opossum babies

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

betchevy

Jan 7, 2007
My two dogs are great hunters and have killed a couple of skunks and several opossums this late winter season, which is early sping in S. Texas. The last opossum was a mom with 6 little babies in her pouch...They were alive when I found her in the yard. So of course I gathered them up an brought them in an began to warm them against my chest as I looked on the net to find out what to do for them. Praise Father there were people who posted their numbers for you to call them for help and I did. I gathered the supplies needed to keep this 4 inch long almost hairless babies alive. I set the clock for every two hours and fed them a combination of vitimins, yogurt, applejuice and calcium out of an ear syringe the last few days. One by one they began to turn away from the food offered and as I began the next feeding they were the ones who were gone , stiff and cold given up to death. The fiestiest ones , the one who hissed a sneeze at you and squirmed the most were the one that lasted the longest. I am down to one and I must tell you my heart has broken for each one of them who as left me. I have now added a shot of lactated ringers under the skin of this rowdy little guy who's left to keep him from drying out. I had to get some from my vets and on the way I realized how God must feel about us ...the same way I feel about these little possums. I am sure that when He sees us turn away from His Word the life giving nutrition we need He says to Himself uh.oh this one is liable to die. I know the tears He must shed at that realization and the things he will do to make us wake up get excited for the Word and live. The ringers(water) under the folds of skin give moisture to keep the body functioning and get the possums feeling that they want to take in the nurishing food offered. The Holy Spirit is that water God sends us to draw us to the Word and make us desire to devour the pages that will give us life. The mortal soul is one that is liable to die and until the wedding feast of the Lamb we all have mortal souls... many of us will have those mortal souls into millenium....When the Savior Yashua will be there still available for salvation but who is he exactly, Yah (God)'s Shua (Salvation) John 1:1-4 HE is the WORD.. If we love God we will partake of the food God has for us to nourish our spiritual bodies and that is to digest the Word, to know it fully to be so thoroughly filled with it that our souls will never die. You cannot just say it with your mouth, you must take it in and understand all of it and use it for your life.These little guys have no way of getting rid of the waste in their bodies, I must take a paper towel and dampen it and rub it over their nether regions like a mothers tongue would to make them get the toxens out that could kill them.Sometimes God has to get a little rough with us . Shake up our lives in orderfor us to look and see what is there we may be needing to get rid of before it kills our souls... bigotry, anger, not loving ourselves enough, loving ourselves too much, not loving others enough to say, I 'm sorry, I love you ..holding on to unforgiveness...or relationships that are poisoning us, in other word sin against ourselve and others.This last little guy may not make it... the odds are against him. Did you know the odds are against us also? Broad is the path to destuction and narrow is the way to Truth ( I think someone I love and miss told us that recently)For God's sake Nourish yourselves with the Word.....Ask God for the Holy Spirit to renew youRemove the poison things from your lifeLIVE....because if you don't try you are breaking His heart... He is crying tears everyday for you... His whole being is desiring for you to live and that is what He is doing with His time every second, every minute, every hour, willing you to eternal life. Don't let Him down....

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Your post made me smile how you turned your baby opossums experienceinto a great little lesson on the nature of God. I loved it. Remined me of the kind of things I used to tell my kids:)thanks Bet