Oregon is on Fire

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pray for the people and animals losing their homes. My house city is surrounded by wildfires on three sides. Right now, it looks like we our not it immediate danger, but that could change - our car is packed.

R

Rita

Is this the fire that was started by a baby gender reveal ?
Or are there other fires ? Rita

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That fire is in my neck of the woods! I'm far enough away, but our sky is dark, the sun red, and ashes are falling.

Much love!

Reactions: Nancy
R

Rita

That fire is in my neck of the woods! I'm far enough away, but our sky is dark, the sun red, and ashes are falling.

Much love!
thanks marks- the USA is just so big and I don’t always understand the distance between places. ( well the UK is just so small in comparison ! ) Sure hope all the fires get sorted xxxx
Rita

Reactions: marks

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Seriously?! Unless Thor had a baby, the once in a generation fires were started by not raking our forests and liberal black masses

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think fire is fire, for most people losing their homes

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for the prayers, everyone - so far we have literally lost at least three small towns entirely

Reactions: Prayer Warrior
R

Rita

Seriously?! Unless Thor had a baby, the once in a generation fires were started by not raking our forests and liberal black masses
Sorry aspen, but it was reported on our news that a baby reveal party , using fireworks , had started a massive fire in the USA , which spread.
Rita

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for the prayers, everyone - so far we have literally lost at least three small towns entirely
This is so sad! I've never faced wildfires, but I went through some big hurricanes in my hometown. One of them tore up my town, but we survived and rebuilt. What can people do when their entire town that represents the lives of generations of people is burned to the ground? So much is lost.

I will keep praying for you and all those be affected by these fires.

Last edited:

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pray for the people and animals losing their homes. My house city is surrounded by wildfires on three sides. Right now, it looks like we our not it immediate danger, but that could change - our car is packed.
Praying for you.
When I was a child, living in Napa Valley, I remember sitting on the front porch with my mom watching the red glow above the hill wondering if we would survive the night. The fire didn't reach the house.
The next morning my mom and I had an unspoken bond; we grew closer that night.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This time of year is always bad in California...they have 4 types of terrain.
Desert, mountain forest, rolling, grassy hills and beach.

They get ample rain in the mild winter and spring but almost none in the summer. So every year there's a ton of dry grass that gets burnt up.

Every year the place gets tons of wildfires.

Don't forget about the earthquakes either...lots of them but usually small. Just like New Zealand gets.

And where the smog/air pollution has gotten better over the years from more fuel efficient vehicles the mountains usually hold it all there instead of it blowing away.

The valleys have some of the richest soil for growing crops as you would ever want. Water is the difficult thing to get for irrigation. So many people needing drinking water and dams producing power...it's either flood or famine. (Big canals handle flood season in Southern California)

The state of California is larger than Japan. Has a larger size economy too.
Cities are extremely expensive and crowded.
Housing is always expensive in California. Especially in the Bay Area and around San Diego.

The state is run by "Mob Rule" and anyone can get just about any law passed or on the ballot to be voted on fairly easily even getting a previous law repealed is fairly easy. Just got to get it worded correctly and...

It's one of the craziest places I've ever lived. There is no walking to the store or anywhere... you must drive.

I'm so glad I left decades ago...
When a new elevated highway replaced the last fruit orchard in San Jose my family took it out of town never to return.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This time of year is always bad in California...they have 4 types of terrain.
Desert, mountain forest, rolling, grassy hills and beach.

They get ample rain in the mild winter and spring but almost none in the summer. So every year there's a ton of dry grass that gets burnt up.

Every year the place gets tons of wildfires.

Don't forget about the earthquakes either...lots of them but usually small. Just like New Zealand gets.

And where the smog/air pollution has gotten better over the years from more fuel efficient vehicles the mountains usually hold it all there instead of it blowing away.

The valleys have some of the richest soil for growing crops as you would ever want. Water is the difficult thing to get for irrigation. So many people needing drinking water and dams producing power...it's either flood or famine. (Big canals handle flood season in Southern California)

The state of California is larger than Japan. Has a larger size economy too.
Cities are extremely expensive and crowded.
Housing is always expensive in California. Especially in the Bay Area and around San Diego.

The state is run by "Mob Rule" and anyone can get just about any law passed or on the ballot to be voted on fairly easily even getting a previous law repealed is fairly easy. Just got to get it worded correctly and...

It's one of the craziest places I've ever lived. There is no walking to the store or anywhere... you must drive.

I'm so glad I left decades ago...
When a new elevated highway replaced the last fruit orchard in San Jose my family took it out of town never to return.
I've seen that elevated highway. It stood there, a big chunk of it, unfinished for many years.

Reactions: JohnDB

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've seen that elevated highway. It stood there, a big chunk of it, unfinished for many years.
The one I was talking about was almost 50 years ago...
It was over by Arbuckle grade school...not sure if it is even there anymore. Or maybe it was by Sartorette grade school and Ball Park...it's been so long...

And if you know a lot about San Jose you might know about Camden Avenue...
There's a church there that once was called Camden Avenue Baptist Church and it had a 2 story building right behind it that was attached...and you could see some wrought iron stairs going up the side right next to the back of the sanctuary (the front of the sanctuary was close to the street)

And now you know exactly where I got spanked a lot for not sitting still enough in church.

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Prayers for you Ron...hoping you are coming East soon! And, hopefully your friend as well :) Be safe, and yes...prayers are coming. I have a cousin who lives there too as well, hoping to hear updates as to what is happening there! I don't watch the "news".
God Bless bro.