Orthodoxy doctrines and rituals?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So this is something that doesn't get discussed much on this site, I don't know if I have even seen a thread about Orthodox Christianity on here, we see Calvinist, SDA, Pentecostal, Catholic threads, JW threads, and other denominations I probably haven't mentioned.

But what about Orthodoxy Christianity?

What are their doctrines, what are their rituals, what makes them Orthodoxy?

We know there are different kinds of Orthodox Churches depending on location, and the ones I know of are birthed in Eastern European countries and the Middle East and Egypt. I have also heard they make the sign of the cross in the opposition direction to Catholics.

Does a Coptic Orthodox and a Greek Orthodox have different doctrines from one another? Or do they just have different religious leaders?

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Oh and also to add, how does someone become an Eastern Orthodox Christian? What is the process?

Are there any Eastern Orthodox Christian members on here? I would be interested to learn a bit