"O Canada.."

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
O Canada we weep for you.

19959467_1751055471611481_6607339386932940139_n.png

Reactions: Taken

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No comment...it says it all.

Attachments

• download-1.jpg
    download-1.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 0

junobet

May 20, 2016
Germany
O Canada we weep for you.

View attachment 1777
Since Monday 230 people got killed, among them 60 children, in East-Ghuta near Damascus alone. And at least 700 people got injured. Assad won’t allow for any humanitarian aid to reach these people.

And the Christian answer to such suffering is to post defaming bile against refugees and those who are willing to offer them shelter?

Reactions: bbyrd009

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since Monday 230 people got killed, among them 60 children, in East-Ghuta near Damascus alone. And at least 700 people got injured. Assad won’t allow for any humanitarian aid to reach these people.

And the Christian answer to such suffering is to post defaming bile against refugees and those who are willing to offer them shelter?

Weird. A person posts about their dismay of her country's leadership, and you somehow take that as a Christian answer to something that happened a few days ago?

God Bless,
Taken

Reactions: Helen

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No comment...it says it all.

Understand your dismay. A kid running the country. Most likely "entitled", as in the US, people presume "entitlement" because a relative sat in a seat of honor before them.

I get it. Our own Constitution became a "Door mat", years ago. Wipe their feet and convene behind closed, locked, guarded doors and vomit their nonsense on the public as if it is a grand gift. Ugh!!

Sign of the Times...
Presented as good, but in reality, reeks.

God Bless,
Taken

junobet

May 20, 2016
Germany
Weird. A person posts about their dismay of her country's leadership, and you somehow take that as a Christian answer to something that happened a few days ago?

God Bless,
Taken
The civil war in Syria has been going on for years. And for years my church has been speaking out for those who fled its horrors and helped them whereever it could.

To me it seems Trudeau is acting more like a Christian than those who are driven by fear, selfishness and envy. Guess these days, if Jesus was asked what “love of neighbour” means, He wouldn’t use a Samaritan as an example of somebody who practises it, but either liberals such as Trudeau or a Muslim.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The civil war in Syria has been going on for years. And for years my church has been speaking out for those who fled its horrors and helped them whereever it could.

To me it seems Trudeau is acting more like a Christian than those who are driven by fear, selfishness and envy. Guess these days, if Jesus was asked what “love of neighbour” means, He wouldn’t use a Samaritan as an example of somebody who practises it, but either liberals such as Trudeau or a Muslim.

Surely you are aware of the difference between being
FORCED to give and FREELY giving??

Because it is Governments that FORCE one to give, to whom the Government CHOOSES to dole out the peoples wealth to....

And it is INDIVIDUALS who Freely Choose to give their own wealth to WHOM they Decide.

Scripture does not teach FORCING.
Scripture does teach to be a Cheerful Giver.

You PRESUME because one does not LIKE, a Government taking her Wealth by FORCE and a Government doling it out to WHOM they decide......equals a person not charitable.

Which is totally nonsense.

If "your Church" has decided to dole out their wealth to a particular cause....that is "that Churches choice".....
If "you" choose to agree with "your Churches decision"...that is "your choice".

What your Church does, what you do....does not mean everyone is required to do what you do.

And on the flip side, What the OP writer does, or what I do, is of no concern of yours, that you must also do.

I could give you a long list of people, and charities, and causes.... THAT I CHOOSE to cheerfully give MY wealth to....but that is not necessary or do I presume you are not Christian like, because you do not voluntarily Give to WHOM, I choose to Give.

2 Cor 9:7
Every man according as
" HE PURPOSED IN HIS HEART",
So let him give;
not grudgingly,
Or of necessity:
For God love a cheerful giver.

Sorry, but what a government "purposes", and "forces".... as they have determined a "necessity";
has nothing to do with my heart or consideration!
Nor do I give COMPELLED wealth of mine, to the government "cheerfully".

God Bless,
Taken

Reactions: Truth and Helen

junobet

May 20, 2016
Germany
Surely you are aware of the difference between being
FORCED to give and FREELY giving??

Because it is Governments that FORCE one to give, to whom the Government CHOOSES to dole out the peoples wealth to....

And it is INDIVIDUALS who Freely Choose to give their own wealth to WHOM they Decide.

Scripture does not teach FORCING.
Scripture does teach to be a Cheerful Giver.

You PRESUME because one does not LIKE, a Government taking her Wealth by FORCE and a Government doling it out to WHOM they decide......equals a person not charitable.

Which is totally nonsense.

If "your Church" has decided to dole out their wealth to a particular cause....that is "that Churches choice".....
If "you" choose to agree with "your Churches decision"...that is "your choice".

What your Church does, what you do....does not mean everyone is required to do what you do.

And on the flip side, What the OP writer does, or what I do, is of no concern of yours, that you must also do.

I could give you a long list of people, and charities, and causes.... THAT I CHOOSE to cheerfully give MY wealth to....but that is not necessary or do I presume you are not Christian like, because you do not voluntarily Give to WHOM, I choose to Give.

2 Cor 9:7
Every man according as
" HE PURPOSED IN HIS HEART",
So let him give;
not grudgingly,
Or of necessity:
For God love a cheerful giver.

Sorry, but what a government "purposes", and "forces".... as they have determined a "necessity";
has nothing to do with my heart or consideration!
Nor do I give COMPELLED wealth of mine, to the government "cheerfully".

God Bless,
Taken
Oh I get it: you don’t like to pay taxes. Nobody does. However, this is what Christ has to say about them:

"Render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and unto God the things that are God's" (Matthew 22:21)

"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices--mint, dill and cumin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law--justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former. (Matthew 23:23)

Now this is not directed against you personally. For all I know you may have given your last penny to the poor. But if a country such as the USA – rich, low taxes and loads of Christians who claim to want to give freely – still sports enormous levels of poverty, it seems as if your vision on how to organize a fair society doesn’t quite work out for all. So if somebody forced me to leave home and gave me the choice between moving to the USA or to Canada, I'd probably pick Canada.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So if somebody forced me to leave home and gave me the choice between moving to the USA or to Canada, I'd probably pick Canada.

Just make sure it would be Eastern Canada...you'd be happy there. :)

But none the less, I am sure Germany is just perfect , being such a welcoming liberal , loving country, unlike all us who are so 'worldly minded' in North America.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh I get it: you don’t like to pay taxes.

Oh you say you get it, from a snippet I provided and then proclaim for me something entirely that had nothing to do with what I said.

I have no issue with paying taxes according to the Constitution.

I absolutely do not like doling over my wealth to a Government who operates outside of the Constitution.

So Please do not make broad sweeping statement for me.

Nobody does. However, this is what Christ has to say about them:

"Render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and unto God the things that are God's"
(Matthew 22:21)

Uh huh...So, do you think Washington, Lincoln, Hamilton, Jackson, Grant, Franklin....owned the Bills that contains their image. And you pay to them what is theirs?

You obviously do not understand, Caesar "owned" all the coins with his image.

And in the US, we don't have a Caesar, but a President, and no President OWNS coined or paper issue.

"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices--mint, dill and cumin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law--justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former.
(Matthew 23:23)

Now this is not directed against you personally. For all I know you may have given your last penny to the poor.

But if a country such as the USA –

Huh? The USA is RICH?
You have got to be kidding!

The US Government has over twenty TRILLIONS of dollars of DEBT and climbing by seconds exponentially.

Surely you don't think DEBT constitutes a measure of WEALTH!

rich, low taxes and loads of Christians who claim to want to give freely – still sports enormous levels of poverty,

Do you have any clue what "poverty" in the US means? Because I would have loved to be in what defines US "poverty" growing up.

it seems as if your vision on how to organize a fair society

A fair society? Our Laws that governs society was never designed to be based on Fairness, but rather was based on Biblical standards and principles of what is JUST. Probably why we have a JUSTICE system, and not a "subjective" FAIRNESS system.

doesn’t quite work out for all. So if somebody forced me to leave home and gave me the choice between moving to the USA or to Canada, I'd probably pick Canada.

That's nice. But then the grass always appears greener, when one is not abreast of what they Speak of being so willing to jump into.

Bottom line Scripturally, Giving is according to ones heart, not out of necessity.

And not to forget...WHO is worse than an unbeliever....

1 Tim 5:8

God Bless,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

But none the less, I am sure Germany is just perfect , being such a welcoming liberal , loving country, unlike all us who are so 'worldly minded' in North America.

As does the US; Canada has some beautiful landscapes, big cities for those who like that, and many places of country charm. And liberalism like a cancer (of big ideas on how to decide to spend other people's wealth).

God Bless,
Taken

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So if somebody forced me to leave home and gave me the choice between moving to the USA or to Canada, I'd probably pick Canada.

That's good news.

Do us a favor and stay there. Perhaps there needs to be a wall in the north also.

Stranger

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
As does the US; Canada has some beautiful landscapes, big cities for those who like that, and many places of country charm. And liberalism like a cancer (of big ideas on how to decide to spend other people's wealth).

God Bless,
Taken

Agree, such beauty...the planet is wonderful and there is so much of God that is shown through His creation. It is just "the world" that has become so ugly now. Maybe through time it always has been...maybe because news travels so much faster than it did centuries ago- we just know of it in more abundance.
Im sure back when they were having biblical famines as in the book of Ruth they found the world a very nasty place! :oops:

Junobet lives in Germany, but she seems to know a whole lot about Canada and USA...and also many other things. I'm glad Germany has 'got it right' maybe they can teach the rest of the world.
Someone needs to! lol

There is all embracing and then there is all embracing with wisdom...
Joshua found this , we read in Joshua 9 , (I'm sure you remember...)
The enemy came to them..and lied ...12 "This our bread we took hot for our provision out of our houses on the day we came forth to go unto you; but now, behold, it is dry, and it is mouldy: 13 And these bottles of wine, which we filled, were new; and, behold, they be rent: and these our garments and our shoes are become old by reason of the very long journey. 14 And the men took of their victuals, and asked not counsel at the mouth of the Lord."
15 And Joshua made peace with them, and made a league with them, to let them live: and the princes of the congregation swear unto them..."
We know the story, how they tricked Joshua because he was moved by emotion and what he ( thought) that he saw.
Instead of obeying the Lord, because he was beguiled , he had to let them live instead of clearing the Land at God's commend. There is always a price to pay for not listening to the Lord. At the moment it seems emotions and taking the word of man over rules the "hearing of the ear".
Sadly we cannot trust the word of man...only the word of God.

But, that said...I do really believe it is all in God's Plan, what is coming may not be pleasant, but God is already in our all our tomorrows. :)

Bless you...Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Haha!! :D @Stranger
Hey there...I hope you are talking about the East? :eek:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agree, such beauty...the planet is wonderful and there is so much of God that is shown through His creation.

Agree; Pretty sure God agrees also;
You know; No excuses to not believe in Him.

It is just "the world" that has become so ugly now.

"Greed" & "Ignorance"
(Many want everything, and the "education" a joke)

Maybe through time it always has been...

Probably to a degree. Yet, if you pick through the nonsense, Gods beauty can be found, AND so also people of genuine character, as I called refreshing!

maybe because news travels so much faster than it did centuries ago- we just know of it in more abundance.

Yes, and more people, more craziness.

Im sure back when they were having biblical famines as in the book of Ruth they found the world a very nasty place! :oops:

In 2017, a small Greek Island, called a state of emergency because of Locust Swarms.
There are internet photos. Unbelievable!

Junobet lives in Germany, but she seems to know a whole lot about Canada and USA...and also many other things. I'm glad Germany has 'got it right' maybe they can teach the rest of the world.
Someone needs to! lol

Got it right? Don't know about that! My sister hosted a couple from Germany, for them to visit the US. The Woman a school teacher, wanted to visit a school, and did, and was shocked that high schools, look more like a sprawling College Campus. She also commented about the huge size of homes, number of cars at one home, and the large number of people who flew American Flags at their homes and businesses. They had a nice visit and exchanged the many differences.
BTW, my sisters' husband is Canadian, and they have traveled extensively in Canada. (Me, traveled there several times) Her husband was from Sak., Birth Certificate reads, Longitude and Latitude, LOL. And I think he was born with skates on his feet! LOL.

Agree. (One from the mind of men, and One from God in a mans (new) Heart)

The enemy came to them..and lied ...12 "This our bread we took hot for our provision out of our houses on the day we came forth to go unto you; but now, behold, it is dry, and it is mouldy: 13 And these bottles of wine, which we filled, were new; and, behold, they be rent: and these our garments and our shoes are become old by reason of the very long journey. 14 And the men took of their victuals, and asked not counsel at the mouth of the Lord."
15 And Joshua made peace with them, and made a league with them, to let them live: and the princes of the congregation swear unto them..."
We know the story, how they tricked Joshua because he was moved by emotion and what he ( thought) that he saw.
Instead of obeying the Lord, because he was beguiled , he had to let them live instead of clearing the Land at God's commend. There is always a price to pay for not listening to the Lord. At the moment it seems emotions and taking the word of man over rules the "hearing of the ear".

Yep.

Trust is "supposed" to begin with the parents.
Sort of a dilemma, what so many parents (lie) to and in front of their children; plus many parents are NOT raising their own children!

But, that said...I do really believe it is all in God's Plan, what is coming may not be pleasant, but God is already in our all our tomorrows. :)

Seems we are entering or in the time of Sorrows. And you know what comes next...
Not for the Saved!

God Bless you and yours,
Taken

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Taken Thanks for your post. Yes agree. Time of sorrows.

When I wrote, quote:- "Junobet lives in Germany, but she seems to know a whole lot about Canada and USA...and also many other things. I'm glad Germany has 'got it right' maybe they can teach the rest of the world. "

I should have added a :rolleyes:
It was tongue in cheek...she has in times past had a lot to say about many things...so I was being sarcastic about how she seems to know so much where 'we' are doing it wrong, which equates to me that Germany must be getting it all right. ( but for me...'lest said soonest mended where Angela Merkel is concerned! :eek: )

Reactions: Taken

junobet

May 20, 2016
Germany

I’m sure Canada is beautiful in all its parts, but I don’t think I’d be happy there. Like most people – including most people who arrived in Canada in recent years – I would only leave my country if I really had to and I’d miss my neighbourhood, family and friends terribly if I had to live anywhere else.

That doesn’t mean Germany is perfect. Far from it. Of course there are plenty of welcoming people like my elderly Mum in Germany, who still remembers what it is like to lose your home and become a refugee and who’s got the Christian conscience to help the two Syrian families in her village wherever she can. But there’s also plenty of people in Germany who spread false accusations against foreigners. The result of their Nazi-style hate-speech is that there are constantly arson attacks on refugee homes and that Muslim woman have to be afraid to be bullied in the bus, just as was the case in Canada. Do you approve of such behaviour?

junobet

May 20, 2016
Germany
Agree, such beauty...the planet is wonderful and there is so much of God that is shown through His creation. It is just "the world" that has become so ugly now. Maybe through time it always has been...maybe because news travels so much faster than it did centuries ago- we just know of it in more abundance.

Someone needs to! lol

Bless you...Helen
Joshua? Literally? So concerning the refugees that arrived in Canada you’re suggesting genocide? Really? That’s Christian?

Well BG, maybe the world should have learned from Germany’s mistakes between 1933 and 1945. Alas, sometimes I fear the world didn’t and history is going to repeat itself.