Oranges!!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For those of you who don't know, I'm nomadic, and I don't have a "normal" home. But I live alright for the way that it is, and I have a wonderful community of people around me and we all help out each other the best we can.

I had been planning on making the kids and I a better breakfast, so I went and I got some grits, sausage, and eggs, breakfast essential mix (for them). Wanted to do something for Vitamin C for the kids, but I don't remember what happened but I didn't do it. Was a little irritated that there was no Vitamin C for them, but let it go.

Well, the store sent me more bread from the bakery than I had asked for. Way too much! I wouldn't have been able to use all of them before they molded. So I sent a couple over to one neighbor and then I left another couple at a different neighbor's door and with a note explaining and saying thank you for everything. (This is normal and how our neighborly friendship works. Nothing out of the ordinary.)

Guess what I woke up to on my doorstep this morning!

Fresh little oranges for the kids! Praise the Lord! He always does things like that for me and it makes me smile. Nobody knew what I needed... I don't go around telling people, but God did!

Things like that happen every once in a while and I love it when it happens.

Thank you, Jesus!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For those of you who don't know, I'm nomadic, and I don't have a "normal" home. But I live alright for the way that it is, and I have a wonderful community of people around me and we all help out each other the best we can.

I had been planning on making the kids and I a better breakfast, so I went and I got some grits, sausage, and eggs, breakfast essential mix (for them). Wanted to do something for Vitamin C for the kids, but I don't remember what happened but I didn't do it. Was a little irritated that there was no Vitamin C for them, but let it go.

Well, the store sent me more bread from the bakery than I had asked for. Way too much! I wouldn't have been able to use all of them before they molded. So I sent a couple over to one neighbor and then I left another couple at a different neighbor's door and with a note explaining and saying thank you for everything. (This is normal and how our neighborly friendship works. Nothing out of the ordinary.)

Fresh little oranges for the kids! Praise the Lord! He always does things like that for me and it makes me smile. Nobody knew what I needed... I don't go around telling people, but God did!

Thank you, Jesus!
Doesn't it feel so good to be loved by God? He really has a way of signing His Name so we KNOW it's Him!

Much love!

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Doesn't it feel so good to be loved by God? He really has a way of signing His Name so we KNOW it's Him!

Much love!
Yes he does! :D I love it. Usually I plan way ahead, but there's been a few times where I've run out of something unexpectedly and didn't know how I was going to make it. A couple of weeks ago, it was kitty litter. Was trying to figure out what to do for the next few days, prayed for God's help, and right there 1/2 bag full of litter was right at my door. That never happened before and I am so thankful for it!!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes he does! :D I love it. Usually I plan way ahead, but there's been a few times where I've run out of something unexpectedly and didn't know how I was going to make it. A couple of weeks ago, it was kitty litter. Was trying to figure out what to do for the next few days, prayed for God's help, and right there 1/2 bag full of litter was right at my door. That never happened before and I am so thankful for it!!
Have you heard of this guy?

George Muller

"The children are dressed and ready for school. But there is no food for them to eat," the housemother of the orphanage informed George Mueller. George asked her to take the 300 children into the dining room and have them sit at the tables. He thanked God for the food and waited. George knew God would provide food for the children as he always did. Within minutes, a baker knocked on the door. "Mr. Mueller," he said, "last night I could not sleep. Somehow I knew that you would need bread this morning. I got up and baked three batches for you. I will bring it in."

Soon, there was another knock at the door. It was the milkman. His cart had broken down in front of the orphanage. The milk would spoil by the time the wheel was fixed . . ."

Much love!

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

George Muller

"The children are dressed and ready for school. But there is no food for them to eat," the housemother of the orphanage informed George Mueller. George asked her to take the 300 children into the dining room and have them sit at the tables. He thanked God for the food and waited. George knew God would provide food for the children as he always did. Within minutes, a baker knocked on the door. "Mr. Mueller," he said, "last night I could not sleep. Somehow I knew that you would need bread this morning. I got up and baked three batches for you. I will bring it in."

Soon, there was another knock at the door. It was the milkman. His cart had broken down in front of the orphanage. The milk would spoil by the time the wheel was fixed . . ."

Much love!
The name seems really familiar, but I never heard the story! I love the story! It's so beautiful! :D

Reactions: dev553344 and marks

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
These are wonderfull stories and thank God he cares for us but I often wonder how I would fare in my feelings towards God if I ended up like Joseph in an Egyptian prison for years or John Bunyan, also imprisoned for his faith let alone being fed to lions or burnt as torches? I pray I would be strengthened in both the good and the bad times.

Reactions: dev553344

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

George Muller

Much love!
I often think about George Mueller. I enjoyed reading the book but can't remember what it was called.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

I just love hearing about God's provision.
When Ray was out of work we had very little money we would sometimes find bags of food on our doorstep.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I had a little experience of the closeness of God on Monday. I woke with a dream that felt like everything was falling apart. And then the word 'lynchpin' was in my mind. I kept saying 'Jesus is the lynchpin' that holds my life together. He is at the centre. I was amazed and blessed when in my daily reading Colossians 1:17 says " He is before all things, and in him all things hold together." One of those moments that you know it's God saying something to you and then confirming it.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
These are wonderfull stories and thank God he cares for us but I often wonder how I would fare in my feelings towards God if I ended up like Joseph in an Egyptian prison for years or John Bunyan, also imprisoned for his faith let alone being fed to lions or burnt as torches? I pray I would be strengthened in both the good and the bad times.

Your question reminds me of one of the stories I remember learning in school:

John Huss, the Bohemian reformer, was burned at the stake in 1415. Before his accusers lit the fire, they placed on his head a crown of paper with painted devils on it. He answered this mockery by saying, “My Lord, Jesus Christ, for my sake, wore a crown of thorns; why should not I then, for His sake, wear this light crown, be it ever so ignominious? Truly I will do it willingly.”

After the wood was stacked up to Huss’ neck, the Duke of Bavaria asked him to renounce his preaching. Trusting completely in God’s Word, Huss replied, “In the truth of the gospel which I preached, I die willingly and joyfully today.” The wood was ignited, and Huss died while singing, “Jesus Christ, the Son of the living God, have mercy on me.” - P.R.V.
Died Singing | Bible.org

I don't think God goes without putting us through trials and preparing us first. Joseph's being in prison led to him being prince. Imagine having a dream about everyone bowing down to you and then all of a sudden you're stuck in prison instead. Joseph's dream wasn't false, he just had the trial. He had to wait a long time. The Pilgrim's Progress was written in the 1600s and is still used today. The Lord gives us strength in desperate times.

Last edited:

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had a little experience of the closeness of God on Monday. I woke with a dream that felt like everything was falling apart. And then the word 'lynchpin' was in my mind. I kept saying 'Jesus is the lynchpin' that holds my life together. He is at the centre. I was amazed and blessed when in my daily reading Colossians 1:17 says " He is before all things, and in him all things hold together." One of those moments that you know it's God saying something to you and then confirming it.

Aw! I love it when things like that happen. So sweet.

Holding back the tears just a little :D

Reactions: marks and Pearl

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Aw! I love it when things like that happen. So sweet.

Holding back the tears just a little :D
It's not always or just the 'big' things is it? God is in the little things too, those little moments like that and like your oranges. And those are the really special times when you know deep down in your spirit that he cares.

Reactions: marks

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's not always or just the 'big' things is it? God is in the little things too, those little moments like that and like your oranges. And those are the really special times when you know deep down in your spirit that he cares.
Definitely!

I am thankful for all of the little things. Sometimes I get worried and I start having episodes where I think "Why did God lead me to fall into a big hole? What was the point of doing this to me?" and everything seems like a disaster, but the little oranges and the cat litter, and things showing up that I needed but didn't ask for, they are all things that feel like a little nudge where God saying, "Look at how I took care of that! I'm still here."

I love that he even cares about the little things and multiple times he has prepared me in advanced with things I didn't even know I would need.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

In Romans 5, affliction produces endurance, which produces experience, which produces hope, which does not disappoint.

Peter wrote that the testing of our faith proves it, that is, shows it to be genuine.

If you are a true child of God, these things push us closer to Him.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I often think about George Mueller. I enjoyed reading the book but can't remember what it was called.
Maybe one of these?

• Suggested reading:
    • The Bandit of Ashley Downs: George Mueller by Dave & Neta Jackson (Trailblazer Books, Bethany House)
    • George Mueller by Basil Miller (Men of Faith series, Bethany House)
    • George Mueller: Man of Faith by Bonnie Harvey (Heroes of the Faith series, Barbour)

Much love!

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
for me it is always a race to get oranges in time for Christmas.

Florida oranges are always the best...The bulk of them go into juice but a fair number goes for tables. And it is those that I am always wanting...because I make candied orange peels for Christmas candies...and zest for other things. It was difficult to get them in time this year.

Florida oranges require a license to pick for resale/wholesale. California oranges do not. I have had numerous bad oranges from CA.
There was a good number of oranges coming from South Africa this year...They usually go to Germany/Deutschland.

I'm just picky...but I usually don't hear complaints.

Tone

Dec 24, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm nomadic, and I don't have a "normal" home

Hmmmm, this reminds me of one of my sayings, "I'm not homeless, I'm houseless...I'm home wherever I may roam."

I was just telling my boss the other day (when he was speaking about the houseless community) that there are people with houses...that are homeless...

Anyways, I'm not saying that you are houseless or homeless and I know that you didn't say this either, but this is what your post sparked for me.

I've been "homeless" off and on for a while--I count my prison time (11 years) too. And I know the provision that you are rightfully praising Him for. He really is our Provider!

Of course I'm thankful for currently having a roof over my head and I wouldn't mind having a slice of land someday, but I also have this strong desire to hit the road in one of those big ole cargo vans that you can stand up in. I have this faint picture of doing just that when I get off parole...making a circuit from Cali. towards the deep south and then maybe swinging around to N.Y. to see some family there...and then cutting back to eventually hit Montana...

You know, also treating the journey as a ministry of sorts...seeing what aid I can offer to the parts I travel through. I know Louisiana was hit by multiple storms (floods?) and some of the other states around there and then there is a lot happening even now with this freeze. So, there is a lot to restore.

I guess I've been cooped up for so long that I have a bad case of cabin fever, ha ha.

Any who, thanks for sharing your good news sister, and may His blessings continue to abound to you and your family!

Shalom.

Reactions: DuckieLady

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Thank you, Jesus!

Awesome!