other bible jws use.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

This is basically a Lexicon, Great if you read Greek fluently, as to understand how they structure their language in a sentence.
As you can see, it is not easy to make some sense reading it from an English standpoint!
Understanding any language, one need's to know what the Vowel pointing's represent, weather Masculine or Feminine, past tense, present tense.
They are good for some part in study, but without a real grip on the Language, we can be limited!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I am aware that Jehovah's Witnesses accept the kjv as authoritative; which is why I suggested you get one so we could compare notes more easily.

The first thing in the kjv that I would bring up to a JW is Psalms 50:1 in light of Isaiah 9:6; since the LORD is usually translated "Jehovah" in the NeWT and in that, it appears that the mighty God is Jehovah (Psalms 50:1) and that therefore the son that was given (in Isaiah 9:6) is Jehovah since He is given the name "The mighty God."

Reactions: Mayflower

Mister Michael

Sep 13, 2018
Florida
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
Michael,

Please share with us the names of the translators of the New World Translation and their linguistic qualifications in Hebrew, Greek and Aramaic.

Oz
hehe you think i am actually that high on the Watch Tower Cooperate ladder i am unbaptized.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Authority is something like the power someone has in their directive words because they are someone of importance. But to say that the scriptures are authoritative means that they have authority because the Author of them is of more importance than anyone else in the Universe.

Last edited:

Mister Michael

Sep 13, 2018
Florida
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
from second link weird they take out verses

From the Second link

"Missing books. In their Bibles, the Roman Catholic and Eastern Orthodox churches include books known by some as the Apocrypha. However, those books were not accepted into the Jewish canon, and it is noteworthy that the Bible says that the Jews were the ones who were “entrusted with the sacred pronouncements of God.” (Romans 3:1, 2) Thus, the New World Translation and many other modern Bible translations rightly exclude the books of the Apocrypha.

Missing verses. Some translations add verses and phrases that are not in the oldest available Bible manuscripts, but the New World Translation excludes such added material. Many modern translations either omit those later additions or acknowledge that those additions lack support from the most authoritative sources. *"

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, that is why I prefer the King Jimmy. Because it keeps in the material that is omitted by other translations. And I would rather not be cheated out of what the Holy Ghost might want to say to me through His word.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is honestly all Greek to me. I really don't attempt it even though I want to learn Hebrew. If I had to pick one hard language to understand better, it would be Hebrew...

But New World Translation is definitely different then King James...a lot of the verses read with different meaning.

Also, the Canon of how the early church put the Bible together is an amazing study. This link at the bottom is good, but I wanted to point out this portion of it as to why I am leery of the New World Translation:

God’s wisdom anticipated the tendency towards corruption of his message, and he issued warnings against those who would “corrupt the Word of God” (2 Cor. 2:12). The same warning was given to those who “pervert the gospel” (Gal. 1:7). Any tendency toward heresy was also condemned by God, apostasy being that which took away from God’s message. God warned in the Old Testament not to add to his Word (Prov. 30:6)

New World Translation is very misleading to the Truth as you saw from John 1:3 that Jesus is Creator God. Not a creation of God.

Books of the Bible - How They Were Chosen as Canon

Last edited: