Oh that game of thrones!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

B

Butterfly

As a ' game of thrones fan ' I saw that this morning on Sky news and thought ' get a life !!! Lol
I was discussing it with my son this morning - just for reference the writers have really messed up this last series , really messed up - and after the finale tomorrow I think many of the fans may need anger management - I kind of already know the ending ( there are lots of leaks on the Internet )
I was discussing how people get hooked on soaps over here in the UK and how many people would need to deal with grief if some of them ended,I think Coronation Street has been running since the 1960's - it's on every night ( along with Eastenders, Hollyoaks, Home and away and emmerdale !!!! )
I don't watch any of them , my mum use to switch from one to the other, and recorder the rest.
The storylines are just so depressing ! Lol
I figure you must have shows like that as well X
Rita

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As a ' game of thrones fan ' I saw that this morning on Sky news and thought ' get a life !!! Lol
I was discussing it with my son this morning - just for reference the writers have really messed up this last series , really messed up - and after the finale tomorrow I think many of the fans may need anger management - I kind of already know the ending ( there are lots of leaks on the Internet )
I was discussing how people get hooked on soaps over here in the UK and how many people would need to deal with grief if some of them ended,I think Coronation Street has been running since the 1960's - it's on every night ( along with Eastenders, Hollyoaks, Home and away and emmerdale !!!! )
I don't watch any of them , my mum use to switch from one to the other, and recorder the rest.
Rita

Oh yes we sure do. I did a marathon of 10 seasons of Grey's Anatomy...was totally hooked and cried through many of the episodes. Awesomely written and very much true to life as well. They are coming up on their 15th season! And, they have upwards of 23 episodes in one season. I loved it...that is how I watch stuff from tv...I wait for it to come on Netflix and then watch the whole thing back to back, lol. And, yes, we have daytime soaps allll day. Many are hooked on those!

B

Butterfly

Yes, my son and daughter in law are fans of greys anatomy - they love it as well xx
I love game of thrones , but this season has been badly written - up until season 7 the writers had adapted from the books- this season the writers had full control - they obviously haven't had the same imagination!!

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, my son and daughter in law are fans of greys anatomy - they love it as well xx
I love game of thrones , but this season has been badly written - up until season 7 the writers had adapted from the books- this season the writers had full control - they obviously haven't had the same imagination!!

:(

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Rita
I have never watched GoT and don't watch soaps. When I was a little girl my gran got upset about a character in the Archers being killed off cos she thought it was real.

Reactions: Davy
B

Butterfly

Yes my mother in law use to get very engrossed with the characters. I remember watching Coronation street when I was a child- it was in black and white - Ena Sharples use to frighten me, she was very grumpy ! Lol

Reactions: Helen and Pearl

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I have never watched GoT and don't watch soaps. When I was a little girl my gran got upset about a character in the Archers being killed off cos she thought it was real.
Some ppl would develop an instant twitch in the wrist when the signature tune of The Archers would start to play, in order to turn off the radio...

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Some ppl would develop an instant twitch in the wrist when the signature tune of The Archers would start to play, in order to turn off the radio...
My sister still listens to it.

Reactions: Helen
B

Butterfly

What did you think of this last series , and the final episode metal Mike ?

MetalMike

May 21, 2019
Seattle Area
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What did you think of this last series , and the final episode metal Mike ?

Sorry for the delayed response, Butterfly! Unlike a lot of people, I wasn't disappointed with the final season or the final episode. I thought it ended pretty well, and you can tell they wrote the ending to create spin-off possibilities. Whether those materialize or not remains to be seen, since many of the cast members have said they're done with Game of Thrones.

I was surprised that Jon Snow killed Dany. I knew he would turn on her, but I didn't think he would kill her. I thought Arya would be the one to kill her.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Sorry for the delayed response, Butterfly! Unlike a lot of people, I wasn't disappointed with the final season or the final episode. I thought it ended pretty well, and you can tell they wrote the ending to create spin-off possibilities. Whether those materialize or not remains to be seen, since many of the cast members have said they're done with Game of Thrones.

I was surprised that Jon Snow killed Dany. I knew he would turn on her, but I didn't think he would kill her. I thought Arya would be the one to kill her.
Some of these games can be so absorbing that they can become really time-consuming...! :)

MetalMike

May 21, 2019
Seattle Area
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some of these games can be so absorbing that they can become really time-consuming...! :)

True. I'm just glad to have only watched the show and not WORKING on the show. Everybody involved put in an unbelievable amount of hours into making those episodes.

B

Butterfly

I have only just seen this response !
I was disappointed that Bran ended up on the throne, out of all the characters he just comes across as dull- my son is reading the books, and hopefully the last two will reveal a better build up or picture - of course, the books may have a different ending. I liked the series but .everything seemed to happen quick with the characters- I think the writers rushed it
I was impressed with the documentary that showed how hard everyone works, that gave me a new prospective. I love the ' extra ' that has done seven years , and thought he was so funny on the coach at the end.
Rita

Reactions: Pearl
B

Butterfly

It wasn't a game Farouk, it was a TV show - I actually think games can be a lot more addictive because you control what time you spend on them, TV shows are governed by when they were on.
Rita

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I was disappointed that Bran ended up on the throne, out of all the characters he just comes across as dull- my son is reading the books, and hopefully the last two will reveal a better build up or picture - of course, the books may have a different ending. I liked the series but .everything seemed to happen quick with the characters- I think the writers rushed it
I was impressed with the documentary that showed how hard everyone works, that gave me a new prospective. I love the ' extra ' that has done seven years , and thought he was so funny on the coach at the end.
Rita
I never watched any of it but son and two daughters did and weren't disappointed with the ending.

Reactions: Butterfly

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
It wasn't a game Farouk, it was a TV show - I actually think games can be a lot more addictive because you control what time you spend on them, TV shows are governed by when they were on.
Rita
Sometimes the shows are also replayed on the internet... :)

MetalMike

May 21, 2019
Seattle Area
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rita

I was also surprised that Bran got the throne. I did not see that one coming. I almost expected Tyrion and Sansa to rule together since they were still technically married.