"Oh The Blood Of Jesus"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Oh the blood of Jesus! Oh the blood of Jesus! Oh the blood of Jesus! It washes white as snow" the song says.

We could stop right there and have a service! Oh the blood of Jesus. The scriptures say "without the shedding of blood, there is no remission of sin."

When Jesus was hanging on the cross and blood was flowing from his body. "That was the blood that would heal humanity." That blood that had it's "how precious is the flow, like no other fount I know" would free man from what had been captivity to sin since the beginning of time. The scripture that says "the life of the flesh is in the blood."

Just as life flowed from the blood of Jesus, the life of Adam (death life) was flowing out. It was family blood, Adam had brought life to a family of people and now Jesus was killing out that family to start a new family, all by the blood "Oh the blood of Jesus."

The cross is a place of violence, what they did to Jesus was violent. What all humanity did not understand is Jesus was killing Adam. Not only did he kill Adam directly but anyone that was kin to Adam was going to die a violent death. This kind of death is never a pretty death but it would be a necessary death to free all humanity from sins clutches. It was not going to be a picnic in the park and today if we had to witness such a thing we would surely protest it and start a movement against such violence. In Jesus day it is how they dealt with common criminals, they beat them and hung them on a cross.

The blood that would flow to the every part of the being of the new family would be the very blood of their father.

"In him I live, and move, and have my being."