Opened the windows of Heaven and poured out the gift of His Spirit

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What a hope in Malachi 3:10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.

saith the Lord of hosts, “I will open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing...” makes me think of Acts 2:17 “And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit (Blessing) upon all flesh:...”

Regardless of whether we all agree there on those passages ...did He not do what He promised them He would do? In He opened the windows of Heaven and poured out a Blessing? Acts 10:44-45 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Spirit fell on all them which heard the word. [45] And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift (Blessing)of the Holy Spirit.

Consider such a blessing “I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.” ...that shall not be enough room to receive it.

Mark 2:1-5 And again he entered into
Capernaum after some days; and it was noised that he was in the house. [2] And straightway many were gathered together, insomuch that there was no room to receive them, no, not so much as about the door: and he preached the word unto them. [3] And they come unto him, bringing one sick of the palsy, which was borne of four. [4] And when they could not come nigh unto him for the press, they uncovered the roof where he was: and when they had broken it up, they let down the bed wherein the sick of the palsy lay. [5] When Jesus saw their faith, he said unto the sick of the palsy, Son, thy sins be forgiven thee.

insomuch that there was no room to receive them, no, not so much as about the door:
...when they could not come nigh unto him for the press, ...the uncovered the roof and when they had broken it up ...that man who was sick and in need of a physician they lowered down, determined to get this one sick and in need of a physician near unto Him! John 10:7-10 Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep. [8] All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them. [9] I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture. [10] The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

John 14:1-3 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. [2] In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. [3] And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“...prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.”

“...if I will not open the windows of Heaven, and pour you out a blessing...” consider the “and many were added unto God that day.” Consider the blessing of the pouring out of the gift of the Holy Spirit and the increase unto God.
1 Corinthians 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

consider Acts 10:44-45 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Spirit fell on all them which heard the word. [45] And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift (blessing) of the Holy Spirit.

consider if you were in a gathering of “christians” and “atheist” and the Holy Spirit fell on all which heard the word, and those which believed were astonished because that on the atheist alike was poured out the gift of the Holy Spirit ...and many were added unto God that day.

just thinking out loud ...would it then immediately afterward turn into a debate? If that were to happen at a gathering ...when “Christians” sing aloud “Holy Spirit won’t you come and fall on us” what do we mean?

Acts 11:15-17 And as I began to speak, the Holy Spirit fell on them, as on us at the beginning. [16] Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit. [17] Forasmuch then as God gave them the like gift as he did unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ(were astonished); what was I, that I could withstand God?

Colossians 3:10-11 And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him: [11] Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.

Galatians 3:27-28 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. [28] There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

struggle with my words but primarily so thankful the gift of the Holy Spirit poured out on male and female alike...for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 9:12-13 But when Jesus heard that, he said unto them, They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick. [13] But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

Again struggle to say why the passage of the gift of the Holy Spirit poured out on gentiles, and those of the circumcision who believed were astonished...when the gift of the Spirit fell on the gentiles. Mostly it matters because God had told them He would give the increase and multiply and add unto Him many ...gentiles, females, both bond and free. The gift of the Holy Spirit not only for the righteous but for sinners. The gift not only for the chosen but alike for the despised, the poor, the outcast, the rejected, the foolish things of this world to confound the wise held captive by their own conceit.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
consider if you were in a gathering of “christians” and “atheist” and the Holy Spirit fell on all which heard the word, and those which believed were astonished because that on the atheist alike was poured out the gift of the Holy Spirit ...and many were added unto God that day.

just thinking out loud ...would it then immediately afterward turn into a debate? If that were to happen at a gathering ...when “Christians” sing aloud “Holy Spirit won’t you come and fall on us” what do we mean?
Consider that at the first Samuel anointed Saul as King of Israel in order to change the man the Spirit of the Lord came upon him... and he was changed:

"And the spirit of the LORD will come upon thee, and thou shalt prophesy with them, and shalt be turned into another man.
And let it be, when these signs are come unto thee, that thou do as occasion serve thee; for God is with thee." I Sam 10:6-7

But then I guess that Saul got too used to his position and power and...

"For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the word of the LORD, he hath also rejected thee from being king." I Sam 15:23

"And the LORD said unto Samuel, How long wilt thou mourn for Saul, seeing I have rejected him from reigning over Israel? fill thine horn with oil, and go, I will send thee to Jesse the Bethlehemite: for I have provided me a king among his sons." I Sam 16:1

Rejected and replaced... and the prophet Samuel was admonished for continuing to mourn for the man... How then is it that we see Saul again with the Spirit of God coming upon yet again after that rejection and the once rejected man prophesying?

"And when it was told Saul, he sent other messengers, and they prophesied likewise. And Saul sent messengers again the third time, and they prophesied also.
Then went he also to Ramah, and came to a great well that is in Sechu: and he asked and said, Where are Samuel and David? And one said, Behold, they be at Naioth in Ramah.
And he went thither to Naioth in Ramah: and the spirit of God was upon him also, and he went on, and prophesied, until he came to Naioth in Ramah.
And he stripped off his clothes also, and prophesied before Samuel in like manner, and lay down naked all that day and all that night. Wherefore they say, Is Saul also among the prophets?" I Sam 19:21-24

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 9:12-13 But when Jesus heard that, he said unto them, They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick. [13] But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

Again struggle to say why the passage of the gift of the Holy Spirit poured out on gentiles, and those of the circumcision who believed were astonished...when the gift of the Spirit fell on the gentiles. Mostly it matters because God had told them He would give the increase and multiply and add unto Him many ...gentiles, females, both bond and free. The gift of the Holy Spirit not only for the righteous but for sinners. The gift not only for the chosen but alike for the despised, the poor, the outcast, the rejected, the foolish things of this world to confound the wise held captive by their own conceit.
And was the purpose to the Holy Ghost to be for all of us?

"But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth." Acts 1:8