1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Panic @ the pizza shop

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by djstav, Sep 21, 2018.

1. djstav

djstav Active Member

Faith:
    Other Faith
    Australia
    I wonder sometimes if I'm feeling the emotions of other people around me. I wonder if I'm empathic, and can sense tension from people gathered in unfamiliar places. I wish I really knew, it's kinda hard to go out & be surrounded by lot's of people.

As you might guess I'm in a pizza shop, tripping out on what I feel all around me. It's really hard to block out other people's emotions.

Eeeep.

Willie T likes this.
  2. bbyrd009

bbyrd009 Groper

Faith:
    Christian
    United States Minor Outlying Islands
    you might get an understanding of codependency, that's what that is. I have a convo--if that's what you wanna call it anyway--with Dr Judith Orloff, the Empath Queen, that pretty succinctly illustrates the point, if one can read between the lines. She is full of it, and she even knows it imo. i mean bam consider yourself an "empath" if you like ok, but it's just coD, even if it is only on the emo's end and not you; no one enjoys being around flamers for long. As a rep in a public business you would not be out of line to ask the person to tone it down or leave imo, these are usually what create the tension anyway right. Your domain, i would take control immediately wadr

3. lforrest

lforrest Well-Known Member Staff Member Admin

Faith:
    Christian
    I've read about empaths who can literally feel other's pain. Are you one of these people?

The most I get is a cringe when I think about someone elses pain or potential pain.

4. bbyrd009

bbyrd009 Groper

Faith:
    Christian
    United States Minor Outlying Islands
    you don't get a jolt of adrenaline when you see like even certain tv traumas or whatever?
    i mean i have Asperger's and i do...but everyone's diff i guess

5. djstav

djstav Active Member

Faith:
    Other Faith
    Australia
    I do.

6. djstav

djstav Active Member

Faith:
    Other Faith
    Australia
  7. lforrest

lforrest Well-Known Member Staff Member Admin

Faith:
    Christian
    Nope, just the cringe factor for me.

8. Mayflower

Mayflower Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    If you watch Star Trek, Counselor Troi. :) I can sense feelings I think sometimes. But not very often.