Olivet P7: The Coming of the Lord and the LAST-SEWIC

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MrBebe

Sep 8, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Previous Topics:
Olivet P1: Looking Through the Stones of the Buildings of the Temple
Olivet P2: False Messiahs (1st SEWIC)
Olivet P3: Fearful Things and Terrors (2nd SEWIC)
Olivet P4: Persecutions and Martyrdoms (3rd SEWIC)
Olivet P5: The Desolation and the Great Distress According to Luke

Olivet P6: The Great Tribulation (GT)

========

Mat 24:29-31 ASV

(29) But immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
(30) and then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
(31) And he shall send forth his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

The first events in this passage are about the “darkening” of heavenly hosts. These are the “darkening” at the start of the 6th Seal as was explained in the previous topic “The Great Tribulation.” The last event is about the gathering of the Lord’s elect which happens after a loud trumpet call (7th Trumpet). There are so many events in between the first and last events that are not included here in the LAST-SEWIC.

What we will do next is to know the relationship between the LAST-SEWIC and the X-SEWIC.

We have already partly discussed the X-SEWIC in regard with the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd SEWICs. We will now discuss its end part in relation to the LAST-SEWIC.

Although, the LAST-SEWIC doesn’t have “warnings” and “instructions” within itself, we’ll still call it a SEWIC – the LAST-SEWIC.

In verse 29, it says that the sun and the moon will be darkened and the stars will fall from heaven IMMEDIATELY after the tribulation (the great tribulation of the X-SEWIC). So, this means that the signs from the sun, moon, and stars are in parallel with the appearance of false messiahs and false prophets who will show great signs and wonders in the X-SEWIC. Here’s the middle and end part of the X-SEWIC:

Matthew 24:21-28 KJV
(21) For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
(22) And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect’s sake those days shall be shortened.
(23) Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.
(24) For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
(25) Behold, I have told you before.
(26) Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe itnot.
(27) For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
(28) For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.

In verse 27, the Lord Yeshua says that his coming will be like the lightning that comes from the east and flashes as far as the west. In verse 30-31 of the LAST-SEWIC of Matthew, the Lord says that at his coming on the clouds with power and great glory, he will send out his angels to GATHER his elect. Back to the last verse of the X-SEWIC, he says that wherever the corpse/body is, there the vultures/eagles will GATHER. Now, aren’t the gathering in the X-SEWIC and the gathering in the LAST-SEWIC which both occur at the coming of our Lord with power and great glory portray one and the same event? Read the following passage:

Luke 17:22-37 KJV
(22) And he said unto the disciples, The days will come, when ye shall desire to see one of the days of the Son of man, and ye shall not see it.
(23) And they shall say to you, See here; or, see there: go not after them, nor follow them.
(24) For as the lightning, that lighteneth out of the one part under heaven, shineth unto the other part under heaven; so shall also the Son of man be in his day.
(25) But first must he suffer many things, and be rejected of this generation.
(26) And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man.
(27) They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all.
(28) Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded;
(29) But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.
(30) Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.
(31) In that day, he which shall be upon the housetop, and his stuff in the house, let him not come down to take it away: and he that is in the field, let him likewise not return back.
(32) Remember Lot’s wife.
(33) Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose his life shall preserve it.
(34) I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left.
(35) Two women shall be grinding together; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
(36) Two men shall be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
(37) And they answered and said unto him, Where, Lord? And he said unto them, Wheresoever the body is, thither will the eagles be gathered together.

This passage is about the Lord’s coming which is likened to the lightning that shines on one part under the heaven unto the other part. The phrase “For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together” can also be found in this passage (v37). The people symbolized by the “vultures” or “eagles” are understood to be the one in every two persons which will be taken in verses 34 to 35 or 36. They will be taken while they are doing their daily routines – grinding meal, in bed [and working in the field]. This will be the situation at the DAYS (plural) of the Son of Man. These are likened to the DAYS of Noah and to the DAYS of Lot. The people were also doing their daily routines and were given in marriage. Then the day came when Noah and his family were taken from among the people. Also, the day came when Lot and his family were taken from Sodom. The peoples whom they left at their respective times were destroyed. Notice that in both of these instances, it was the people of God who were taken! They were taken to safe places before the coming of the destruction. So, the people that will be taken in that NIGHT (verses 34-35) are God’s people and they will be gathered where the corpse/body is.

The above passage (Luke 17:22-37) is similar to the passage below:

Mat 24:36-44 KJV
(36) But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.
(37) But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
(38) For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
(39) And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
(40) Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
(41) Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
(42) Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.
(43) But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.
(44) Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.

Their major difference is in their last parts:

Luke 17:33

Mat 24:43-33

Could the gathering of eagles/vultures to where the body/corpse is give us a hint what part of the night the Son of Man will come as a thief? In v36 of Mat 24 above, it is written that of that day and that hour, only the Father knows. But in v43-44, it is hinted that there is something that can be known in relation to the coming of the Lord. How can this be? We’ll go back to v36 after we had studied v43-44.

continued below...

Last edited:

MrBebe

Sep 8, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
continued from Post #1

There’s another passage similar to Mat 24:43-44:

Luk 12:35-40 KJV
(35) Let your loins be girded about, and your lights burning;
(36) And ye yourselves like unto men that wait for their lord, when he will return from the wedding; that when he cometh and knocketh, they may open unto him immediately.
(37) Blessed are those servants, whom the lord when he cometh shall find watching: verily I say unto you, that he shall gird himself, and make them to sit down to meat, and will come forth and serve them.
(38) And if he shall come in the second watch, or come in the third watch, and find them so, blessed are those servants.

(39) And this know, that if the goodman of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched, and not have suffered his house to be broken through.
(40) Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not.
The passage that I’m saying is v39-40. It is similar to Mat 24:43-44. Read the other verses before v39. At the time when the lord of the men returns, he will gird himself and make those he finds awake to sit down to meat and he will serve them. The Lord Yeshua had already done these things before he ascended to heaven. See the passage below (blue colored phrases):

Joh 13:1-5 ASV
(1) Now before the feast of the passover, Jesus knowing that his hour was come that he should depart out of this world unto his Father, having loved his own that were in the world, he loved them unto the end.
(2) And during supper, the devil having already put into the heart of Judas Iscariot, Simon’s son, to betray him,
(3) Jesus, knowing that the Father had given all things into his hands, and that he came forth from God, and goeth unto God,
(4) riseth from supper, and layeth aside his garments; and he took a towel, and girded himself.
(5) Then he poureth water into the basin, and began to wash the disciples’ feet, and to wipe them with the towel wherewith he was girded.​

In v1 above, there’s a definite time frame mentioned (in red) regarding the departure of the Lord out of this world unto his Father. It is written in Acts 1:10-11:

Act 1:10-11 KJV
(10) And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;
(11) Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.
In the Aramaic, verse 11 includes the word “what” or “when” ID-2:11330.

Definitions of ID-2:11330:

Sedra: what​

CAL: 1 when, after CPA, Syr, JudSyr.
So, Acts 1:11 could be translated as:

(Acts1:11) Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as when ye have seen him go into heaven.​

Is the time pointed to by “when” in Acts 1:11 the time frame of “his hour was come that he should depart out of this world unto his Father written in John 13:1?” It includes the Passover Supper.

Here’s is Matthews’s account of the Passover supper:

Mat 26:26-29 KJV
(26) And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body.
(27) And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it;
(28) For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.
(29) But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father’s kingdom.
Look at v26. There it is! The loaf of bread that the Lord broke, he says of it “Take, eat; this is my BODY!” His disciples were gathered to eat the bread which is his body.

In Mat 26:29, Mark 14:25, and Luke 22:16-18, the Lord Yeshua tells until when he will not eat the Passover and drink of the fruit of the vine – until the Kingdom (reign) of God comes (Luke 20:28).

The fruit of the vine symbolizes the Lord’s blood of the (new) covenant. This covenant is the New Covenant described in Jeremiah 31:

Jer 31:31-34 KJV
(31) Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
(32) Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:
(33) But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
(34) And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.​

The Passover and Final Plague

The first Passover was instituted before the 10th or final plague in Exodus 12:1-28. Then the final plague came.

In the 6th Bowl of the Seven Last Plagues, before the 7th or final plague, the Lord is hinted to arrive as a thief (Rev 16:15).

When he arrives, the 7th Trumpet will be blown and his elect will be taken up and gathered to where the body is which is symbolized by the bread. At that time, God will assume His power and he shall reign and the Lord Yeshua will AGAIN eat the Passover supper and drink the fruit of the vine with the saints.

Only the Father of the Lord Yeshua Knows that Day and that Hour

“That Day” in Mat 24:36 could be the Day of the Lord. It is said that the coming of the Day of the Lord is synonymous with the coming of the Son of Man in Power and Great Glory. What is not known unto all except unto the Father is perhaps on which particular Passover Day or on what day of the “hour” of John 13:1 the Day of the Lord (millenium) will start. The “hour” in v42-44 could mean the “hour” of a day/year, that is, a Jewish year divided into 24 equal parts; the first 12 hours being the “night part.”

NOTE to the reader: all the things said here by the poster about the “day” and the “hour” in v36 and v42-44 are all “MAYBEs”!!! We should be vigilant at all times.

Watches of night
Smith’s Bible Dictionary

"Watches of night : The Jews, like the Greeks and Romans, divided the night into military watches instead of hours, each watch representing the period for which sentinels or pickets remained on duty. The proper Jewish reckoning recognized only three such watches, entitled the first or “beginning of the watches,” (Lamentations 2:19) the middle watch, (Judges 7:19) and the morning watch. (Exodus 14:24; 1 Samuel 11:11) These would last respectively from sunset to 10 P.M.; from 10 P.M. to 2 A.M.; and from 2 A.M. to sunrise. After the establishment of the Roman supremacy, the number of watches was increased to four, which were described either according to their numerical order, as in the case of the “fourth watch,” (Matthew 14:25) or by the terms “even,” “midnight,” “cock-crowing” and “morning.” (Mark 13:35) These terminated respectively at 9 P.M., midnight, 3 A.M. and 6 A.M."

It can now be said that the gathering at the last verse of the X-SEWIC is the same gathering at the last verse of the LAST-SEWIC.

The Whole Picture

Below is the chart of events of the whole Olivet Prophecy:

In the 1st Seal of Revelation, the Rider on white horse was given a BOW!

How Great our God and the Lord Yeshua are!!!

Last edited:

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
<snip>

Here’s is Matthews’s account of the Passover supper:

Mat 26:26-29 KJV
(26) And as they were eating, Jesus took bread,​
So here's a question:

Can Jesus have both eaten and been the Passover in the same month of the same year?

IOW: Did Jesus eat the Passover, or was he the Passover?

For it can not have been both.

Last edited:

MrBebe

Sep 8, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
So here's a question:

Can Jesus have both eaten and been the Passover in the same month of the same year?

IOW: Did Jesus eat the Passover, or was he the Passover?

For it can not have been both.

That is a puzzling question. Maybe it's you who can answer that correctly.

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
That is a puzzling question. Maybe it's you who can answer that correctly.

Thank you for answering.

Short answer: He was the Passover sacrifice.

Remember, the Passover is a sacrifice, it is not a day. A sacrifice that is appointed in a given month(s), on a given day, at a given time(frame). One can not partake of a sacrifice before it is slain. Nor can the sacrifice be slain outside of it's appointed time, and still be the same said sacrifice.