Once Saved....always Saved - Results of Questionnaire.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's OK because God know what is and what is not correct. If a person really stays on God's side, will the way that person leans with regard to the question polled make a difference?

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Agree Grams...Yes, once saved = saved.
But what should keep us motivated is the place/seating in the Kingdom.
As we keep on keeping on ..seeing Him who is invisible..never looking to the left or right but at God our Goal...we will in due time reach or Destination.
He is our Destiny.

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't you think that most people who are saved would try to be good ? After all we are all sinners !

I know a lot of time it comes to me what would GOD think of what I am doing ? This helps me a lot...... plus getting into the bible and
reading the N.T. our time Romans - Philemon helps !

Reactions: Nancy and Helen

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes.......... ! & We need to get the lost , knowledge that there is only one GOD ! And how great GOD is.

And how wonderful Heaven will be ! And it is for " eternity " !

Reactions: Nancy

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
You are either saved !!! Or Not!

Once saved is for ever............ but what you do on this earth gives you your position in the heavens.........
Once saved is forever as long as you keep yourself saved.
I'd like to know where you read that you're saved forever.
Where did Jesus say this?
Even Paul gave conditions to being saved.

And if you have any doubt as to what Paul said or meant, which many theologians and bible scholars do, BTW, maybe you could refer back to Jesus words since He's the one who hung on that cross.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Here's the latest poll.
OSAS = 100%
Not everyone who THINKS they're going to heaven are going.
Especially with this false idea floating around...it most probably gets persons lost eternally just by thinking they're saved forever.

It would behoove all of us to tell the truth and notice how everything in faith is in the present tense and not in the past tense.

For instance:
John 3:16
Whoever BELIEVES
NOT Believed.

You have to be a believer at the time of your death.

Reactions: Andre and Marymog

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Some say that backsliders were not saved in the first place.
These persons should try reading
2 Peter 2:20-22

20For if, after they have escaped the defilements of the world by the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and are overcome, the last state has become worse for them than the first. 21For it would be better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turn away from the holy commandment handed on to them. 22It has happened to them according to the true proverb, “A DOG RETURNS TO ITS OWN VOMIT,” and, “A sow, after washing, returns to wallowing in the mire.”

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GodsGrace

Eph.2;
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Not of works, lest any man should boast.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Check out ephesians 2:10
i gave you a like there, but i guess it is better to just let the many be deceived? I would be curious to know if you even get a reply there though, tag me or something? i can count the number of times Scripture has swayed a believer's opinion on a matter on one hand, after like ten years of forums

i guess hearing is better than talking/debating, at least once a fellow has made it clear that they are here to profess, not to hear anything. No one seeks reproof or correction, after all; at least that i know of?

ppl who speak as oracles, or make deterministic statements, or say "this is that, and that is this" may invariably also be observed to contradict themselves (or just 100% outright lie), often in the next sentence

Last edited:

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
i gave you a like there, but i guess it is better to just let the many be deceived? I would be curious to know if you even get a reply there though, tag me or something? i can count the number of times Scripture has swayed a believer's opinion on a matter on one hand, after like ten years of forums

i guess hearing is better than talking/debating, at least once a fellow has made it clear that they are here to profess, not to hear anything. No one seeks reproof or correction, after all; at least that i know of?

ppl who speak as oracles, or make deterministic statements, or say "this is that, and that is this" may invariably also be observed to contradict themselves (or just 100% outright lie), often in the next sentence
bb
Just want to say that I'm not here to change anybody's mind.
Everyone could believe what they want to and they'll take it up with God when the time comes...including me.

I'm basically writing for those reading along. Some are new Christians and it's incorrect to say that because someone walked down to an alter once time and "accepted" the Lord Jesus, he is saved forever.

No where does the N.T. declare this. In fact Paul is somewhat worried that even HE may not be saved in the end.
1 Corinthians 9:27
New American Standard Bible
but I discipline my body and make it my slave, so that, after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not everyone who THINKS they're going to heaven are going.
Especially with this false idea floating around...it most probably gets persons lost eternally just by thinking they're saved forever.

It would behoove all of us to tell the truth and notice how everything in faith is in the present tense and not in the past tense.

For instance:
John 3:16
Whoever BELIEVES
NOT Believed.

You have to be a believer at the time of your death.
I am with Jesus always.
He never leaves me.
He protects my whole life.
Now if you doubt your salvation, maybe that means you aren't really saved
maybe you need to look at that

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
bb
Just want to say that I'm not here to change anybody's mind.
Everyone could believe what they want to and they'll take it up with God when the time comes...including me.

I'm basically writing for those reading along. Some are new Christians and it's incorrect to say that because someone walked down to an alter once time and "accepted" the Lord Jesus, he is saved forever.

No where does the N.T. declare this. In fact Paul is somewhat worried that even HE may not be saved in the end.
1 Corinthians 9:27
New American Standard Bible
but I discipline my body and make it my slave, so that, after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified.
You lack understanding
You are prejudiced beyond reason
You take verses out of context
and when this is shown to you, you ignore it and go back into the muddle you create for yourself
You cannot be reasoned with
You are lost within your own reasoning

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
I am with Jesus always.
He never leaves me.
He protects my whole life.
Now if you doubt your salvation, maybe that means you aren't really saved
maybe you need to look at that
Who said I doubt my salvation?
I'm as sure of it as you are of yours.

I'm just willing to admit that it's POSSIBLE to lose it if I DON'T stay close to Jesus always.

If I have faith in our Lord..........I'm saved
If I don't have faith in our Lord...I'm not saved

Faith is the necessary quality for salvation.
If one decides to stop following Christ, then he will no longer be saved.
Mathew 7:23-24
23“And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; DEPART FROMME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.’
24“Therefore everyone who hears these words of Mine and acts on them, may be compared to a wise man who built his house on the rock.

Those who practice lawlessness will not enter into the Kingdom of heaven - they will be told to depart.
Those who hear the words of Jesus and ACTS on them will be as a wise man.

Reactions: bbyrd009