Over 11,000 new believers this summer

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A group of us worship in the park every morning around sunrise. People and Church Leaders from every verified denomination were invited and attend. After the Bible Study which I lead and the 15 min Sermon from an invited local Pastor. We form small groups for those who have questions and want to accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior. Once, someone comes to Jesus we ask them personality questions to see which Church would be their best fit. Then we take them around to introduce them to people from that Church, who volunteer to take them to their Church next Saturday or Sunday. This is being organized by Home Churches for the handicaped. Ambulance companies volunteer to pick up people to take them to the rotating homes for worship. We keep a very low profile to keep cities from putting us out of business and avoid lawsuits. Our Statement of faith is closest to Baptist, Free Methodist and Presbyterian.

aside: how does one do spell check here?

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
A group of us woship in the park every morning around sunrise. People and Church Leaders from every verified denomination were invited and attend. After the Bible Study which I lead and the 15 min Sermon from an invited local Pastor. We form small groups for those who have questions and want to acept Jesus as their Lord and Savior. Once, someone comes to Jesus we ask them personality questions to see which Church would be their best fit. Then we take them around to introduce them to people from that Church, who volenture to take them to their Church next Saturday or Sunday. This is being organized by Home Churches for the handicaped. Amablance companies volunteer to pick up people to take them to the rotating homes for worship. We keep a very low profile to keep cities from putting us out of business and avoid lawsuits. Our Statement of faith is closests to Baptist, Free Methodist and Presybtains.

This sounds just awesome! Love it! I don't think our spell check works but I can spell check it for you if you like.....:p [spell checked]

Reactions: dhh712

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
A group of us woship in the park every morning around sunrise. People and Church Leaders from every verified denomination were invited and attend. After the Bible Study which I lead and the 15 min Sermon from an invited local Pastor. We form small groups for those who have questions and want to acept Jesus as their Lord and Savior. Once, someone comes to Jesus we ask them personality questions to see which Church would be their best fit. Then we take them around to introduce them to people from that Church, who volenture to take them to their Church next Saturday or Sunday. This is being organized by Home Churches for the handicaped. Amablance companies volunteer to pick up people to take them to the rotating homes for worship.
The one problem I have with local groups is the fact that Jesus said that, what started as “local” in his day, had to become ‘global’ before his judgment day.....
By the time of his return, the “whole world” had to have received his testimony...
Matthew 24:14....
And this gospel of the kingdom will be proclaimed throughout the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.” (ESV)

Christianity is not about small local groups trying to do better...though commendable, by now (almost 2,000 years hence) genuine Christianity would already be a global body.

When I say “genuine Christianity” I am referring to the “weeds” which Jesus said would be “sown by the devil” as a counterfeit form of Christianity in the world.....but which would result in a distinctly disunited “church” who could barely agree on much of anything but a core of beliefs taken from Roman Catholicism at the Reformation. Christendom’s teachings are not even close to original Christianity, but it is the only “Christianity” that people have known for centuries. That core of beliefs is not even biblically based but was grafted in by overlaying those pagan ideas over the scriptures....ideas that were in existence long before Christ walked the earth.

Trying to implement what Christ taught is admirable, but time is running out for this world....we are deep into “the time of the end” and the final judgment for those who claim Jesus as their “Lord”.....and for those who don’t.

Since “many” will claim Jesus as their “Lord” at that time, what will be the decider as far as Jesus is concerned?
Matthew 7:21-23...
“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ 23 And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’” (ESV)

Can we imagine being on the receiving end of that rejection?
This should give us all pause to evaluate what we believe to see if it is what Jesus and his apostles actually taught. Christianity is not about label wearing.....Christ does not see labels, he sees what each individual is doing and thinking and whether they know the truth in their heart when they hear it....or not.

The truth should “set us free” rather than enslave us to false beliefs that depend on fear rather than love to bring us to Christ. So how can we know? The truth is, we cannot know for sure regardless of how sincere we are in our beliefs.....the decision has to do with God....
Jesus said...
“No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him. . . . “This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless it is granted him by the Father.” (John 6:44,65 - ESV)

So it is the Father who draws right hearted ones to his son....as much as we think it is we who choose him. This explains why there will be those who offer their excuses to Jesus at the judgment.....but who will never enter the Kingdom. God will not correct us unless we acknowledge that what we believe is not Bible truth, and want to correct ourselves, willingly. So the onus is on us, to make sure of what we believe.....

We keep a very low profile to keep cities from putting us out of business and avoid lawsuits. Our Statement of faith is closests to Baptist, Free Methodist and Presybtains.
What is it that Baptists, Free Methodists and Presbyterians believe that makes you think they teach the truth as opposed to other denominations?

All praise has to be based on truth....

Last edited:
Reactions: The Learner

dhh712

Jun 12, 2022
Gettysburg
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A group of us worship in the park every morning around sunrise. People and Church Leaders from every verified denomination were invited and attend. After the Bible Study which I lead and the 15 min Sermon from an invited local Pastor. We form small groups for those who have questions and want to accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior. Once, someone comes to Jesus we ask them personality questions to see which Church would be their best fit. Then we take them around to introduce them to people from that Church, who volunteer to take them to their Church next Saturday or Sunday. This is being organized by Home Churches for the handicaped. Ambulance companies volunteer to pick up people to take them to the rotating homes for worship. We keep a very low profile to keep cities from putting us out of business and avoid lawsuits. Our Statement of faith is closest to Baptist, Free Methodist and Presbyterian.

Praise God! That's an amazing way to advance the Kingdom and his Spirit is blessing the word that is preached. It's great to see an ecumenical effort too, but still keeping the denominations separate.

Can you remember this is a praise forum xx

Yeah, really. Hope the rest will adhere to this.

Last edited:

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The one problem I have with local groups is the fact that Jesus said that, what started as “local” in his day, had to become ‘global’ before his judgment day.....
By the time of his return, the “whole world” had to have received his testimony...
Matthew 24:14....
And this gospel of the kingdom will be proclaimed throughout the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.” (ESV)

Christianity is not about small local groups trying to do better...though commendable, by now (almost 2,000 years hence) genuine Christianity would already be a global body.

When I say “genuine Christianity” I am referring to the “weeds” which Jesus said would be “sown by the devil” as a counterfeit form of Christianity in the world.....but which would result in a distinctly disunited “church” who could barely agree on much of anything but a core of beliefs taken from Roman Catholicism at the Reformation. Christendom’s teachings are not even close to original Christianity, but it is the only “Christianity” that people have known for centuries. That core of beliefs is not even biblically based but was grafted in by overlaying those pagan ideas over the scriptures....ideas that were in existence long before Christ walked the earth.

Trying to implement what Christ taught is admirable, but time is running out for this world....we are deep into “the time of the end” and the final judgment for those who claim Jesus as their “Lord”.....and for those who don’t.

Since “many” will claim Jesus as their “Lord” at that time, what will be the decider as far as Jesus is concerned?
Matthew 7:21-23...
“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ 23 And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’” (ESV)

Can we imagine being on the receiving end of that rejection?
This should give us all pause to evaluate what we believe to see if it is what Jesus and his apostles actually taught. Christianity is not about label wearing.....Christ does not see labels, he sees what each individual is doing and thinking and whether they know the truth in their heart when they hear it....or not.

The truth should “set us free” rather than enslave us to false beliefs that depend on fear rather than love to bring us to Christ. So how can we know? The truth is, we cannot know for sure regardless of how sincere we are in our beliefs.....the decision has to do with God....
Jesus said...
“No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him. . . . “This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless it is granted him by the Father.” (John 6:44,65 - ESV)

So it is the Father who draws right hearted ones to his son....as much as we think it is we who choose him. This explains why there will be those who offer their excuses to Jesus at the judgment.....but who will never enter the Kingdom. God will not correct us unless we acknowledge that what we believe is not Bible truth, and want to correct ourselves, willingly. So the onus is on us, to make sure of what we believe.....

What is it that Baptists, Free Methodists and Presbyterians believe that makes you think they teach the truth as opposed to other denominations?

All praise has to be based on truth....

Whoever Is Not Against Us Is for Us​

38 “Teacher,” said John, “we saw someone driving out demons in your name and we told him to stop, because he was not one of us.”

39 “Do not stop him,” Jesus said. “For no one who does a miracle in my name can in the next moment say anything bad about me, 40 for whoever is not against us is for us. 41 Truly I tell you, anyone who gives you a cup of water in my name because you belong to the Messiah will certainly not lose their reward.

A while ago, I jumped along the bash certain Christian music groups train for not being "accurate" enough or whatever, and I won't do it anymore.

I decided it best I shut up and let people praise and worship God.

Think of this, Who would consider standing at his throne, and when the next person rushes in to bow at his feet, say "stop that, you're doing it wrong"? And then give an answer for it?