Our salvation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our salvation is an accomplished fact.

How is it that Paul was accused of preaching;

“shall we do evil that good may come”

It was because those people that accused Paul of such a thing did not understand the Gospel Paul was preaching, for if they understood what Paul was preaching they could have never accused him of such.

The Gospel that Paul was preaching was “faith in Christ Jesus” whereby if you had faith in the free gift of God in Christ Jesus, which was procured by His death and resurrection, you by virtue of that faith were saved.

People therefore accused him of preaching “shall we sin that grace may abound”

Which Paul goes on to say their condemnation was just.

So just what was this Gospel that Paul preached that he so roundly condemned those that accused him of preaching a gospel that allowed sin.

Paul was preaching that you were saved by the free gift of God and by the faith in that gift.

So what was this gift of God to the believing heart that came through the death and resurrection of Christ Jesus?

It was your death and resurrection.

For when Christ died on the cross He took us to death with Him. This was the gift of God to mankind in and through Christ Jesus, our deaths.

For by the sinners death, are they made free from all that would cause them to sin.

It is by the faith in what Christ did for us on the cross are we saved. And what was that that Christ did for us on the cross?

He took us to death with Him.

Thereby by being joined with Him in His death, we have been made free from sin, that we might be joined to another, and become obedient from the heart to such a form of teaching.

So Paul was preaching a Gospel that was 100% a free gift of God to the believing heart. But that gift of God to the believing heart was our death.

“For he that has died, is free from sin” and “how can one who has died to sin still live in it”

This was the Gospel Paul was preaching, the free gift of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

There is but one way that a believer still lives in sin, yet he is saved, has yet to, by faith, grab onto their death in Christ, whereby through that faith that would grab onto their death in Christ can and will they walk in newness of life.

By Grace you have been saved through faith and that not of yourself it is a gift of God.

Let us thereby grab onto the gift of God to us by Christ Jesus, which is our deaths in Him and;

“reckon ourselves dead indeed onto sin and alive onto God” by which faith, whereby we can, and will, learn to walk in newness of life.

Blessings to all that would be willing to search these truths, of our deaths in Christ, out for themselves, so they might learn by experience,

“it is no longer I who live but Christ who lives in me”

Than it becomes simply a matter of faith in your death in Christ. Than it will ring true. To the degree you apprehend your death in Christ, to that degree can and will you be set free from your fallen nature, whereby you might walk in newness of life.

Much love in Christ, Not me

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To the degree you apprehend your death in Christ, to that degree can and will you be set free from your fallen nature, whereby you might walk in newness of life.

Amen!

If we don't count our body of sin dead, then what, we count that it's alive? Then what?

Much love!

Reactions: Not me

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen!

If we don't count our body of sin dead, then what, we count that it's alive? Then what?

Much love!

Hi; if you would allow me to be bold and speak a bit;

The body of sin and our old man are two different things. The body of sin is that human body with it’s appetites, lusts and desires. The old man is the old us, that which Christ took to the cross with Him. The old man was crucified with Christ that it might be separated from the body of sin and not have to obey it’s demands.

Our body of sin which is the human body we live in will be alive until it returns to dust. And will continue to demand obedience to it’s desires. But our salvation in Christ is the fact that “we” our very “selfs” have been crucified with Christ. Thereby freeing us and setting us free from the dictates and demands of our fallen nature’s. The body that would do sin is still very much alive. But “we” have died to it. It is reckoning this to be true by faith that causes it to be manifested and become real by experience.

Many people have tried and failed at this reckoning themselves dead to sin. For the reason that they as of yet aren’t convinced that dying is better than sinning. It is when a believer is brought to the place where they would willingly enter into death rather than sin, can and will they reckon themselves dead to sin from their hearts not looking at self or expecting anything from themselves. They will look to God alone by faith, than that faith will receive from God that which it most wants and that is to be made free from sin and walk in newness of life.

Take these words before God and ask about them, for in them is the walking in newness of life to be found. For once tasted the command to reckon ourselves dead to sin and alive unto God becomes the most glorious and blessed command ever given.

Blessed are they that are willing to search this truth out for themselves.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The body of sin and our old man are two different things.

Hi Not me,

Who is the "old man" if not the one born of Adam with the mind of the flesh?

If it is the body of flesh that has the carnal thoughts and desires, from whence comes the old man? And what thoughts and desires does he have?

I think there remains much confusion and mystification about the old man, as if he is some sort of spiritual force, or something like that.

I think the old man is simply the me that was me before I was born again.

Putting off the old man, and choosing to not act according to the desires of the flesh are to me one and the same thing. Putting on the new man, and choosing to act according to the Spirit within us are again to me one and the same.

Much love!

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Not me,

Who is the "old man" if not the one born of Adam with the mind of the flesh?

If it is the body of flesh that has the carnal thoughts and desires, from whence comes the old man? And what thoughts and desires does he have?

I think there remains much confusion and mystification about the old man, as if he is some sort of spiritual force, or something like that.

I think the old man is simply the me that was me before I was born again.

Putting off the old man, and choosing to not act according to the desires of the flesh are to me one and the same thing. Putting on the new man, and choosing to act according to the Spirit within us are again to me one and the same.

Much love!

You are correct the “old man” is the “you” the “self” that was born in Adam. The body of sin is the body of flesh that has it’s passions and desires and is that thing beside your “will” that also demands obedience. There are two forces that can lead a person into sin their physical body and their “will” to sin. Both have been dealt with by Christ taking the “you” the “old man” the “self” that birth that you received from Adam to death. The result of the death of the “you” that was born in Adam is the separation of the inner from the outer man. One has died (the inner) so that it could be made free from the outer.

So you are correct, it is the you that would choose sin that is that part of you that is called the “old man” it is that part that Christ took to death with Him. It is the separation of the two that now gives the individual the ability to choose which one he will be obedient to, Christ or self.

It is like if right now you were to die. Than in a few minutes Mr. Sin would come buy and say come on, get up, let’s go sin”. Because of the fact that you were dead you would be incapable of responding and getting up and follow and sin.

This is the freedom from sin we have in Christ. Our deaths and by virtue of our deaths are we made free from “all” both inward and outward things that would call and cause us to sin. Just as free as one would be if they were to literally fall dead right this instant.

Are salvation is that great and that freeing.

Once again ask God about these words, you will be most blessed if you do.

But either way you are running well, just keep that heart open before God and if there is any truth in my writings, may God use them for increase.

Blessings,

Last edited: