One reason to reject amillennialism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Always Believing

Aug 28, 2022
Cohocton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It doesn't take '23' reasons to reject false prophecy and doctrine. But only one. In fact, if it does take a volume of reasons to reject a teaching, then it's probably good teaching. Like the one stone cut out of the mountain, to bring crashing down the whole grandly built idol. It only takes one Scripture contradicting a teaching to undo it as false.

The doctrine of amillennialism is all about one thing: The only reigning kingdom of Christ on this earth is now His current spiritual reign. They say His 'millennial' kingdom reign is now His everlasting kingdom from heaven, begun at His resurrection.

And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison.

They say this symbolic thousand year reign has been going on since His resurrection, and Satan is already now shut up in the pit.

They are saying the Lord's spiritual reign and everlasting kingdom, that men can enter into now, will expire and come to an end: Jesus Christ's everlasting kingdom will expire.

The only way for the kingdom of Christ to ever expire, is if it is physical on this earth, before the earth itself passes away.

His everlasting spiritual kingdom of heaven is here on earth for all that believe to enter in, and will continue here on earth while He also reigns bodily, and will continue after that earthly kingdom expires. His spiritual everlasting kingdom open to them that believe, began with His resurrection, and will never expire, but continues forever in New Jerusalem on the new earth.

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It doesn't take '23' reasons to reject false prophecy and doctrine. But only one. In fact, if it does take a volume of reasons to reject a teaching, then it's probably good teaching. Like the one stone cut out of the mountain, to bring crashing down the whole grandly built idol. It only takes one Scripture contradicting a teaching to undo it as false.

The doctrine of amillennialism is all about one thing: The only reigning kingdom of Christ on this earth is now His current spiritual reign. They say His 'millennial' kingdom reign is now His everlasting kingdom from heaven, begun at His resurrection.

And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison.

They say this symbolic thousand year reign has been going on since His resurrection, and Satan is already now shut up in the pit.

They are saying the Lord's spiritual reign and everlasting kingdom, that men can enter into now, will expire and come to an end: Jesus Christ's everlasting kingdom will expire.
No, we do not say that. Why are you resorting to lying about what we Amils believe? Is it because you are completely unable to refute what we believe using scripture? That must be the case. I see no other reason for your lies.

It only talks about Satan being loosed when the thousand years ends and does not say that Jesus stops reigning when the thousand years ends. So, don't tell us what we believe and make a fool of yourself in the process. We will tell you what we believe.

Reactions: WPM and Marty fox

Always Believing

Aug 28, 2022
Cohocton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It only talks about Satan being loosed when the thousand years ends and does not say that Jesus stops reigning when the thousand years ends.
The expiration of a thousand years is the end of Jesus' reign on earth, which is when when Satan is loosed on earth one last time, and Gog and Magog gather around the beloved city.

By translating His Millennium reign into His spiritual eternal reign today, you make His everlasting kingdom to expire.

Only His physical reign on earth will expire. The same as the finishing of His time on the cross, and the ministry of His two witnesses on earth.

And when they shall have finished their testimony....

Last edited:

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The only way for the kingdom of Christ to ever expire, is if it is physical on this earth, before the earth itself passes away.

His everlasting spiritual kingdom of heaven is here on earth for all that believe to enter in, and will continue here on earth while He also reigns bodily, and will continue after that earthly kingdom expires. His spiritual everlasting kingdom open to them that believe, began with His resurrection, and will never expire, but continues forever in New Jerusalem on the new earth.
Excellent again. You have proven that the kingdom of Christ spoken of in Rev 20, cannot be the eternal kingdom of Christ opened to all men at His resurrection.

One is bound to a thousand years on earth, and expires with it, and the other is spiritually on earth, but is eternal in the heavens, and not bound to the earth.

Both kingdoms will be on the earth at the same time for a thousand years, one being His physical reign over all nations, and the other being the same everlasting kingdom all believers enter into yesterday, today, and forever.

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The expiration of a thousand years is the end of Jesus' reign on earth, which is when when Satan is loosed on earth one last time, and Gog and Magog gather around the beloved city.

By translating His Millennium reign into His spiritual eternal reign today, you make His everlasting kingdom to expire.

Only His physical reign on earth will expire. The same as the finishing of His time on the cross, and the ministry of His two witnesses on earth.

And when they shall have finished their testimony....
Believing that Jesus would rule over some temporary kingdom is complete nonsense that can't be taken seriously. He would never reign over a meaningless temporary kingdom. His kingdom, which does not come with observation (Luke 17:20) and is not of this world (John 18:36) will go on forever.

Reactions: Truth7t7

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Excellent again. You have proven that the kingdom of Christ spoken of in Rev 20, cannot be the eternal kingdom of Christ opened to all men at His resurrection.

One is bound to a thousand years on earth, and expires with it, and the other is spiritually on earth, but is eternal in the heavens, and not bound to the earth.

Both kingdoms will be on the earth at the same time for a thousand years, one being His physical reign over all nations, and the other being the same everlasting kingdom all believers enter into yesterday, today, and forever.
"Both kingdoms"? LOL. Scripture never teaches that Christ would rule over 2 kingdoms at once. You guys just make stuff up. It can't be taken seriously. It's utterly ridiculous.

Reactions: Truth7t7

Always Believing

Aug 28, 2022
Cohocton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Believing that Jesus would rule over some temporary kingdom is complete nonsense that can't be taken seriously. He would never reign over a meaningless temporary kingdom. His kingdom, which does not come with observation (Luke 17:20) and is not of this world (John 18:36) will go on forever.
And of all my sons, (for the LORD hath given me many sons,) he hath chosen Solomon my son to sit upon the throne of the kingdom of the LORD over Israel.

Christ's kingdom of Israel was temporary.

By vain imagination of people's own ideologies, they show they have no clue what they are talking about in the word of God.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Both kingdoms"? LOL. Scripture never teaches that Christ would rule over 2 kingdoms at once. You guys just make stuff up. It can't be taken seriously. It's utterly ridiculous.
I Agree

Just like the Matthew 24:21 reformed preterist great tribulation starting in 70AD, and lasting 2,000+ years into the future "Utterly Ridiculous"

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sounds like a sequel to the Sci-Fi (Left Behind) series, written by Tim La Haye & Jerry Jenkins

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And of all my sons, (for the LORD hath given me many sons,) he hath chosen Solomon my son to sit upon the throne of the kingdom of the LORD over Israel.

Christ's kingdom of Israel was temporary.

By vain imagination of people's own ideologies, they show they have no clue what they are talking about in the word of God.
That wasn't Christ's kingdom. Jesus Himself said His kingdom does not come with observation (Luke 17:20) and is not of this world (John 18:36). Isaiah 9:6-7 makes it clear that His kingdom is eternal. NOWHERE does scripture ever teach that He would rule over any temporary kingdom. You are making that up.

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He ruled over the temporary kingdom of Israel by law of Moses.
Nonsense. You guys are so stubborn that you won't admit anything you believe is wrong even when it's been clearly refuted. Show me where scripture ever teaches that Jesus Christ would ever rule over a temporary kingdom. Good luck.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another single reason for rejected amillennial rule over the earth, is that prior to His Millenium on earth, neither He nor His saints have any personal rule over any nation at all.

The spiritual reign of Christ today is only over His saints, who only have the rule of His law in their own households only, if that.

Not all Christians even now reign over their own homes as Christ will over all nations in His Millennium.

Jesus does not at this time tell any leader on earth what to do, nor punish any by His law: no nation is now ruled by the law of CHrist, nor is any nation without rain from not attending the feast of tabernacles yearly.

And any amil that thinks they are ruling over the nations with a rod of iron, are just having delusions of grandeur.

Always Believing

Aug 28, 2022
Cohocton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That wasn't Christ's kingdom.
Now you say the God of Israel in heaven, was never ruling over His kingdom of national Israel on earth.

And the LORD said unto Samuel, Hearken unto the voice of the people in all that they say unto thee: for they have not rejected thee, but they have rejected me, that I should not reign over them.

You have no shame at all in writing your own bible, in order to continue in your own prophecy.

There is no Scripture nor doctrine of God you will not disanull for the sake of your own tradition, even as the Jews of old.

Jesus Himself said His kingdom does not come with observation (Luke 17:20)
It wasn't 'His' everlasting kingdom while He was a man on earth. It was the everlasting kingdom of God and of the Father, that is not visible to men.

He laid down His eternal kingdom as the Word and God of Israel.

Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

This is prophecy of His future millennium kingdom on earth, where His servants do fight for Him over all nations.

Amils that corrupt His kingdom, saying they are ruling and exercising authority in His millennium, are the church militant beligerates, that cause the world to blaspheme the ministry of Christ today.

and is not of this world (John 18:36). Isaiah 9:6-7 makes it clear that His kingdom is eternal. NOWHERE does scripture ever teach that He would rule over any temporary kingdom. You are making that up.
Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

Now it's not.

And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

Then it will be.

Gilligan

Oct 30, 2021
Spring
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here are a couple more reasons to reject amil, that I thought of while contending with it:

The only fire coming down from heaven in the sight of men, is that of Satan by his false christ.

The Bible does not say the fire of God will come down upon Gog and Magog, will be seen by any man.

Also, to be reigning in the millennium of Christ, it is only by the resurrection.

For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.

No one on this earth at this time, is already in the resurrection and as the angels in heaven. Therefore no man at this time is in the Millennium of Christ on earth.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here are a couple more reasons to reject amil, that I thought of while contending with it:

The only fire coming down from heaven in the sight of men, is that of Satan by his false christ.

The Bible does not say the fire of God will come down upon Gog and Magog, will be seen by any man.
What about Gog and Magog? I would think they would certainly see God's fire coming down in their faces?

Also, to be reigning in the millennium of Christ, it is only by the resurrection.

For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.

No one on this earth at this time, is already in the resurrection and as the angels in heaven. Therefore no man at this time is in the Millennium of Christ on earth.
Now this is very good. The resurrection and reigning in His Millennium go hand in hand. Natural people will be in His Millennium, but they won't be reigning with Him with a rod of iron.

Good job.

Gilligan

Oct 30, 2021
Spring
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What about Gog and Magog? I would think they would certainly see God's fire coming down in their faces?
Unless the fire of God is immediate and faster than lightning, while the fire of Satan is slow enough to make sure men see it and impress them with it.

Jesus will be as lightning coming down against His enemies at Armageddon, so why not God's fire.

Now this is very good. The resurrection and reigning in His Millennium go hand in hand. Natural people will be in His Millennium, but they won't be reigning with Him with a rod of iron.

Good job.
Thank you.