site financially. I think a couple of members have quite good ad blockers, but I am not sure which ones xx

Reactions: Papa Smurf