Only God alone is GOOD / workin his GOOD through you

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

excepttruth

Nov 25, 2008
"No one is good except God alone." (Mark 10: 18b) Even though mankind can do good things it does not make him good. God even declares that all that we do is like filthy ragges to Him. Even the good things. Jesus in (Mark 10: 18) was not refuting the rich young man, for calling him (Jesus) GOOD. Jesus was telling the young man that if he was going to call Jesus GOOD he had to ackknowledge the He (Jesus) was God. GOOD teacher, and GOOD Shepherd. Anyone can call anyone good as the one who called Jesus Good teacher. However, Jesus went on to let us know that the only one that is truly GOOD was God alone. If this statement that Jesus made IS TRUE, He would not have made the statement of being GOOD. For only the Father (God) alone is truly GOOD. For Jesus cannot lie, just as the Father and the Holy Spirit cannot lie. For God cannot lie. For Jesus said. God ALONE is GOOD. There is no other one that is. No one can claim that unless they claim to be God. Therefore, Jesus knowing who He was, had to tell the truth, for that is why He came. To to speak the truth, therefore Jesus stated that He is GOOD. Thus, in doing so, claimed to be God. The leaders of that day understood what Jesus was claiming of Himself. They understood the words "I and the Father are one" To them Jesus was just a mere man claiming to be God. Jesus was speaking blasphmey under the Law of God. (John10 :30-33) Jesus said that Moses wrote about Him. (John 5: 46) Yet the name of Jesus was never written by Moses. For this truth was a hidden mystery. Until the Time was at hand for the Name to be revealed. Jesus with out clearly saying I am God, was bringing out a truth, revealing a mystery hidden from ages past, just like the Name of Jesus was. By making statements that would refure Him to be God. Hiding it from those who did not beleive this, such as the Leaders of that day. They had read the bookes of Moses many of times, and their argument could be made and stand as truth, that Moses never ever, spoke of Jesus in his writings. However, Jesus makes the statement that it was the writings of Moses that spoke of Him. Therefore, I AGAIN will side on the words of Jesus's claim of being GOOD. Thus claiming to be GOD. Conclution:So how does one who is saved do things the are Good in the standered that equals Gods good? I beleive the only way to do good that is equal to God, is to allow the goodness of God to work through you. This is what we will be judged on, as Christians. This good works that will be tested by fire but will not burn can only come from God. Any thing out side of Gods good will burn. (1Corinth. 3: 11-15) This Good Works (Foundation) was already laid down by Jesus the Christ. Thus, Jesus could make this claim of being GOOD. "I AM the GOOD shephered. The GOOD shepherd lays down his life for the sheep." (John 10: 11) In (John 21: 15- 17) This foundation of the GOOD shepherd was past on. "Simon son of John, do you love me more than these? (Peter replies yes to the question) Then Jesus said, "FEED MY LAMBS." Each time Peter said yes, Jesus tells him to feed, take care, of His sheep. This was not just a command to Peter but to all of us. We must allow the GOOD shepherd that is in us do his work to them that He loves. This is the GOOD of God that He lets us be apart of His Goodness. We are just a conduit that the Holy Spirit working through us that builds on the foundation that Jesus already layed. This building on the Foundation is the fruit that expresses the GOOD of God. Therefore, as we grow in the knowledge of His Goodness we begin to grow into the maturity of His GOODNESS. For this completness of maturity is our Hope, and once abtained at the end. WE then will see the Good of God in all His glory. For only God can glorify his GOOD by His GOODNES, as he did through His Son and is now doing through us. Thus, we are able to fulfill the first and second comands Jesus gave us to live by. The love according to the GOOD LOVE that Jesus did for us. Therefore, GOD is the only GOOD. The great thing about this GOODNESS of God is that He gives us our rewards at the end by what He did through us, not by what we think our goodness is. HOW GOOD IS GOD towards us that except His loving Goodness? Who can calculated this measurement of this infinity of goodness and love? Not I. May God bless us all with His loving Goodness. Exceptruth

lastsecman

Nov 8, 2006
Thought when Lord Jesus Christ said that He is referring to His Father being much better than Himself, because His Father is His Head, and He is only His Son.Scripture: 'The Son can do nothing without the Father. Just as you can do nothing without me.'

excepttruth

Nov 25, 2008
Sorry I have been out of town.Jesus is God and God is in us. Thus all things done for His glory are done by Him.