OSAS Scriptures

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All scriptures from the NKJV

2 Cor 1:20-22
20 For all the promises of God in Him are Yes, and in Him Amen, to the glory of God through us.
21 Now He who establishes us with you in Christ and has anointed us is God,
22 who also has sealed us and given us the Spirit in our hearts as a guarantee.

Rom 8:35-39
35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
36 As it is written:

"For Your sake we are killed all day long;
We are accounted as sheep for the slaughter."

37 Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us.
38 For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come,
39 nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

2 Tim 1:8-12
8 Therefore do not be ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me His prisoner, but share with me in the sufferings for the gospel according to the power of God,
9 who has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began,
10 but has now been revealed by the appearing of our Savior Jesus Christ, who has abolished death and brought life and immortality to light through the gospel,
11 to which I was appointed a preacher, an apostle, and a teacher of the Gentiles.
12 For this reason I also suffer these things; nevertheless I am not ashamed, for I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that He is able to keep what I have committed to Him until that Day.

1 Cor 15:56-58
56 The sting of death is sin, and the strength of sin is the law.
57 But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord.

1 John 5:4-5
4 For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world — our faith.
5 Who is he who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?

1 Peter 1:3-5
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
4 to an inheritance incorruptible and undefiled and that does not fade away, reserved in heaven for you,
5 who are kept by the power of God through faith for salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
You gave all the scriptures that no one can turn us away from Christ,however we can turn ourselves away.

II Peter 2:20 "For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning."

This is stating that these souls came to the knowledge of the saving power of God through Jesus Christ, and knew that He died on the cross and shed His blood for their sins, and in repentance they have been made righteous in the sight of God. If they have reached this point in their salvation, and then turn their backs on our Heavenly Father, and entangle themselves in the traditions of men, they will be worse off at the end. It would have been better of that they would have never heard of the Word of God, and the saving power and love of Jesus Christ, then to have tasted of it, and turn their backs to it.

Reactions: BobRyan and amadeus

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Colossians 3:1-4
If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

If you are born again (risen with Christ, having died with Him), your life is hid with Christ in God. When Christ appears, you, who are born again, will also appear with Him in glory.

If any who are born again do not appear with Him in glory then this prophecy becomes unfulfilled, and Scripture becomes untrue.

Therefore, all who have been born again will in fact appear with Christ in glory, having been hidden in Him, safe until that day.

Even if we were to say it would be possible for someone to walk away, which I don't believe, this passage assures us that won't happen to any of those who have been reborn.

Much love!
Mark

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

If you are born again (risen with Christ, having died with Him), your life is hid with Christ in God. When Christ appears, you, who are born again, will also appear with Him in glory.

If any who are born again do not appear with Him in glory then this prophecy becomes unfulfilled, and Scripture becomes untrue.

Therefore, all who have been born again will in fact appear with Christ in glory, having been hidden in Him, safe until that day.

Even if we were to say it would be possible for someone to walk away, which I don't believe, this passage assures us that won't happen to any of those who have been reborn.

Much love!
Mark

Amen!!

...welcome-sign-smiley-emoticon.gif

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You gave all the scriptures that no one can turn us away from Christ,however we can turn ourselves away.

II Peter 2:20 "For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning."

This is stating that these souls came to the knowledge of the saving power of God through Jesus Christ, and knew that He died on the cross and shed His blood for their sins, and in repentance they have been made righteous in the sight of God. If they have reached this point in their salvation, and then turn their backs on our Heavenly Father, and entangle themselves in the traditions of men, they will be worse off at the end. It would have been better of that they would have never heard of the Word of God, and the saving power and love of Jesus Christ, then to have tasted of it, and turn their backs to it.
are these the faithful flock or greedy dogs the apostle was speaking of?

PICJAG.

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga

Much love!
Mark

Those verses have nothing what so ever to do with OSAS

Colossians 3:1 "If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God."

Now that Christ has come and paid the price for our sins, the topic has moved away from taking part in rituals and ceremonies, to what we should be doing as a Christians. Now that you have Christ, rest in Him and stay away from those that would put you under a set of dos and don'ts, and drag you into "will worship" and the following of ordinances. Most of them were done away with at the cross, for Christ became not the shadow of the things to come, but the real thing. We now have the right to partake in all the blessings of God, rather then the cursings of the world.

Now if you accept Christ and God's way, then seek those things that are on a higher plain. You will fall short from time to time, but we must repent and continue to strive to seek that which is good and in accordance with God's Word. Remember that repentance is the best thing for your soul, for your sins are removed, and the sting of gilt is removed when you are acting in and by faith in Jesus Christ.

Colossians 3:2 "Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth."

Your "affection" is your mind [your spirit], and in the Greek tongue is "phroneo". Focus your thoughts on things above of God, and not on things of this world. Why do we set our mind on those things above? Because that is where Christ is, as we read in that first verse, "where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God [the father]." This is not talking about drifting around in a dreamland, but concentrate on doing those things that will give you the blessings of God while you are here on earth. That is the beauty of becoming a Christian, you don't have to wait for the here-after to receive the blessings that God has for you. It Gives our Heavenly Father joy to bless you, when you are following His ways. Repentance is the best way to redirect your path and get it back on track.

Colossians 3:3 "For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God."

Paul is reminding the Colossians that you should be dead to the earthly things because your eternal life is hidden in the Godhead, in the Father through your faith in Jesus Christ. Being hidden in the Godhead, means that not everyone can see the truths of salvation, whereby you can receive eternal life through your belief in Jesus Christ, and the forgiveness that He gives when you receive your salvation by repentance by faith. Not everybody has eyes to see and ears to hear and understand the truths of God's Word, but when you do see and understand that way and accept God's salvation, that eternal life is hidden from those people of the world.

When you seek the higher things of God, many things that you do will seem different to those with the mind of the world. Friend, the higher things of God are the simplicity in which Christ taught. The true teacher is the one that takes those things that difficult to understand, and simplifies them to the point that even a child can understand them. He can make the Word apply to you what ever level of understanding you are at. The higher things are not getting into self will and self worship ["will worship" through humility], but that higher plain is the simple things that are tied up on the mystery of the love of God. It is a simple plan. It is your accepting Jesus Christ by believing in Him and by faith the repenting of your sins to the Father in Jesus name, and then studying to follow the things that are taught in His Word. The name of Jesus is your credentials before our heavenly Father that you believe in Jesus the Christ and accept His blood for the forgiveness of your sins.

Then to search for the higher plain is to do the work that our Heavenly Father has for us, and that is to plant the seeds of truth in the minds of others, and to show them the love of Christ within our own lives. The only way that others will come to know Jesus Christ is when someone plants that seed, then the Holy Spirit can nurture and water it and cause it to grow in the mind of that lost soul. In time he or she will come to know Christ also. It pleases our heavenly Father very much when you reach out and help one of His lost children, that is passing out a word of encouragement where it is needed, from the Word of God, which is to say Christ.

Colossians 3:4 "When Christ, Who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with Him in glory."

Christ is our eternal live, the life of our very soul. You don't have eternal life without Christ.When Christ shall appear at His second advent during the final day of this earth age of the flesh at the seventh and last trumpet. On that day we shall all be changed, not raptured, and but changed into our new spiritual and incorrupt bodies, and be with Him in His glory. Jesus Christ is coming back to earth with and His Millennium will be set up right her on earth. Jesus Christ is worthy to receive all the glory, for without Him there is no salvation.

When Jesus returns He does not come as a babe to be crucified, as He did in the first advent, but as King of Kings and Lord of Lords.

colossians3

OSAS is like saying you can do whatever you want without repenting

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
The "IF'S" in scripture are very very important,Christ says throughout scripture that He would do this,IF you did that.One of the if's was to repent.That doesn't mean being saved again it means when you do sin,which the flesh will do,you must repent,so my question to those who believe in the osas,what happens when you don't?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Phil 1:6
" Being confident of this very thing, that He which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ"

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Okay so are you saying that once saved you need not repent anymore?

People like you are totally confused between our SALVATION and our position in Christ, and our spiritual daily walk.

Prov " Though a righteous man may fall seven times he will rise again"

Our salvation is secure, our position is not...it is a daily choice.
Yet so many cannot read the Word and see the difference between the two...

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
People like you are totally confused between our SALVATION and our position in Christ, and our spiritual daily walk.

No! you missing my point,YES though a man fall seven times, heck even a hundred ,he gets back up through repentance ,not because you were saved

Our salvation is secure IF we do what Christ said,and what He said was REPENT!!!

So my question to you again,can you sin without repenting?

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Who are the people Christ said depart from me I never knew you

Matthew 7:21 "Not every one that saith unto Me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of My Father Which is in heaven."

Matthew 7:22 "Many will say to Me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Thy name? and in Thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works'.

One can't do the above without being saved

Matthew 7:23 "And then will I profess unto them, 'I never knew you: depart from Me, ye that work iniquity' ."

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who are the people Christ said depart from me I never knew you

Matthew 7:21 "Not every one that saith unto Me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of My Father Which is in heaven."

Matthew 7:22 "Many will say to Me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Thy name? and in Thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works'.

One can't do the above without being saved

Matthew 7:23 "And then will I profess unto them, 'I never knew you: depart from Me, ye that work iniquity' ."

But the liars, Cults and people into constant claim they are good Christians and saved.

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga

Let's go where the rubber meets the road,if you sin after being saved are you still saved?
Yes, No Question?