Nothing but faith will get the sick healed ,dead raised. Nothing.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You are called to lay hands on the sick. It never said prayer it said lay hands on.
I hear all to often oh I was in faith I believed but God never healed them. That is total nonsence.
The fact is faith amoves the mountain, not your fancy prayer. Faith and nothing else will move the mountian. So people get hurt when you tell them this. But I never said it God did.
If the moutian never moved guess whats missing. Faith. So many time we qare told belive in your heart and dont doubt and it will be done . any thing you ask in my name and it will be done as long as you stay in faith. problem is most Christains believ God can do it. That is not quite the faith we are talking about. where we lack is . Is God willing to do this for me right now. That is where most fail. Well the ones who at least try laying on hands. But in traditional church where they rearly lay hands on the sick, then obvioly the wonder why they dont get healed and blame God the persons sin. They are not taking into concideration there lack of belief. Oh I belived they will say. That s why I prayed in the first place. Well no you never belived in your heart or they would have been healed. Because nothing will be impossible to you. WHO? You believer you. If you dont doubt in your heart.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are called to lay hands on the sick. It never said prayer it said lay hands on.

Why would we use prayer in everything except the laying on of hands?

James 5
14 Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord.
15 And the prayer of faith will save the sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven.

Ephesians 6
17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God;
18 praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints

1 Thessalonians 5
17 pray without ceasing

Acts 28
8 And it happened that the father of Publius lay sick of a fever and dysentery. Paul went in to him and prayed, and he laid his hands on him and healed him.

Acts 13
3 Then, having fasted and prayed, and laid hands on them, they sent them away.

k

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I never said we are never to pray. The verse I quoted said nothing about prayer, It clearly said lay hands on the sick. I know what the difference is. This is the problem when talking in here. so many always looking for fault. Instaed of coming and say wow God so good Thansk for sharing you want to argue that why I ignore your posts. Life is easier without arguing with you and the few others.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Can we get on now with out arguing? If yes I will remove the ignore link.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
James 5:13-15
Is any one among you suffering? Let him pray. Is any cheerful? Let him sing praise. Is any among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord; and the prayer of faith will save the sick man, and the Lord will raise him up; and if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven.

Doesn't say anything about laying on hands

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
James 5:13-15
Is any one among you suffering? Let him pray. Is any cheerful? Let him sing praise. Is any among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord; and the prayer of faith will save the sick man, and the Lord will raise him up; and if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven.

Doesn't say anything about laying on hands
Who said it did?

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Sword said:

The verse I quoted never told you to pray. It didnt mention prayer. At no point did I say thats the only way. Its an intersting point. nothing to debate about. You are still looking for fault. And you will always find it.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never said we are never to pray. The verse I quoted said nothing about prayer, It clearly said lay hands on the sick. I know what the difference is. This is the problem when talking in here. so many always looking for fault. Instaed of coming and say wow God so good Thansk for sharing you want to argue that why I ignore your posts. Life is easier without arguing with you and the few others.

You said: It never said prayer it said lay hands on.

The fact is IT DOES SAY PRAYER. Maybe what YOU quoted doesn't say prayer but scripture is VERY CLEAR that it does in FACT say prayer.

I don't see anyone looking for fault. I see their response as them lovingly sharing the fullness of scripture so that you can become a more knowledgeable Christian. That is a good thing.

Why do you call it arguing when someone points out that you are only partially quoting scripture. Cant you just say, OOOPS...Sorry guys. I missed that part of scripture. THANK YOU!!

Laying on of hands is very important.

Curious Mary

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hands or no hand is not what heals...JESUS alone heals , through Faith.
Healed with the laying on of hands , or simply healed over the phone through the the spoken word...Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
Jesus in the gospels healed many different ways...some He just spoke to the disease, some He gave instructions...' pick up thy bed and walk' , or ' go wash' , or 'go show yourself to the priests'....there is no hard and fast rule ....except...Faith in His word and trust in His very character.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You said: It never said prayer it said lay hands on.

The fact is IT DOES SAY PRAYER. Maybe what YOU quoted doesn't say prayer but scripture is VERY CLEAR that it does in FACT say prayer.

I don't see anyone looking for fault. I see their response as them lovingly sharing the fullness of scripture so that you can become a more knowledgeable Christian. That is a good thing.

Why do you call it arguing when someone points out that you are only partially quoting scripture. Cant you just say, OOOPS...Sorry guys. I missed that part of scripture. THANK YOU!!

Laying on of hands is very important.

Curious Mary
Mary I wasnt talking about the whole of scripture I was talking about one scripture. Not them all but one. One that is worthy of note that tecnically says lay hands on the sick. IT DOES NOT SAY PRAY. It seems you miss all the points I am makeing so that we all learn together. I am highlighting what is requird for what I want to talk about. May be I should have quoted the scripture. I jus talk scripture with out quoting it so often sorry my fault. Just realised this. And I never missed that part of scripture. what I missed I said already I should have quoted the scripture I was reffering to. here it is,
Mark 16:18, Jesus said that believers would lay hands on the sick, and the sick would recover.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The verse I quoted never told you to pray. It didnt mention prayer. At no point did I say thats the only way. Its an intersting point. nothing to debate about. You are still looking for fault. And you will always find it.

Playing the victim card!

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Playing the victim card!
I am not a victim. never will be. I dont live for me. I live for you. I pray for a desire to love you. I cant ever be a victim if I die to self daily as I grow into Him. I dont get out of bed for me. I dont get hurt in here. You are talking like you are talking to a normal man. I aint a nornal man. mungo you are also continually looking for fault. you are happeist when hunting down people look at your posts. There is not much evidance of Christ. That is how you choose to post. You are looking for pats on the back from men. I dont care what anyone thinks of me. It makes no difference to me. I would treat you like anyone else I know. I have no favourets. I do have people I can commune with at a higher level. But that is the only difference. You decide eash day if you are going to help ,love or hinder and hate. only you can decide what you are doing daily. Then only you can do anything about it.

Reactions: Helen

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's what happens when you try to absolutize every verse in a literalistic manner.
You come up with all sorts of wacky things.

Laying on of hands ALWAYS includes prayer - when you understand the Scriptures in context . . .