Our Adventure Yesterday Coming Home From My Mom's House

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Didn't know where else to put this and wanted to share it...

So, we have snakes down here called cottonmouths. Big old mean venomous snakes.

My girlfriend and I were on our way to my apartment from my mom's and she noticed a snake in the road. I didn't see it. Told her to go back so I can see if I can help it across before it gets hit. Well, we were too late and it had already been hit, but still alive. It was also a momma with babies. Some dead, strewn across the road, and some alive and fighting to get out. I found a piece of wood and started to move the snake off the road and some of the babies came out but was only able to really save one and get it in the brush. I gave the others a fighting chance though.

The mom struck at me once and the one baby a couple of times.

We had gone to my mom's so that she can see me before the surgery to have my gall bladder taken out on Thursday and so I can lounge in her pool to help maybe take some of the pain away that I am feeling. It did work until we had the adventure.

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a subforum for fellowship here:
Fellowship Forum

And a subforum for testimonies here:

Testimonial Forum

Ahhhh. Thank you, I looked at the fellowship forum from the main forum page and really only saw the subforums within it. Didn't realize there was basically a general fellowship subforum as well.

Will see about getting it moved.

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ahhhh. Thank you, I looked at the fellowship forum from the main forum page and really only saw the subforums within it. Didn't realize there was basically a general fellowship subforum as well.

Will see about getting it moved.
Being here is not a great problem but there is nothing in your post to debate. The fellowship forum would be better @Heart2Soul

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Be careful, I hear dead rattlesnakes can still kill you with their venom. We used to hunt rattlesnakes.

True story, one time I was running in the marsh in southern california and jumped over a log, and there was a huge rattlesnake, biggest I've ever seen. I was looking back at it and it was on the back side of the log and I had jumped over it. Luckily it wasn't coiled or it might have bit me. Thought I would share :)

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Be careful, I hear dead rattlesnakes can still kill you with their venom. We used to hunt rattlesnakes.

True story, one time I was running in the marsh in southern california and jumped over a log, and there was a huge rattlesnake, biggest I've ever seen. I was looking back at it and it was on the back side of the log and I had jumped over it. Luckily it wasn't coiled or it might have bit me. Thought I would share :)

I won't get that close to the business end. This one was still alive. I kinda wished that I had my concealed at that moment so I could have put it out of its misery, but I still haven't been fingerprinted. Took the class, just waiting to have the extra money to do the rest.

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I won't get that close to the business end. This one was still alive. I kinda wished that I had my concealed at that moment so I could have put it out of its misery, but I still haven't been fingerprinted. Took the class, just waiting to have the extra money to do the rest.
We used to hunt them in Utah USA along with jack rabbits. They're pests there. But that was a long time ago and they have an over population problem. We used 22 caliber rifles. Meanwhile back in the military we used 2.23 and 7.62 for personal and gunner use. I ran an m-60 out of a chopper door for a mission once. Fun stuff. Glad you're getting your use permit. Just make sure you only use it for lethal force use. You should study lethal force requirements in your country and government region. That way you won't get into trouble if you end up having to use it.

Last edited: