Opening Letters - Contextual reasoning

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello to you, there are many people today who believe that the Bible was indeed written for them today. There is something wrong with this approach as it takes away contextual reasoning by addressing things in misappropriation.

Many people may not like me saying this, but however it is true in todays age, with how many 'Christian' movements out there that have been made which are myriads.

All of them on different spectrums, and with use of the Bible. Some even placing demands on their congregations leading to more burdensome problems for those who may have been deceived having believed what a person has said compared to the Bible itself.

Today, I would like to present you a contextual reasoning of why the the Apostolic record was not written for us, by the use of Paul's Letters. When it comes to the Gospel of Matthew, Mark, Luke, John please understand that I personally just like every thing that is presented here, was to me (in my understanding), all written before the destruction of Jerusalem in 70Ad.

Rom 1:1 Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, a called apostle, having been separated to the good news of God,
Rom 1:7 to all who are in Rome, beloved of God, called holy ones; Grace to you, and peace, from God our Father, and [from] the Lord Jesus Christ!
Now first let me say, that I believe the Bible is one of the most useful tools on the planet to learn about God, Jesus, and the history of mankind with God. When you read these passages above, you see that Paul is writing, and you see in verse 7 how He is writing to the people at Rome. Most scholars agree that Paul wrote this letter while he was at Corinth, in 57Ad. Did you know that? This gives us a place and time, as to when it was written to an audience who was know as being called the holy ones. Does this mean Paul wrote to Americans, who are in Rome, and are called holy ones? No. It was written to people in that day in age specifically and if you read the book you learn it's context and what it pertains to. (As a Christian believer in Christ, you are however still loved by God: This is just to get you thinking about the dating).

1Co 1:1 Paul, a called apostle of Jesus Christ, through the will of God, and Sosthenes the brother,

1Co 1:2 to the Assembly of God that is in Corinth, to those sanctified in Christ Jesus, called holy ones, with all those calling on the Name of our Lord Jesus Christ in every place—both theirs and ours:

1Co 1:3 Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ!
Here we have another introduction to a new letter, this letter is to the Corinthians. It was written in A.D 56, and Paul is the author. Is he writing to Americans, British, Australia, in this context? No. He is indeed writing to the Assembly of God that is Corinth, who are called Holy ones. This should make you think and question about the audience back then and how they are important to the Bible narrative itself. Is it important ? I believe it is very important to stay in context when reading the Bible so you do not veer off track.

2Co 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ, through the will of God, and Timotheus the brother, to the Assembly of God that is in Corinth, with all the holy ones who are in all Achaia:
This second letter was written sometime after the first letter in 56 Ad, to those who are in Corinth, with all the holy ones who are part in all Achaia, to me all of these holy ones, are part of the bride of Christ, that Jesus would come back to return and get for being faithful, in waiting for his return. Most people just side step that for their own agenda and what they believe the narrative should be and have an effect of the areas of when they are only using bits and pieces of scriptures. (Just depends on if it would like up by the Holy Spirit or not you can get away with using segment of single passages).

Gal 1:1 Paul, an apostle—not from men, nor through man, but through Jesus Christ, and God the Father, who raised Him out of the dead—

Gal 1:2 and all the brothers with me, to the assemblies of Galatia:​

Are you starting to see the approach here that is presented? Paul is the author of this Letter to Galatians, and it doesn't say, to Americans, or to Austria, or to England. He is writing a message to the people there in Galatia. There is a debate on when it was written and the dating is between 48 Ad - 52/53 Ad - 56 Ad. And that is up for you to do decide, but I hope you are getting to see the picture of the importance of contextual reasoning, that concludes this post.

Thank you for a moment of your time, and hopefully it is helpful to you,
God bless you and your families out there,
Be encouraged to read your bibles, and to continue have faith and trust in Jesus who came, died, buried, and was risen again.

In Christ,
Matthew Gallagher

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My message to all that has breath .
Stay well dug in those bibles and keep learning them well .
For we have a harlot that sits on high and cries unto the world and her religoins
and is doing now all to merge them as one under that is known as inclusvism . Now it is a false gospel
and we cannot partake of her table of unity . We must learn the bible well and test all men who do speak .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Marvelloustime

Sep 15, 2020
Heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
My message to all that has breath .
Stay well dug in those bibles and keep learning them well .
For we have a harlot that sits on high and cries unto the world and her religoins
and is doing now all to merge them as one under that is known as inclusvism . Now it is a false gospel
and we cannot partake of her table of unity . We must learn the bible well and test all men who do speak .
I’ve just climbed up onto the same gospel hill as brother to say that I agree with brother. We need to diligently stay in the KJV Bibles. Stay away from the false all inclusive and cling to the biblical LORD JESUS.

Reactions: amigo de christo

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello to you Amigo, and Marvel,

The Gospel of Christ is important. It is good to encourage others to read the Bible, and also even study it. From what Jesus said in the Gospel: Eternal life is in knowing the true and living God, and the one whom he had sent. Test all things and hold on to what is good.

Thank you for commenting,
Love to you as brother and sister,
In Christ,
Matthew Gallagher

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The reason that things need to be stated like so, and introduced when producing a bible study lesson is to get a grip on the atmosphere in which the Apostles had went through. They did go through a lot, and they were encouraging those who were all out in different areas of the only known nations, and world in which they had lived in. They were going and encouraging people then there in that time, to continue to stay in faith. Even going deeper into refined revelation in which one can learn about how the Holy Spirit works in ones life, and the things about how the old law is nulled out yet still holy just reminds us that we need a savior.

The whole of context of that day in age, is so important, and it progressed worse and worse for the nation of Israel who worshiped idols, and did turn away from the true and living God. They had God's only son slain on the cross... the wrath of God was for them in that day.

However many will say that the Wrath of God is coming upon ALL PEOPLE who Sin... We all sin, even Christians. All people fall short of the glory of God. The only way to be made right with God is to believe on the one whom is righteous that is Jesus Christ.

Keep faith, and be encouraged to think about these things. I believe they are important. Others may or may not. You have to decide if it is important for you or not.

In Christ,
Matthew Gallagher