Our God Is Not The God Of The Dead!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
Jesus plainly said:
Mat 22:32 I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.

Rom 8:10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

Col 2:20 Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances,

There is a physical death of the body and their is a spiritual death of the non-believers.

Joh 11:26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

Rev 11:18 And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged
Believers are not dead the judgement is of the unbelievers.

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
For those who believe the resurrection will happen at the end of the world. You will be happy to know that when your body dies, your spiritual body will rise to be with the LORD forever.

I keep going back to the good seeds and the tares as to when the end of the world happens.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Addressing the OP. Good topic, not saying that your topic heading is not correct, but incorrect for POST resurrestion, consider this. Romans 14:8 "For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's."
Romans 14:9 "For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living."

and he is "Lord" and "GOD", per John 20:28 and many others places. for he have the KEYS to Death. supportive scripture, Revelation 1:16 "And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength."
Revelation 1:17 "And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:"
Revelation 1:18 "I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death."

all things are his, including DEATH, which must answer to HIM.

PICJAG.

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
Addressing the OP. Good topic, not saying that your topic heading is not correct, but incorrect for POST resurrestion, consider this. Romans 14:8 "For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's."
We may die, that would be our body, but our spirit will never die.

Romans 14:9 "For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living."
Christ died but was not dead. The dead in this scripture are those that never lived. You begin life when you believe in God.
and he is "Lord" and "GOD", per John 20:28 and many others places. for he have the KEYS to Death. supportive scripture, Revelation 1:16 "And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength."
Revelation 1:17 "And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:"
Revelation 1:18 "I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death."
all things are his, including DEATH, which must answer to HIM.
Jesus went to hell and there he died but hell could not hold him.
PICJAG.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
correct, because our bodies are not "we". it's just a temporary houes for us to dwell in.

PICJAG.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
For those who believe the resurrection will happen at the end of the world. You will be happy to know that when your body dies, your spiritual body will rise to be with the LORD forever.
Rocky is on very ROCKY GROUND with these confused musings. Now do you really want the truth, or have you decided to cling to fantasies regardless of what is in the Bible?

BTW the resurrection of the saints does not happen "at the end of the world". That is another false notion which has no basis in Scripture.

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
Rocky is on very ROCKY GROUND with these confused musings. Now do you really want the truth, or have you decided to cling to fantasies regardless of what is in the Bible?

BTW the resurrection of the saints does not happen "at the end of the world". That is another false notion which has no basis in Scripture.

I didn't say I believed the resurrection of the saints would happen at the end of the world. I said for those that do believe it.

Jesus said "he who believeth on me shall never die.

The dead are the people that live here on earth without believing Jesus.
1Pe 4:6 For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit.
The dead, non believers, will be judged.

Rev 11:18 And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged