Only 2 Comings by Lord Jesus, Not 3

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God's Word teaches that Lord Jesus comes 2 times to this earth. It was first written of in the Old Testament prophets...

Christ's 1st coming to die on the cross:
Zech 9:9
9 Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ass, and upon a colt the foal of an ass.

That was declared at Jesus' 1st coming per Matthew 21:1-9.

Christ's 2nd coming with Power to Rule over all:
Zech 9:10
10 And I will cut off the chariot from Ephraim, and the horse from Jerusalem, and the battle bow shall be cut off: and he shall speak peace unto the heathen: and his dominion shall be from sea even to sea, and from river even to the ends of the earth.
KJV

The events to pay attention to in this 10th verse are, the cutting off of the chariot and horse from Jerusalem which represents battle. And the battle bow being cut off, meaning the end of all that strife in the world. And His dominion rule from sea to sea, etc., which is put for Christ's future reign over all nations with "a rod of iron" (Revelation 12:5; Psalms 2).

That is also what The New Testament prophecies show about our Lord Jesus' 2 times of coming. His 1st coming was to be meek as the Lamb slain to offer us forgiveness of sins. And His 2nd coming, which is still future, will be to take over all the kingdoms of this world on the 7th Trumpet (Revelation 11:15).

If you'll notice, there is no 3rd coming written of. Only 2:

Heb 9:28
28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for Him shall He appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

KJV

Pre-tribulationalism wrongly teaches there are 3 comings by Christ. The 1st was His coming to die on the cross. The 2nd time, which they try to be sneaky and say it really isn't a 2nd time, is alleged to be prior to the "great tribulation" to gather the Church, originally what John Darby in 1830's Great Britain said was a "secret" coming. And then they teach the 2nd coming is after the tribulation returning with Jesus to do battle, which that actually is a 3rd one in their false teaching.

1st coming - Christ died on the cross for the remission of sins for those who believe.
2nd coming - to gather His Church and do battle, beginning His reign over all.

That's all that is written of in God's Word, just 2 times, just like the above Hebrews 9:28 says "the second time". The Pre-trib Rapture school can't even get that verse right, as they slice that verse up and only say, "unto them that look for Him", and leave off that "second time". Why would they do that?

They do it because they are preaching a false doctrine from men that is leaven 'added' to God's Word. Their pre-trib rapture idea simply is not written. So chop and slice Scripture is the order of their day.

Direct Scripture is available directly from our Lord Jesus as to the timing of His return to gather His Church. It is written in Matthew 24:29-31 and Mark 13:24-27 where He shows His return and gathering of the saints is AFTER... the tribulation. One cannot get any more straightforward than that.

God allows men's leaven false doctrines to deceive IF... the believer allows theirself to be deceived. It's no big mystery, as God allowed false ones to creep in among Israel to try His people with. He does this to test YOU, to see if you will listen to Him in His Word, or to men's doctrines.

Last edited:

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for the Post. second, not saying that you're right or wrong, and I do agree with most or the majority of what you said. but consider this.

2 coming, but a two fold "RETURN". follow me,
Foundation Sripture: John 14:2 & 3 "In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 "And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also."

Teaching Scripture: Hebrews 9:28 "So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation."

your Zechariah 9:9 you quoted is correct, as well as many more scrptures, "Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ass, and upon a colt the foal of an ass."

this scripture is on point, as well as this one just a little futher before, Genesis 49:11 "Binding his foal unto the vine, and his ass's colt unto the choice vine; he washed his garments in wine, and his clothes in the blood of grapes:" so yes, I agree with your assessment.

this first coming of the Lord, the ordinal Last, the Christ, happen when he came in flesh and blood as you said, but lets look at this closley and see another REVELATION. it is the "Comforter" who came, this is why I say 2 coming, but a two fold "RETURN". follow me,

this first coming of the Lord Jesus, the "comforter", is as we both said, is when he came in flesh and blood. and it was the comforter who is in that flesh and blood, scripture, Luke 2:25 "And, behold, there was a man in Jerusalem, whose name was Simeon; and the same man was just and devout, waiting for the consolation of Israel: and the Holy Ghost was upon him."
that word, "consolation" is the Greek word, G3874 παράκλησις paraklesis (pa-ra'-klee-sis) n.
1. an imploration, entreaty (urgent request (for mercy or help)).
2. an exhortation (urgent counsel, encouragement, or caution).
3. a comfort, solace.
[from G3870]
KJV: comfort, consolation, exhortation, intreaty

this is how the Holy Spirit got Blood, Acts 20:28 "Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood." Yes that's Jesus.

so now we have establish our Lord Jesus first Coming, now his return or second coming. as I said this second coming is a two fold, "RETURN". the First in Spirit, and and the Last, or second return is in Glorified flesh and bone, but no blood.

supportive scripture, John 14:16 "And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;"John 14:17 "Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you."John 14:18 "I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you."
the Lord Jesus being in flesh and blood, (Luke 2:25), was the first coming, and comforter. but now, he's in Manifestation as comforter, and he did come to them, in MANIFESTATION of the Spirit, in the Gifts that was poured out on the day of Pentecost. this is the First of this two fold return.

so his first return was in Spirit, not all eyes saw him, but in the second return... or coming, or his Parousia, every eye will see him, scripture, Revelation 1:7 "Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen."

and the reason why at this second coming or his Parousia, where every EYE will see him because he's returning in GLORIFIED FLESH, not in a manifestation as was on the day of Pentecost, but as they saw him in Luke 24:39 "Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.".

if you would like to discuss the intricate details of this two fold futher we can.

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
What people need to realize, is that many prophesies; those about the terrible Day of the Lord's fiery wrath, often say: the Lord comes in His fiery wrath, or similar. Like Isaiah 66:15 for instance.
But we know He does not actually 'come or appear' at that time, other prophesies about the Day, say: He will send fire...Amos 1, The Lord is in heaven raining down fire....Psalms 11:4-6 The Day comes, burning like a furnace... Malachi 4:1

This worldwide disaster by fire from the sun, Isaiah 30:26, Psalms 50:1-3, will be the Sixth Seal event, that will be triggered by an attack upon Israel by an Islamic confederation. Psalms 83.

When Jesus does Return in His glory, it is not in Judgment by fire, He will merely destroy the armies at Armageddon by the Sword of His Word. The carcasses are not burned up, as the wild birds and beasts can feast on them.

Reactions: Nancy

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and he shall speak peace unto the heathen:

questions:
and he shall speak peace unto the heathen.

he shall speak peace unto the heathen ...hasn’t He? Isn’t ‘he shall speak peace unto the heathen’ not the same as ‘he shall speak peace unto the gentiles? Galatians 1:16 To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:

Galatians 2:9 And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.

Galatians 3:8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

Last edited:

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
questions:

he shall speak peace unto the heathen ...hasn’t He? Isn’t ‘he shall speak peace unto the heathen’ not the same as ‘he shall speak peace unto the gentiles? Galatians 1:16 To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:

Didn't you read the whole verse to find out the 'when' of that? Yes, Jesus already brought us His Gospel, and it went out to the world through His disciples. All Christians know that. But we still have to pay attention to what the subject is in that verse, and it's specific timing.

Zech 9:10
10 And I will cut off the chariot from Ephraim, and the horse from Jerusalem, and the battle bow shall be cut off: and he shall speak peace unto the heathen: and his dominion shall be from sea even to sea, and from river even to the ends of the earth.
KJV

"cut off the chariot from Ephraim"
-- many don't understand God's Word about Ephraim for today. Ephraim represents the head of the lost ten tribes that was scattered among the Gentiles. Per Deuteronomy 33, Ephraim and Manasseh would represent a great power in the earth. In Psalms 60:7 God said Ephraim is "the strength of Mine head". That power given Ephraim is for this present world. In the world to come, it will be cut off. So have we reached that time yet? No. There's your first indicator of the 'when' for that Zechariah 9:10 verse. It is for after Jesus returns.

"and the horse from Jerusalem, and the battle bow shall be cut off" - that's a reference to the war horse and battle. In that time no more battles in Jerusalem. What's the big battle for Jerusalem that is to happen on the last day of this world when Jesus returns? Armageddon, per Rev.16, which is still future to us. So this battle bow being cut off from Jerusalem still has not happened yet today either. It is yet future.

"and he shall speak peace unto the heathen" -- this is about the time of Christ's future Millennium reign of Rev.20 when Satan will be locked up in his pit prison and not allowed to deceive the nations for a "thousand years". Those previous events above established this as the timing for this, being after Christ's future return. So pulling this phrase out by itself will not give the proper Bible timing of this Zechariah 9:10 verse.

"and his dominion shall be from sea even to sea, and from river even to the ends of the earth" -- this is even more weight that this verse is for after Christ's future return when He will reign upon His throne on earth LITERALLY over all nations with the "rod of iron" of Revelation 12:5 and Psalms 2.

THAT... is how one properly studies and understands their Bible.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for the Post. second, not saying that you're right or wrong, and I do agree with most or the majority of what you said. but consider this.

2 coming, but a two fold "RETURN". follow me,
Foundation Sripture: John 14:2 & 3 "In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 "And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also."

Determining more on that Message by our Lord Jesus comes from Old Testament study in God's prophets. We are shown in Ezekiel 40 through 47 about God's "house" for the world to come, and even shown where it will be located on earth in Ezekiel 47. The layout of that House is described in those Ezekiel chapters, including the chambers of Christ's priests for that time. That... is the "house" our Lord Jesus is referring to in John 14. At present that "house" is not here on earth, but it will come when Jesus returns. Often, very often, the greater detail of a truth in God's Word was written first in the Old Testament prophets. Shame on Churches that just bypass those prophets with thinking all that is old history. Peter said to be mindful of the prophets making that a New Testament doctrine (2 Peter 3:2).

Teaching Scripture: Hebrews 9:28 "So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation."

your Zechariah 9:9 you quoted is correct, as well as many more scrptures, "Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ass, and upon a colt the foal of an ass."

Yes, but just to make sure we're on the same level, the Zech.9:9 verse was for Christ's 1st coming to die on the cross. The Zech.9:10 verse is still yet future for His return to begin Psalms 2.

this scripture is on point, as well as this one just a little futher before, Genesis 49:11 "Binding his foal unto the vine, and his ass's colt unto the choice vine; he washed his garments in wine, and his clothes in the blood of grapes:" so yes, I agree with your assessment.

Also, let's make sure we get all of Genesis 49:10, as you didn't finish all of it, because the latter phrase speaks of Christ (as symbolic "Shiloh") coming to claim the throne of Judah, and to Him (Christ) will the gathering of the people be, which is about the gathering of Israel on the last day of this world. Afterall, Jacob was speaking to his 12 sons there in that chapter about the "latter days", and not to Gentiles. (The believing Gentiles are gathered on that last day too with them, but Pre-tribulationalism does not teach that.)

this first coming of the Lord, the ordinal Last, the Christ, happen when he came in flesh and blood as you said, but lets look at this closley and see another REVELATION. it is the "Comforter" who came, this is why I say 2 coming, but a two fold "RETURN". follow me,

this first coming of the Lord Jesus, the "comforter", is as we both said, is when he came in flesh and blood. and it was the comforter who is in that flesh and blood, scripture, Luke 2:25 "And, behold, there was a man in Jerusalem, whose name was Simeon; and the same man was just and devout, waiting for the consolation of Israel: and the Holy Ghost was upon him."
that word, "consolation" is the Greek word, G3874 παράκλησις paraklesis (pa-ra'-klee-sis) n.
1. an imploration, entreaty (urgent request (for mercy or help)).
2. an exhortation (urgent counsel, encouragement, or caution).
3. a comfort, solace.
[from G3870]
KJV: comfort, consolation, exhortation, intreaty

this is how the Holy Spirit got Blood, Acts 20:28 "Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood." Yes that's Jesus.

so now we have establish our Lord Jesus first Coming, now his return or second coming. as I said this second coming is a two fold, "RETURN". the First in Spirit, and and the Last, or second return is in Glorified flesh and bone, but no blood.

supportive scripture, John 14:16 "And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;"John 14:17 "Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you."John 14:18 "I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you."
the Lord Jesus being in flesh and blood, (Luke 2:25), was the first coming, and comforter. but now, he's in Manifestation as comforter, and he did come to them, in MANIFESTATION of the Spirit, in the Gifts that was poured out on the day of Pentecost. this is the First of this two fold return.

so his first return was in Spirit, not all eyes saw him, but in the second return... or coming, or his Parousia, every eye will see him, scripture, Revelation 1:7 "Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen."

and the reason why at this second coming or his Parousia, where every EYE will see him because he's returning in GLORIFIED FLESH, not in a manifestation as was on the day of Pentecost, but as they saw him in Luke 24:39 "Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.".

if you would like to discuss the intricate details of this two fold futher we can.

PICJAG

Your latter paragraphs are just an attempt to spiritualize many Bible truths away in order to serve man's Pre-tribulationalism doctrine. The reason why what you suggest cannot be is because it eliminates many Bible Scriptures that declare 'specific' events dealing with Christ's 2nd coming. The Zechariah 9:10 verse covered several of them. But the Matthew 24:29-31 and Mark 13:24-27 where Jesus declared the timing of His coming to gather His saints for after... the tribulation, which is an absolute certainty on the timing. One cannot go against that and say they are staying in God's Word about it.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
questions:

Galatians 2:9 And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.

Galatians 3:8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.
GINOLJC, to all
you are Correct,
Isaiah 66:10 "Rejoice ye with Jerusalem, and be glad with her, all ye that love her: rejoice for joy with her, all ye that mourn for her:" Isaiah 66:11 "That ye may suck, and be satisfied with the breasts of her consolations; that ye may milk out, and be delighted with the abundance of her glory." Isaiah 66:12 "For thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will extend peace to her like a river, and the glory of the Gentiles like a flowing stream: then shall ye suck, ye shall be borne upon her sides, and be dandled upon her knees." Isaiah 66:13 "As one whom his mother comforteth, so will I comfort you; and ye shall be comforted in Jerusalem." Isaiah 66:14 "And when ye see this, your heart shall rejoice, and your bones shall flourish like an herb: and the hand of the LORD shall be known toward his servants, and his indignation toward his enemies." Isaiah 66:15 "For, behold, the LORD will come with fire, and with his chariots like a whirlwind, to render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire." Isaiah 66:16 "For by fire and by his sword will the LORD plead with all flesh: and the slain of the LORD shall be many." Isaiah 66:17 "They that sanctify themselves, and purify themselves in the gardens behind one tree in the midst, eating swine's flesh, and the abomination, and the mouse, shall be consumed together, saith the LORD." Isaiah 66:18 "For I know their works and their thoughts: it shall come, that I will gather all nations and tongues; and they shall come, and see my glory." Isaiah 66:19 "And I will set a sign among them, and I will send those that escape of them unto the nations, to Tarshish, Pul, and Lud, that draw the bow, to Tubal, and Javan, to the isles afar off, that have not heard my fame, neither have seen my glory; and they shall declare my glory among the Gentiles." Isaiah 66:20 "And they shall bring all your brethren for an offering unto the LORD out of all nations upon horses, and in chariots, and in litters, and upon mules, and upon swift beasts, to my holy mountain Jerusalem, saith the LORD, as the children of Israel bring an offering in a clean vessel into the house of the LORD." Isaiah 66:21 "And I will also take of them for priests and for Levites, saith the LORD." Isaiah 66:22 "For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain." Isaiah 66:23 "And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD."

PICJAG

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your latter paragraphs are just an attempt to spiritualize many Bible truths away in order to serve man's Pre-tribulationalism doctrine. The reason why what you suggest cannot be is because it eliminates many Bible Scriptures that declare 'specific' events dealing with Christ's 2nd coming. The Zechariah 9:10 verse covered several of them. But the Matthew 24:29-31 and Mark 13:24-27 where Jesus declared the timing of His coming to gather His saints for after... the tribulation, which is an absolute certainty on the timing. One cannot go against that and say they are staying in God's Word about it.
Thanks for the reply, second, no it dose not, if you would read what I have posted it is exactly in tune with the word of God, but instead of auguring, please post scripture that refute what I have posted. that's all.

PICJAG

Bible_Gazer

Mar 7, 2014
Bloomington, Indiana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 3:21
Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.
Revelation 21:2-3
2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
Revelation 7:15-17
15 Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them.
16 They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat.
17 For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.

This seem like the 5th coming of Jesus to the Earth with his Father for a homestead at the end of the 1,000 years.

1st when he came in the flesh - start from here
2nd his wrath on Jerusalem and on who ever after
3rd when he come for the remainder of the bride
4th when he comes with wrath 7 vials
5th when come to Earth to live

:) just a few things to think about

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
God's Word teaches that Lord Jesus comes 2 times to this earth.
True. But in the Resurrection/Rapture Christ does NOT come to the earth. He comes "in the air" and returns back to Heaven.

Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. (1 Thess 4:17)

Please note that "caught up together" was translated as "rapiemur" in the Latin Vulgate, from which the word "rapture" has been derived. The Greek word is harpazo from which we get harpagesometha (will be caught away).

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply, second, no it dose not, if you would read what I have posted it is exactly in tune with the word of God, but instead of auguring, please post scripture that refute what I have posted. that's all.

PICJAG

That's still speculation like I pointed to, because the sending of The Holy Spirit Comforter was NOT... a coming of Christ Jesus. Like I said, Jesus' 1st coming was to die on the cross. His 2nd coming will be to take rule over all the earth and over all peoples, which of course has yet to happen today.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True. But in the Resurrection/Rapture Christ does NOT come to the earth. He comes "in the air" and returns back to Heaven.

Christ's destination is on earth, at Jerusalem, specifically upon the Mount of Olives where He ascended to Heaven from in sight of His disciples. The 'air' is only a transition marker, which is about His being taken up in a cloud. His return is to be likewise, return in a cloud. And that is when He gathers His Church. But Greek aer (KJV "air") can also have another meaning; it can mean 'breath', and point to our "spiritual body" those alive are changed to at the twinkling of an eye on the "last trump" like Paul taught in 1 Corinthians 15:51-52.

Zech 14:4-5
4 And His feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.

5 And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah: and the LORD my God shall come, and all the saints with Thee.
KJV

Acts 1:9-12
9 And when He had spoken these things, while they beheld, He was taken up; and a cloud received Him out of their sight.
KJV
10 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as He went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;
11 Which also said, "Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, Which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen Him go into heaven."

eturned they unto Jerusalem from the mount called Olivet, which is from Jerusalem a sabbath day's journey.
KJV

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, to all
you are Correct,
Isaiah 66:10 "Rejoice ye with Jerusalem, and be glad with her, all ye that love her: rejoice for joy with her, all ye that mourn for her:" Isaiah 66:11 "That ye may suck, and be satisfied with the breasts of her consolations; that ye may milk out, and be delighted with the abundance of her glory." Isaiah 66:12 "For thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will extend peace to her like a river, and the glory of the Gentiles like a flowing stream: then shall ye suck, ye shall be borne upon her sides, and be dandled upon her knees." Isaiah 66:13 "As one whom his mother comforteth, so will I comfort you; and ye shall be comforted in Jerusalem." Isaiah 66:14 "And when ye see this, your heart shall rejoice, and your bones shall flourish like an herb: and the hand of the LORD shall be known toward his servants, and his indignation toward his enemies." Isaiah 66:15 "For, behold, the LORD will come with fire, and with his chariots like a whirlwind, to render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire." Isaiah 66:16 "For by fire and by his sword will the LORD plead with all flesh: and the slain of the LORD shall be many." Isaiah 66:17 "They that sanctify themselves, and purify themselves in the gardens behind one tree in the midst, eating swine's flesh, and the abomination, and the mouse, shall be consumed together, saith the LORD." Isaiah 66:18 "For I know their works and their thoughts: it shall come, that I will gather all nations and tongues; and they shall come, and see my glory." Isaiah 66:19 "And I will set a sign among them, and I will send those that escape of them unto the nations, to Tarshish, Pul, and Lud, that draw the bow, to Tubal, and Javan, to the isles afar off, that have not heard my fame, neither have seen my glory; and they shall declare my glory among the Gentiles." Isaiah 66:20 "And they shall bring all your brethren for an offering unto the LORD out of all nations upon horses, and in chariots, and in litters, and upon mules, and upon swift beasts, to my holy mountain Jerusalem, saith the LORD, as the children of Israel bring an offering in a clean vessel into the house of the LORD." Isaiah 66:21 "And I will also take of them for priests and for Levites, saith the LORD." Isaiah 66:22 "For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain." Isaiah 66:23 "And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD."

PICJAG

And I say TO ALL BELIEVERS...

He is not... correct with his interpretation of the topic of speaking peace to the heathen in the Zechariah 9:10 verse, because that... verse is NOT about His 1st coming to die on the cross and offer The New Covenant. That verse is about Christ's FUTURE RETURN. That is when the REAL peace over all this earth will happen, and not before His return.

So it sounds like what you guys are 'trying' to do is suggest the false doctrine called Full Preterism which wrongly believes Jesus' 2nd coming already happened in His Apostles days as a 'spiritual' coming. But that idea is blatantly false, and against God's written Word.

So brethren, I'd be very careful about listening to folks on that false Full Preterist doctrine of men.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 3:21
Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.
Revelation 21:2-3
And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
Revelation 7:15-17
Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them.
16 They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat.
17 For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.

This seem like the 5th coming of Jesus to the Earth with his Father for a homestead at the end of the 1,000 years.

1st when he came in the flesh - start from here
2nd his wrath on Jerusalem and on who ever after
3rd when he come for the remainder of the bride
4th when he comes with wrath 7 vials
5th when come to Earth to live

:) just a few things to think about

That idea certainly is WILD and not aligned with Bible Scripture.

His wrath on Jerusalem in 70 A.D. by the Romans certainly was not His coming.
There is no such idea written that Jesus comes for a remainder of His bride, which suggests men's false doctrine of Left-Behind.
Jesus returns on the 7th Vial which is... on the FINAL DAY of this world, so adding yet another coming after that is just silly.

Reactions: Nancy

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's still speculation like I pointed to, because the sending of The Holy Spirit Comforter was NOT... a coming of Christ Jesus
first thanks for the reply, and second I must disagree with your assessment, and here's why, John 14:16 "And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;"
John 14:17 "Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you."
John 14:18 "I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you."

A. "I will come to "YOU" this is audience relevance. and to back this up, listen to what the Lord Jesus said again a few verse later, John 14:21 "He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him." you do know what, "manifest" mean, correct? now watch what Judas ask. John 14:22 "Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?" answer, John 14:23 "Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him."
abode here means to reside, or a place of residence, in Layman terms, "DWELLING" , and that dwelling is in us, the Holy Spirit. for Abode is the Greek word, G3438 μονή mone (mo-nee') adj.
a staying, i.e. residence (the act or the place).
[from G3306]
KJV: abode, mansion
Root(s): G3306

and this is what the INDWELLING of the Holy Ghost, which came on the Day of Pentecost. and his Manifestation was in the Spiritual Gifts. supportive scripture, 1 Corinthians 12:7 "But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal." BINGO, that's the Manifestation Judas asked about, and all these gifts are listed right after 1 Corinthians 12:7. proof positive. now,

B. now this "Comforter" will be with us for ever, correct, John 14:16 "And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;"
what did the Lord Jesus say, upon his resurrection? Matthew 28:18 "And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth."
Matthew 28:19 "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:"
Matthew 28:20 "Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen."

how long is he with us? until the end of this World/age, and forever, because when this world/age ends, he returns and we will be with him for erver... BINGO.

cain't get any clearer than that, we suggest you re-read this post again for clearity. and if you have any question, just ask.

PICJAG

Reactions: amadeus

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
first thanks for the reply, and second I must disagree with your assessment, and here's why, John 14:16 "And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;"....

You can disagree with me all you want, but not with the Bible Scripture which makes a clear distinction that there are 3 Persons in The Godhead, and it is Lord Jesus Christ only that will sit upon the throne of His father David at His return. So for what you suggest to be true, then you would have to prove that The Holy Spirit and NOT Jesus, is to sit upon that throne of David.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can disagree with me all you want, but not with the Bible Scripture which makes a clear distinction that there are 3 Persons in The Godhead, and it is Lord Jesus Christ only that will sit upon the throne of His father David at His return. So for what you suggest to be true, then you would have to prove that The Holy Spirit and NOT Jesus, is to sit upon that throne of David.
ERROR, the Lord Jesus is the Ordinal Last, and the Ordinal First. which I have proved before. you say the Lord Jesus, the Son is a separate and distinct person for the LORD, whom you calls Father. ok if that's true, then tell us who made "ALL THINGS". read John 1:3 and Isaiah 44:24 first before you answer.

PICJAG

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ERROR, the Lord Jesus is the Ordinal Last, and the Ordinal First. which I have proved before. you say the Lord Jesus, the Son is a separate and distinct person for the LORD, whom you calls Father. ok if that's true, then tell us who made "ALL THINGS". read John 1:3 and Isaiah 44:24 first before you answer.

PICJAG

Did The Father die on the cross for the remission of sins, per your view then?

Reactions: Wrangler

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

PICJAG

How do you interpret this?

Matt 22:42-45
42 Saying, What think ye of Christ? whose son is He? They say unto Him, "The Son of David."

43 He saith unto them, "How then doth David in spirit call him Lord, saying,

44 'The LORD said unto my Lord, 'Sit thou on My right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool?'

45 If David then call him Lord, how is He his son?
KJV

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did The Father die on the cross for the remission of sins, per your view then?
HIS OWN "ARM" DID, supportive scripture, Isaiah 63:5 "And I looked, and there was none to help; and I wondered that there was none to uphold: therefore mine own arm brought salvation unto me; and my fury, it upheld me."

now Davy, is your "OWN" ARM a seperate enity from YOU.... :p YIKES!

Now what about that John 1:3 and Isaiah 44:24, as to who, "MADE ALL THINGS". that will answer your question, AGAIN....

PICJAG