One taken to heaven and the other left to face the Tribulation...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you know that the rapture verse Paul was speaking of in 1 Thes 4 was actually a quote of Jesus' words in Matt 24 (one taken the other left)?

Did you know that the rapture was common knowledge among the saints and not a special revelation to Paul?

Paul speaks of a taking to heaven.....

14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Paul speaks of a thief....

5 But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.

2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

Paul speaks of a drunk.......

4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.

5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.

6 Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.

7 For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night.

Now Jesus speaks of a taking of a saint.....

40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

41 Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

Then Jesus speaks of a thief.....

42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.

43 But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.

44 Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.

Next, Jesus speaks of a drunk.....

48 But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming;

49 And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken;

This is not a scriptural coincidence, but Paul (sequentially) quoted the words of Jesus.....For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord....

Reactions: Taken and WaterSong

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Did you know that the rapture verse Paul was speaking of in 1 Thes 4 was actually a quote of Jesus' words in Matt 24 (one taken the other left)?

Did you know that the rapture was common knowledge among the saints and not a special revelation to Paul?
Do you know that Jesus refuted any ideas of humans going to heaven?
Jesus said:
1/ John 3:13 No one has gone up to heaven, except the One who came down from there…
Jesus is talking about the things of heaven, truths that apply forever.

2/ Revelation 2 & 3;Those who are victorious over Satan and who persevere until the end, will receive the crown of Life.
They are the people seen in Revelation 6:9-14. On earth, as proved by the first 3 verses of Rev 6.

3/ John 7:33-34…I am going away to Him who sent Me and where I go, you cannot come.
A plain statement that also applies forever.

4/ John 8:21-23 Again He said: Where I go, you cannot come. You belong to this world below, I to the world above….
Our home is the earth, we are earth people and not spirits and even after the Millennium, those worthy will become immortal, but will still remain on earth.

5/ John 17:15 I do not pray that You take My people out of this world, but to keep them from the evil one.
Jesus was talking to God and what He asked applies to all Christians. Remember: we pray for God’s Kingdom to come on earth as it is in heaven and it will, with the New Jerusalem.

6/ Revelation 5:10 You have made them priests for our God and they shall reign on earth.
This refers to every faithful Christian, people from every tribe, race, nation and language, they shall reign on earth. That is our destiny, we never go to heaven, only our souls if we are martyred. Revelation 6:9-11

Reactions: Nancy

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said:
1/ John 3:13 No one has gone up to heaven, except the One who came down from there…

2/ Revelation 2 & 3;Those who are victorious over Satan and who persevere until the end, will receive the crown of Life.
They are the people seen in Revelation 6:9-14. On earth, as proved by the first 3 verses of Rev 6.

3/ John 7:33-34…I am going away to Him who sent Me and where I go, you cannot come.

4/ John 8:21-23 Again He said: Where I go, you cannot come. You belong to this world below, I to the world above….
Our home is the earth, we are earth people and not spirits and even after the Millennium, those worthy will become immortal, but will still remain on earth.

5/ John 17:15 I do not pray that You take My people out of this world, but to keep them from the evil one.
Jesus was talking to God and what He asked applies to all Christians. Remember: we pray for God’s Kingdom to come on earth as it is in heaven and it will, with the New Jerusalem.

6/ Revelation 5:10 You have made them priests for our God and they shall reign on earth.
This refers to every faithful Christian, people from every tribe, race, nation and language, they shall reign on earth. That is our destiny, we never go to heaven, only our souls if we are martyred. Revelation 6:9-11
There will be a new heaven and a new earth.

Everything we know of will be eliminated and remade from scratch.

The New Jerusalem city in Rev 21/22 depicts this heavenly city.

This city will be within the new heaven.

So technically, we are going to heaven.

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Paul speaks of a taking to heaven.....

14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Paul speaks of a thief....

5 But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.

2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

Paul speaks of a drunk.......

4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.

5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.

6 Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.

7 For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night.

Now Jesus speaks of a taking of a saint.....

40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

41 Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

Then Jesus speaks of a thief.....

42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.

43 But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.

44 Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.

Next, Jesus speaks of a drunk.....

48 But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming;

49 And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken;

This is not a scriptural coincidence, but Paul (sequentially) quoted the words of Jesus.....For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord....

Did you know that this verse, For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him, as well as others of course, such as Daniel 12:2, is what gives rise to the SDA~ Seventh Day Adventist, belief in soul sleep?

And yes, we shall one day enter heaven and see again all those loved ones who passed on before. I believe that includes our beloved pets.
Ecclesiastes 12:7
And the dust returns to the earth as it was, and the spirit returns to God who gave it.

Psalm 26:8 “O LORD, I love the habitation of your house and the place where your glory dwells.”
Psalm 27:4 “One thing have I asked of the LORD, that will I seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to inquire in his temple”

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said:

Actually, Jesus did not refute any such thing.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
So technically, we are going to heaven.
No; actually, God and therefore heaven comes down to the earth. Revelation 21:1-7
And yes, we shall one day enter heaven and see again all those loved ones who passed on before. I believe that includes our beloved pets.
This is a demonstration of wishful thinking.
Only those whose names are Written in the Book of Life, which will be opened after the Millennium, Revelation 20:11-15, will receive immortality. The rest of the people, incl animals, will be remembered no more. Isaiah 65:17

Reactions: WaterSong

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No; actually, God and therefore heaven comes down to the earth. Revelation 21:1-7
1 Kings 8:27
“But will God really dwell on the earth? Look! The heavens, yes, the heaven of the heavens, cannot contain you;b how much less, then, this house that I have built!"
Psalm 23:6 “And I shall dwell in the house of the LORD forever”

No, more like Biblical studies.
Only those whose names are Written in the Book of Life, which will be opened after the Millennium, Revelation 20:11-15, will receive immortality. The rest of the people, incl animals, will be remembered no more. Isaiah 65:17
I'm aware of those scriptures thank you. :)
What denomination are you member of?

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Actually, Jesus did not refute any such thing.
But He did, as I show in #2.
There is no scripture that says people can or will live in heaven.

The belief in a 'rapture to heaven' before any bad things happen, is a serious deception and leaves believers open to a huge disappointment when it does not happen.

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But He did, as I show in #2.
There is no scripture that says people can or will live in heaven.

The belief in a 'rapture to heaven' before any bad things happen, is a serious deception and leaves believers open to a huge disappointment when it does not happen.
Thank you for your opinion.
God Bless.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know the Bible very well. Where is the proof for your beliefs?
I've shared a few scriptures that show my beliefs.

I am a member of an Elim Church,
Which Elim church would that be? The Evangelical, the Tabernacle, the Pentecostal, what?
we do not hold to a 'rapture'.
That's unfortunate. While the word itself, Rapture, is not in scripture, the doctrine itself is.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you know that this verse, For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him, as well as others of course, such as Daniel 12:2, is what gives rise to the SDA~ Seventh Day Adventist, belief in soul sleep?

And the dust returns to the earth as it was, and the spirit returns to God who gave it.

Psalm 26:8 “O LORD, I love the habitation of your house and the place where your glory dwells.”
Psalm 27:4 “One thing have I asked of the LORD, that will I seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to inquire in his temple”
Amen to everything except animals...

14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

15 For without are dogs,...

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

No, the city comes down out of heaven...

2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, ....

Reactions: teamventure

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen to everything except animals...

14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

15 For without are dogs,...
Ah, and you believe that is why animals shall not enter heaven?
Are you aware that in the new testament Jesus referred to we Gentiles as dogs? Matthew 15:21-28
Judaism is rife with symbolism. Jesus ministry included parables from the old testament retold to further signify he was the Messiah of prophecy.
Biblical Spiritual Meaning of: Dogs-The reason why dogs signify those who render the good of faith unclean through falsifications, is that dogs eat unclean things, and also bark at men and bite them. From this also it was that the nations outside the church who were in falsities from evil, were called dogs by the Jews, and were accounted most vile...(continues)

Meanwhile, if we accept that all things that exist are of and from God, then this might be worthy of consideration.
Genesis 2:7
Then the Lord God formed the man of dust from the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living creature.

Reactions: Truther

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah, and you believe that is why animals shall not enter heaven?
Are you aware that in the new testament Jesus referred to we Gentiles as dogs? Matthew 15:21-28
Judaism is rife with symbolism. Jesus ministry included parables from the old testament retold to further signify he was the Messiah of prophecy.
Biblical Spiritual Meaning of: Dogs-The reason why dogs signify those who render the good of faith unclean through falsifications, is that dogs eat unclean things, and also bark at men and bite them. From this also it was that the nations outside the church who were in falsities from evil, were called dogs by the Jews, and were accounted most vile...(continues)

Meanwhile, if we accept that all things that exist are of and from God, then this might be worthy of consideration.
Genesis 2:7
Then the Lord God formed the man of dust from the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living creature.
So, do you think Pitbull's and Doberman's will be in heaven?

Reactions: WaterSong

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, do you think Pitbull's and Doberman's will be in heaven?
God made Doberman's and Pitbull's. They'll be first at the gate. Towering over the Pomeranian's, Chihuahua's, and Lhasa Apso. While goldfish will be strapped to the backs of camels. Gotta reduce the splashing in those bowls.

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Too much stupidity here for any further participation from me.
Matthew 5:22

But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother will be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother will be liable to the council; and whoever says, ‘You fool!’ will be liable to the hell of fire.

Reactions: Nancy

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God made Doberman's and Pitbull's. They'll be first at the gate. Towering over the Pomeranian's, Chihuahua's, and Lhasa Apso. While goldfish will be strapped to the backs of camels. Gotta reduce the splashing in those bowls.
LOL!!!

Reactions: Nancy and WaterSong

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
;) YAY! Someone else that gets my sense of humor. (HUGS) Or is that, Pugs? ;)
animated-smileys-laughing-033.gif
iu

Reactions: Nancy and Truther