Our Salvation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Collin Feener

Aug 2, 2019
Toronto Ont Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
In the old testament, the Israelies Had the Spiritual but the teachings died because they taught them in earthly form. That was a snare to deceive people but they died and became flesh. I don't me mean physically but the teaching died so this is why Jesus was given to us in the Flesh. Because the Spirit in man died, they were alive and died So we are given the Spirit in the flesh and this was our life and when we die we come alive in the Spirit. I don't mean our physical death. The disciples we given the teachings but gave them to us in the flesh because Jesus came in the flesh but the flesh is the enemy. That's what the Jews did to their people so that's what Jesus did. When we die as they die our death to the flesh is life in the Spirit. Our life is the Flesh but we give up the flesh. The flesh is the word as it is written but God is not flesh. God is Spirit. This is what Jesus had to do to save us.

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the old testament, the Israelies Had the Spiritual but the teachings died because they taught them in earthly form. That was a snare to deceive people but they died and became flesh. I don't me mean physically but the teaching died so this is why Jesus was given to us in the Flesh. Because the Spirit in man died, they were alive and died So we are given the Spirit in the flesh and this was our life and when we die we come alive in the Spirit. I don't mean our physical death. The disciples we given the teachings but gave them to us in the flesh because Jesus came in the flesh but the flesh is the enemy. That's what the Jews did to their people so that's what Jesus did. When we die as they die our death to the flesh is life in the Spirit. Our life is the Flesh but we give up the flesh. The flesh is the word as it is written but God is not flesh. God is Spirit. This is what Jesus had to do to save us.
Amen!

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Yes the ancient world believed that the physical world was corrupt and that only the Spiritual world was pure.
That is partly why the athianians rejected Pauls preaching when he taught them about Jesus's physical resurrection.
So what you believe is a pagan idea you have added to Christianity.
Remember the world that God created was also declared by God to be 'very good' so to call the physical the enemy is to call what God has call good, evil.

It is not our bodies that are the problem but our spirits enslaved to sin and the answer to that is the physical/fleshly life, death and resuurection of Jesus.