NT BOOKS, LUKE 21:36

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heb 13:8

Nov 2, 2016
USA
To understand the 27 books of the NT we need to first know who is speaking to who, who is the author and who is the audience.

Gal 2:7-8 Instead, they saw that God had given me the responsibility of preaching the gospel to the Gentiles, just as he had given Peter the responsibility of preaching to the Jews. 8For the same God who worked through Peter as the apostle to the Jews also worked through me as the apostle to the Gentiles.

(Jesus/For Israel)
Matt
Mark
Luke
John

(Author/Luke?)
Acts

(Paul/For the body of Christ)

Romans
1, 2 Cor
Galatians
Ephesians
Philippians
Colossians
1, 2 Thess
1 Timothy
2 Timothy
Titus
Philemon

(Law/For Israel)
Hebrews
James
1 Peter
2 Peter
1 John
2 John
3 John
Jude
Revelation

Luke 21:36 escape is not about the rapture, it's about Israel in the last 3.5 years (Rev 12:6, 14).

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
To understand the 27 books of the NT we need to first know who is speaking to who, who is the author and who is the audience.

Gal 2:7-8 Instead, they saw that God had given me the responsibility of preaching the gospel to the Gentiles, just as he had given Peter the responsibility of preaching to the Jews. 8For the same God who worked through Peter as the apostle to the Jews also worked through me as the apostle to the Gentiles.

(Jesus/For Israel)
Matt
Mark
Luke
John

(Author/Luke?)
Acts

Romans
1, 2 Cor
Galatians
Ephesians
Philippians
Colossians
1, 2 Thess
1 Timothy
2 Timothy
Titus
Philemon

(Law/For Israel)
Hebrews
James
1 Peter
2 Peter
1 John
2 John
3 John
Jude
Revelation

Luke 21:36 escape is not about the rapture, it's about Israel in the last 3.5 years (Rev 12:6, 14).

Fortunately....fewer and fewer and dividing the word by a little thing called dispensationalim.

For the one who is open to learn and with a modicum of reading comprehension....this position is easily refuted.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
(Jesus/For the whole world)
Matt
Mark
Luke
John

(Author/Luke? Definitely!)
Acts

Romans
1, 2 Cor
Galatians
Ephesians
Philippians
Colossians
1, 2 Thess
1 Timothy
2 Timothy
Titus
Philemon

(More letters for the Body of Christ)
Hebrews
James
1 Peter
2 Peter
1 John
2 John
3 John
Jude
Revelation

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Nov 2, 2016
USA
(Jesus/For the whole world)
Matt
Mark
Luke
John

(Author/Luke? Definitely!)
Acts

Romans
1, 2 Cor
Galatians
Ephesians
Philippians
Colossians
1, 2 Thess
1 Timothy
2 Timothy
Titus
Philemon

(More letters for the Body of Christ)
Hebrews
James
1 Peter
2 Peter
1 John
2 John
3 John
Jude
Revelation

Matt thru John and Heb thru Rev can be read by the body as long as they know that they are no longer under the law but under grace. The body is not the twelve tribes. God made it simple and so did Paul.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Matt thru John and Heb thru Rev can be read by the body as long as they know that they are no longer under the law but under grace. The body is not the twelve tribes. God made it simple and so did Paul.

So you think the words of Jesus are about the law?

Jesus taught the gospel of the kingdom....and so did Paul. According to grace.

Nov 2, 2016
USA
Fortunately....fewer and fewer and dividing the word by a little thing called dispensationalim.

For the one who is open to learn and with a modicum of reading comprehension....this position is easily refuted.

Refuting dispensation is like refuting the Rev 12:1-5 sign that came to pass on 9/23/17 or the rest of the celestial signs. It's time to wake up!

Gen 1:14 And God said, "Let there be lights in the vault of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark sacred times, and days and years,

Luke 21:25-28 “There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea. 26People will faint from terror, apprehensive of what is coming on the world, for the heavenly bodies will be shaken. 27At that time they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. 28When these things begin to take place, stand up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.”

https://www.google.com/search?ei=2G...-wiz.......0i71j0i67j0i131i20i264.o3Q3GqFygvU

https://www.google.com/search?ei=p2...j0i67j0i131j0i131i20i264j0i131i67.eLX6IjZUjMY

https://www.google.com/search?ei=x2........0....1..gws-wiz.......0j0i71.koPzlowa40o

https://www.google.com/search?ei=u2....gws-wiz.......0i71j0i67j0i20i264.6e8YVVcVgeY

Reactions: Acolyte and Nancy

Nov 2, 2016
USA
So you think the words of Jesus are about the law?

Jesus taught the gospel of the kingdom....and so did Paul. According to grace.

Matt 15 The lost sheep of Israel is not the body. The body didn't exist until Acts 2.

Leaving that place, Jesus withdrew to the region of Tyre and Sidon. 22A Canaanite woman from that vicinity came to him, crying out, “Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is demon-possessed and suffering terribly.”

23Jesus did not answer a word. So his disciples came to him and urged him, “Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us.”

24He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel.”

Last edited:

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Your subdivisions need to be revised as follows:

Jesus/For the whole world

Luke for Christians

Paul/For the Body of Christ

Epistles for the Church, but addressed to Hebrew Christians

Epistles for the Church

Prophecy for the Church

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Refuting dispensation is like refuting the Rev 12:1-5 sign that came to pass on 9/23/17 or the rest of the celestial signs. It's time to wake up!

Gen 1:14 And God said, "Let there be lights in the vault of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark sacred times, and days and years,

Luke 21:25-28 “There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea. 26People will faint from terror, apprehensive of what is coming on the world, for the heavenly bodies will be shaken. 27At that time they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. 28When these things begin to take place, stand up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.”

https://www.google.com/search?ei=2G...-wiz.......0i71j0i67j0i131i20i264.o3Q3GqFygvU

https://www.google.com/search?ei=p2...j0i67j0i131j0i131i20i264j0i131i67.eLX6IjZUjMY

https://www.google.com/search?ei=x2........0....1..gws-wiz.......0j0i71.koPzlowa40o

https://www.google.com/search?ei=u2....gws-wiz.......0i71j0i67j0i20i264.6e8YVVcVgeY
The blood moons are quite interesting. The stars, sun...He just holds it all in His hands. God said "they will be for signs/signals...wish I had a telescope, lol.

Nov 2, 2016
USA
The blood moons are quite interesting. The stars, sun...He just holds it all in His hands. God said "they will be for signs/signals...wish I had a telescope, lol.

ya a telescope would be nice. those blood moons landed on Jewish Holidays two years in a row which makes it even more prophetic. the last time that happened on Jewish Holidays was 1948 and 1967 for two years, when Israel became a nation and captured Jerusalem. and we got preterists preaching 2 Pet 3:3-4.

Reactions: Nancy

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I know. I was just trying to make a point that the body is no longer under the law but under grace. It helps to know who the author and the audience is when reading scripture.

Everyone here knows that grace is come and that we are no longer on our own to try obeying the law in our own strength. But it is the adoption of a man-made doctrine that denies what grace is that is in question.

The law is not bad...it is good and right. The problem is the weakness of men to obey it. Until grace came. THEN we were given the means to fulfill the requirements of the law. That is the purpose of grace....and not to NOT be obedient to the will of God.

God is a God of law. There is the law of faith. The law of Christ. There is the law of sin that can be overcome by the law of Christ. Just like the law of aerodynamic flight overcomes gravity. Grace brings us a higher law.

Otherwise you are being lulled into lawlessness....which is against God.

Grace is the power (as a gift) that fulfills the law. If we put to death the sins of the body by the Spirit we will live. THAT is according to the grace given to us...the capacity to fulfill the law.

Nov 2, 2016
USA
Everyone here knows that grace is come and that we are no longer on our own to try obeying the law in our own strength. But it is the adoption of a man-made doctrine that denies what grace is that is in question.

The law is not bad...it is good and right. The problem is the weakness of men to obey it. Until grace came. THEN we were given the means to fulfill the requirements of the law. That is the purpose of grace....and not to NOT be obedient to the will of God.

God is a God of law. There is the law of faith. The law of Christ. There is the law of sin that can be overcome by the law of Christ. Just like the law of aerodynamic flight overcomes gravity. Grace brings us a higher law.

Otherwise you are being lulled into lawlessness....which is against God.

Grace is the power (as a gift) that fulfills the law. If we put to death the sins of the body by the Spirit we will live. THAT is according to the grace given to us...the capacity to fulfill the law.

Yup, everyone is following the law to save themselves because OSAS is false right? Jesus couldn't do it on the cross so man has to make up for it. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Nancy

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Yup, everyone is following the law to save themselves
For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass away from the law, till all things be accomplished.

so just keep falsely preaching lawlessness if you like
Jesus couldn't do it on the cross so man has to make up for it.
pick up your cross and follow Me

is not even close to

look at the cross and worship Me

sorry buddy

Nov 2, 2016
USA
For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass away from the law, till all things be accomplished.

so just keep falsely preaching lawlessness if you like

pick up your cross and follow Me

is not even close to

look at the cross and worship Me

sorry buddy

No, we preach discipline and sanctification through the cross because we know it's finished at the cross bird

Nov 2, 2016
USA
then why pick up your cross and follow Heb, and why does yours sound so much like
"look at the cross and worship Me"

no, osas is look at the cross and worship Jesus Christ. non-osas puts attention on me me me. time is short, rebelling against the Gospel its the new generation