1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

On the internet I found a solution to the Israel/Palestine conflict

Discussion in 'Christian Debate Forum' started by tooldtocare, Dec 20, 2018.

1. yes

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. no

5 vote(s)
    83.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. tooldtocare

tooldtocare Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    On the internet I found a solution to the Israel/Palestine conflict

Visit this site and then let's discuss solutions

Or just google it

www.universalknowledge.net

Or

"Love the stranger as thyself"

Google either and then let’s let the discussion/debate begin

2. Windmillcharge

Windmillcharge Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United Kingdom
    There can be no solution untill individuals are prepared to make peace and that means violating part of what they believe, so it won't happen.
    Eith islam would have to give up the land and there hatred of Israel or Israel has to give up land.
    Neither is prepared to do that.

3. CoreIssue

CoreIssue Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    God gave the land to Israel.

4. tooldtocare

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Yes he did but there was a catch. God gave them instructions on how they should live their lives "if" they wanted to keep His grace.
    History has shown us that they have failed to follow His commandments and still defy Him to this day.

Ezekiel
    32 Thou shalt be for fuel to the fire; thy blood shall be in the midst of the land; thou shalt be no more remembered: for I the LORD have spoken it.

brakelite, Dave L and "ByGrace" like this.
  5. CoreIssue

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    The Land covenant was to Abraham but it said nothing about it being immediate.

OT Israel failed to be the one who would fulfill it. But the land covenant was eternal, so it still had to be fulfilled.

It will be fulfilled in the restored Israel of the millennial kingdom.

Yes, they still defy God today but they will not tomorrow.

6. tooldtocare

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    The promise was fulfilled in 1947ad and instead of obeying the Lord's commandments they decided to throw bombs into school buses & the IDF snipers shooting little children while they sat at their UN sponsored school desks.
    "They" have not changed and for this they will pay the ultimate price.

7. tooldtocare

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    just keep telling yourself this if it helps you sleep at night.

8. CoreIssue

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    No way. The land covenant includes a vastly larger area that Israel has never occupied yet.

Israel was restored as the nation in 1948, but not the covenant nation.

Nancy likes this.
  9. tooldtocare

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Oh really? Please give me the verse that states this. What was it, from sea to shinning sea and all in between or what?

Keep telling yourself this if it helps you sleep at night.

10. Enoch111

Enoch111 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada
    1. The promise in the Abrahamic Covenant was NOT fulfilled in 1948. That can only happen after the Second Coming of Christ.
    2. There were acts of terrorism on both sides at the time that Israel was founded.
    3. Since then there have been several attempts to have both sides live peaceably and they have always failed.
    4. The Palestinians will never be satisfied until they have killed every Jew (*driven them into the sea* = wiped them out) and taken over the land of Israel.
    5. Iran will never allow the Palestinians to reach a genuine agreement to live in peace, and funds the daily terrorism of the Palestinians.
    6. The Muslim and Arab world are committed to the destruction of Israel.
    7. Israel has a right to defend itself and take every measure necessary to protect its citizens.
    8. The United Nations is committed to attacking and undermining Israel at every opportunity.

GodsGrace likes this.
  11. CoreIssue

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    I agree.

And remind everyone that Jerusalem being the center of world chaos as a boiling pot is one of the signs that the rapture is very near.

We need out United Nations.

12. tooldtocare

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Well, Christmas is the day to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ. Please set aside your hate for this one day and tomorrow will bring you peace

True

There is a first time for everything

You only say this because it gives you an excuse to hate one more day

Not true, You only say this because it gives you an excuse to hate one more day

If that were true Israel would already be destroyed

The Palestinians have that same right too

Then Israel should leave the UN and all the other world organizations. For satin will protect them through thick and thin until hell freezes over.

just my opinion :)-

13. Dave L

Dave L Guest

“For all the promises of God [Made to Abraham] in him [Jesus] are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.” (2 Corinthians 1:20) (KJV 1900)

14. CoreIssue

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    2 Corinthians 1:20 New International Version (NIV)
    20 For no matter how many promises God has made, they are “Yes” in Christ. And so through him the “Amen” is spoken by us to the glory of God.

Does not say what you claimed.

15. Dave L

Dave L Guest

It says Jesus (Israel) is the recipient of the promises. And only through him do they apply to anyone else.

brakelite likes this.
  16. CoreIssue

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Jesus is never called Israel.

It never says all the promises made were to Jesus.

The Davidic covenant was to David, not Jesus. Jesus fulfills it.

The land covenant was to Abraham and will be fulfilled by Israel, not Jesus.

17. Dave L

Dave L Guest

Paul says Jesus is Abraham's seed, not the unbelieving Jews Galatians 3:16. Matthew's use of Hosea also reveals that Jesus IS Israel.

“When Israel was a child, then I loved him, And called my son out of Egypt.” (Hosea 11:1)

“Then he [Joseph] got up, took the child and his mother during the night, and went to Egypt. He stayed there until Herod died. In this way what was spoken by the Lord through the prophet was fulfilled: “I called my Son out of Egypt.”” (Matthew 2:14–15)

“if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.” (2 Chronicles 7:14) (NIV)

“Lord, listen! Lord, forgive! Lord, hear and act! For your sake, my God, do not delay, because your city and your people bear your Name.”” (Daniel 9:19) (NIV)

brakelite likes this.
  18. CoreIssue

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    At the second coming Israel repents and turns to Christ.

Again, Israel was the father of the 12 tribes and they were called out of Egypt.

You failed to understand Jesus is a son of Israel via Mary.

19. Reggie Belafonte

Reggie Belafonte Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Australia
    How can the Servants of God repent as such ? there is no need for a servant of God to repent and turn to Christ, because if they are a servant of God (Israel) they never strayed from God in the first place, now did they ?
    The Servants of God are the ones who abide with Jesus as they know him, as we all know that Jesus is the King of Israel, he is the King of the Servants of God.

Any person who states that the so called Jews of today are Israel is a fool ! they are of Satan, they are under Satan's power, as is anyone who does not know Jesus Christ and does not abide in him, shows such to be a fact.
    No one can come to the Father but by his only begotten Son, Jesus Christ = Our Lord and Saviour.
    The way is only through Jesus Christ, this Gate is a narrow one, not wide at all.
    If Jesus does not know you, what are you then ?

20. Dave L

Dave L Guest

At the second coming Israel (believers of all time) are restored (resurrected) into the New Heavens and earth where all of the promises find perfect fulfillment. This is what Abraham looked for realizing the physical Land Promises were merely symbolic of heaven.

“All these people were still living by faith when they died. They did not receive the things promised; they only saw them and welcomed them from a distance, admitting that they were foreigners and strangers on earth. People who say such things show that they are looking for a country of their own. If they had been thinking of the country they had left, they would have had opportunity to return. Instead, they were longing for a better country—a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared a city for them.” (Hebrews 11:13–16) (NIV)

Reggie Belafonte likes this.