ONE ANOTHER

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If a church claims to be a bible beleiving church or a christian claims to be a bible beleiving christian what does that mean? Does it mean it/they beleive what the bible says or does it mean they do what the bible says to do?

If that is the case, then should they not follow the one another teaching of scripture. here is the first example.....

John 13:34 I give a new commandment to you, that you should love one another; according as I loved you, you should also love one another. By this all shall know that you are My disciples, if you have love among one another.

John 15:12 This is My commandment, that you love one another as I loved you.
John 15:17 These things I command you, that you love one another.

So a bible believing church? Do you love one another or just tolerate one another? Jesus said to love one another as he has loved us. Are we prepared to lay down our lives for each other?

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If a church claims to be a bible beleiving church or a christian claims to be a bible beleiving christian what does that mean? Does it mean it/they beleive what the bible says or does it mean they do what the bible says to do?

If that is the case, then should they not follow the one another teaching of scripture. here is the first example.....

John 13:34 I give a new commandment to you, that you should love one another; according as I loved you, you should also love one another. By this all shall know that you are My disciples, if you have love among one another.

John 15:12 This is My commandment, that you love one another as I loved you.
John 15:17 These things I command you, that you love one another.

So a bible believing church? Do you love one another or just tolerate one another?
I think, like I said in a thread elsewhere, that love for God first, above and beyond our love for one another, should and will be the final test of faith. Only a genuine love for God will result in love for one another.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The term 'Bible believing' assumes a claim which those making use of mostly do not substantiate, and so the claim becomes subjective.
We are admonished to work out our own Salvation with fear and trembling because of the danger of distorting God's word; because of the danger of assuming one has it more right than ones fellow.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The term 'Bible believing' assumes a claim which those making use of mostly do not substantiate, and so the claim becomes subjective.
We are admonished to work out our own Salvation with fear and trembling because of the danger of distorting God's word; because of the danger of assuming one has it more right than ones fellow.
YEP.... It's everywhere... in plain view.

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
So a bible believing church? Do you love one another or just tolerate one another? Jesus said to love one another as he has loved us. Are we prepared to lay down our lives for each other?
Speaking from experience I have concluded some who attend fellowships find it either really difficult or impossible to show love for everyone. I've had a nemesis or two cross my path in the ekklesias I have served in, but it has caused me to examine myself and practice the instruction to forgive those who sin against me. Abiding in Christ, as branches of the vine, enables us to show love towards one another. I'm not very good at doing it in my own strength.

Last edited:
Reactions: marks

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This is the ideal within a local church context, and Christ is our example, since He laid down His life not only for His sheep, but for all mankind.

So the mature Christians should be prepared to do so. But not all are at that point. The time of testing is here, and as Jesus said many will betray their brethren. The point is that each one has to take personal responsibility for himself or herself. But the shepherds are to also take responsibility for the flock. And no one should forget what Christ said: As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten". We seem to forget this.

Reactions: marksman

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Mark 9:50 Salt is good: but if the salt have lost his saltness, wherewith will ye season it? Have salt in yourselves, and have PEACE one with another.
That means don't war with each other.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
John 13:14 If I then, your Lord and Master, have washed your feet; ye also ought to wash one another's feet.

Don't be defeated by this instruction.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
John 13:35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

There it is again.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
John 13:35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

There it is again.
YEP.... I have been in deep pondering over this... I am guilty of NOT following that command.... However... I am not part of any denomination... nor do I TRUST any one... I find that God has a way of working with me inspite of that.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have made some dear friends in the faith over the years. They are like family. Yes, Id lay down my lives for them.

Reactions: amigo de christo

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I have made some dear friends in the faith over the years. They are like family. Yes, Id lay down my lives for them.
@Wynona I do love the theme of fellowship in John's First Epistle: all about walking in the light as He is in the light; and with it's supremely important Godward/Christward aspect also.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
YEP.... I have been in deep pondering over this... I am guilty of NOT following that command.... However... I am not part of any denomination... nor do I TRUST any one... I find that God has a way of working with me inspite of that.
One doesn't have to be part of any denomination to practise Acts 2.42 in simplicity...

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Perish the thought that programmed service attendance exemplifies discipleship.

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Indeed, the 'continued steadfastly' in Acts 2.42 is ultimately a matter of what motivates the heart of the believer...
Yes, a discipline is involved, based on doctrine.

Joh 19:38 After this, Joseph of Arimathea, being a disciple of Jesus, but secretly, for fear of the Jews, asked Pilate that he might take away the body of Jesus; and Pilate gave him permission. So he came and took the body of Jesus.