One Fold.....One Shepherd ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
who, where, how, why - who are the other sheep etc = God created all humankind as His sheep to hear and respond to His voice but something went terribly wrong so Jesus came to bring them together again - how He will do this is not fully understood or realised - so guess how ? they will hear again, recognise and respond to the Shepherd's voice and return to the fold - imho - twinc

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Start with who the original sheep are.
Who do you think they are?
Everything you posted in your OP is correct.
Where's the problem??

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
we seek answers, but we only get more questions :)
Except for one question, Christianity has answered all my questions.
As for the other sheep, anyone who studies the covenants, and I use the word STUDY lightly because there are books and books written on them, it is obvious and not to be debated who the other sheep are.
I don't really have questions anymore...
(not because I'm sooooo intelligent, but because I'm satisfied being friendly with Jesus)

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
we seek answers, but we only get more questions :)

because you are probably seeking in the wrong place - a bit like the man in the dark on his hands and knees under a street lamp looking for something he lost in the dark looking for it where there was light - twinc
As for the other sheep, anyone who studies the covenants, and I use the word STUDY lightly because there are books and books written on them, it is obvious and not to be debated who the other sheep are.
(not because I'm sooooo intelligent, but because I'm satisfied being friendly with Jesus)

I am envious - how wonderful for you - for the bible clearly tells us about books sand books and intelligence and learning etc - all books written so that we may simply believe[Jn 20:31]- Intelligence = Rmns 1:22 -learning = 2Timothy3:7 - Acts 26:24 - twinc

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
because you are probably seeking in the wrong place - a bit like the man in the dark on his hands and knees under a street lamp looking for something he lost in the dark looking for it where there was light - twinc

Sometimes, to find an "answer", is simply to accept a thing according to our own understanding which may or may not be correct. Sometimes, when we think we have it all figured out, that we have the answer... We may later find out that we did not in fact have the correct answer, because we either missed something or stopped short. Along with other possible reasons which I won't go into here.

That does not negate that some find answers. Some questions are easier than others. However, some questions, only generate more questions as @bbyrd009 stated.

Here's a question: What is the "light" that was spoken into being in Genesis 1:3?

Reactions: bbyrd009

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy

I am envious - how wonderful for you - for the bible clearly tells us about books sand books and intelligence and learning etc - all books written so that we may simply believe[Jn 20:31]- Intelligence = Rmns 1:22 -learning = 2Timothy3:7 - Acts 26:24 - twinc
What does intelligence have to do with what I've said?

What questions has God not answered for you?
All the answers are in the bible.
Except one.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Sometimes, to find an "answer", is simply to accept a thing according to our own understanding which may or may not be correct. Sometimes, when we think we have it all figured out, that we have the answer... We may later find out that we did not in fact have the correct answer, because we either missed something or stopped short. Along with other possible reasons which I won't go into here.

That does not negate that some find answers. Some questions are easier than others. However, some questions, only generate more questions as @bbyrd009 stated.

Here's a question: What is the "light" that was spoken into being in Genesis 1:3?
The above happened to me regarding my one unanswered question.
When I became Christian many years ago, I thought I had figured out the problem of evil. I was so content! Everything fit into place.
About 10 years later, I realized a mistake I was making and thus, I really did NOT understand it.

Here we are, many many years later and I've discovered that there is no answer. So we do what you said, just accept and be happy to know the Light of the World.

Reactions: Richard_oti

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
because you are probably seeking in the wrong place
ah, i was being generous there, i don't seek answers anymore in that nature, to manifest a pointless belief about what happened in the past, or will happen in the future, so that i might divide myself into the right "club." Although i completely understand the practice, don't get me wrong

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands

That does not negate that some find answers.
ezackly, ya. I realized that my "answers" were preventing me from learning better truths on those matters, and that i was hanging on to "answers" meant to serve my perspective at the time, like we do for little kids

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
ah, maybe it is in defining "gentiles" that we run into issues, then
Jesus came for the whole world.
God would want that all be saved.
You know the verses.
Everyone is a gentile except for the Jews.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
so, just being coy there, or what? :)
No. Not being coy.
I don't think I ever posted before about how I thought I had conquered the question of evil ---
I was confirming that we learn new things all the time.
But, hopefully, when we learn it, it will be the correct teaching.