Parable of the Sower

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please watch my latest video "Parable of the Sower."
The meaning of the Parable of the Sower is explained and a brief statement concerning the implications. The Parable of the sower employs a typical farming activity to illustrate why the human heart needs to be prepared in advance to receive, believe, and persevere in the truth.

Title: Parable of the Sower

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In this parable, we learn that only the 4th soil was referred to as good soil and produced crops of any size. Matthew 13:23 - "And the one on whom seed was sown on the good soil, this is the man who hears the word and understands it; who indeed bears fruit and brings forth, some a hundredfold, some sixty, and some thirty."

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agreed, not only this, but those who preach and evangelize have no idea who will believe their word and who, among them, will persevere in belief. I suppose Jesus is encouraging such people to avoid being discouraged when very little people respond to their message. Just keep preaching.

Reactions: mailmandan

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks to all who have viewed this video. What parable should I do next?

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Thanks to all who have viewed this video. What parable should I do next?

After listening to the above video, you have understood this parable in a literal sense without understanding the underlying message being given by Christ. There is a prophecy in Ezekiel 47:1-12 that tells the same story of the increase in the number of saints over a time period of 4 x 1000 years. Also the parable can be seen to express the steps that God will take for the salvation of Israel when He will redeem them by planting them in the fertile soil of the field which is found in Israel, i.e. Christ, when God will teach the Nation of Israel about the Religion of Israel, i.e. Christ, as He makes like new again the same covenant with the Nation of Israel, that he had made with them at Mt Sinai to be a Kingdom of Priests, a Holy Nation and His Possession among the nations.

Now your video gave an explanation as to why the various places where the seed was scattered yielded the increases that they did. If you had transposed the four places where the seed had been scattered with the time stamps in the Ezekiel prophecy, you would gain an understanding of the response of the Israelites to God in the four places in time where the seed was scattered. The Ezekiel prophecy gives us a time line of when to expect the four locations in the Sower Parable to occur.

Should you do another parable? No, unless you fully understand the message that Christ was conveying. For instance, in the Parable of the Minas, Jesus clearly indicates when Israel will reject Satan as their king and what the consequences will be for Israel when Satan return from being in the Abyss/Bottomless pit.

Again Jesus told the Israelites when their salvation would begin in the teaching recorded in Luke 14:25-35 and what would happen to the nation of Israel if at that time they had lost their saltiness.

Perhaps you may like to give a little more thought to your understanding of the parables before you continue to make any more.

Shalom

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Jay Ross
I went to the passage you mentioned and I can find no correspondence between them.

Your response was too quick.

The first place where the seed fell, corresponds with the volume of water flowing in the stream at the first 1,000 cubit distance. It was small, the level of the water covered his ankles.

The second place where the seed fell, corresponds with the volume of water in the stream at the second measured 1,000 cubic distance. It was a little deeper, the water came to his knees.

The third place where the seed fell corresponds with the volume of water in the stream at the third measured 1,000 cubic distance. It was a little deeper again and it came to his waist.

The fourth place where the seed was scattered in the good soil/field corresponds with the volume of water in the stream at the fourth measured 1,000 cubic distance. It was now a vast volume of water so deep that he could not even cross the stream/rive of flowing water as it cascaded over the escarpment into the land below to bring about its healing.

The time span spoken about in the prophecy was 4,000 years and as of yet we have not come to the third measured distance at the 3,000 cubic mark along the stream. We will in our near future, but at this moment we are being choked by the cares of this world. We only have to look around at what is happening today.

In the next 1,000 cubic distance along the stream the place where the seed will be scattered with be able to nourish the seeds where they fall such that the yield of the harvest will be plentiful.

The Ezekiel prophecy and the parable of the sower are effectively tell the same story, but both have approached the outcome from very different perspectives.

Your video, has told why the yield in each place where the seed fell has produced what it did, but it describes the condition of the world in each case where the seed fell in the parable of the sower, at a particular point in history, whereas the Ezekiel Prophecy tells us the year in time and the increase in number of the saints present at that time where the observation along the stream is made.

Again, in my humble opinion, there is a correspondence in the underlying message between the Parable of the Sower and the prophecy found in Ezekiel 48:1-12 if we are able to open our minds to the messages being given.

That is why I have suggested that you give yourself more time to mediate on the scriptures before you commit yourself to more videos on the parables of Christ.

Shalom

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
In the parable, the places where the seed fell is used as figures for the hearts of the people to whom the word of God (which in the parable is figured as the seed), is preached, or figuratively speaking, is sowed. Now as to the sower, in the parable it says, he went out to sow his seed. If then the seed is the word of God, and the seed are that of the sower's, I am inclined to believe that the sower is God, or perhaps refer to them to whom God had given His word to preach or His seed to sow. Further, since the seed is the word of God, it must be understood that when the parable says "seed fell", it means that the word of God is preached and had reached the eyes or ears of the people.

In the parable, the sower went out to sow seed, that is, preach the word of God to the people (to the world). In doing so, (wherein it is strongly suggested therein that sowing was by the method of broadcasting seed to the ground) not only did the seed fell on good ground, but also unavoidably fell by the wayside or pathway, on rocky or stony ground, and fell on thorny ground. Now, let us look at the different places used in the parable representing people. The wayside or road or pathway is a place that is not intended for seed to be planted and to yield a crop therein by any good sower or farmer, as also in rocky places, as well as where thorns grow. Only the good ground is the place where the seed is really intended to be planted to bear fruit and to yield a crop. So, if you'll take notice, this parable is really about the sowing or preaching of the word of God in the hearts of men and of fruit bearing and yielding a crop for harvest.

Regarding the seed falling by the wayside or pathway, Jesus explains that they are those who hears the word of God, but does not understand it. Obviously, they reject it and do not believe.

Regarding the seed falling on the rocky or stony ground, Jesus explains that they are those who hears the word and readily receives it with joy, but also readily give up and stumbles when tribulation or persecution arises because of the word. And that being, they bear no fruit, much less yield a crop.

Regarding the seed falling among thorns, Jesus explains that they are those who hears the word, but are choked up by the cares of this world and the deceitfulness of riches and the desires for other things. As such, they also bear no fruit, much less yield a crop.

Regarding the seed falling on good ground, Jesus explains that they are those who hears the word, understands it, and accept it. As such they indeed bear fruit and so yield a crop.

Tong
R0679

Reactions: CadyandZoe

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Parable of the Sower is like the Shroud of Turin to give you a deep seeded faith.

Which the other seeds will not have.

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
The Parable of the Sower is like the Shroud of Turin to give you a deep seeded faith.

Which the other seeds will not have.
I disagree. Jesus explained the Parable of the sower in scriptures. You just have to go and read it.

Tong
R0686

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
I was just telling you what creates deep seeded faith.
The topic under this thread is about the Parable of the Sower. And I was only trying to tell you that the parable is not about the creation of a deep seeded faith, but about the sowing or preaching of the word of God in the hearts of men and of fruit bearing and yielding a crop for harvest.

If there be any that creates a deep seeded faith, as you call it and as I take it to refer to a strong faith, it is not some shroud or what have you other than God's word.

Tong
R0687

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you not know what a parable is? Its a metaphoric story.. not literal.

Substitute the seed as The Shroud

And seeing this seed (The Shroud) will create an enormous faith in it. And the other faiths will not have this. The other faiths become that seed that never planted or grew deep roots making it easy to fall away.

You can actually go to the Shroud to see what religion Jesus is identifying with. People already in this religion who see this Shroud will grow the deepest roots.

Other religions will not have this seed to grow deep roots. You can actually defeat Islam with this seed (The Shroud)

Preaching really does nothing for atheists, and it will make em more atheists.

Last edited:

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Do you not know what a parable is? Its a metaphoric story.. not literal.

Substitute the seed as The Shroud

And seeing this seed (The Shroud) will create an enormous faith in it. And the other faiths will not have this. The other faiths become that seed that never planted or grew deep roots making it easy to fall away.

You can actually go to the Shroud to see what religion Jesus is identifying with. People already in this religion who see this Shroud will grow the deepest roots.

Other religions will not have this seed to grow deep roots. You can actually defeat Islam with this seed (The Shroud)

Preaching really does nothing for atheists, and it will make em more atheists.
There is no such thing as parable of the shroud sir. We ought to not bring in our own ideas in the scriptures, such as your idea of the shroud put in the parable of the sower. No Christian or man was given the authority to change God's words, nor add or subtract to it.

You are preaching what is not found in the scriptures. That's a dangerous road to walk in.

Preaching the gospel is the work of the Christian preacher. Conviction, convincing, and converting is the work of the Holy Spirit.

Tong
R0688

Last edited:

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you have any idea what the seed is? When you figure it out send me a message.

Genesis 3:15 says its Her seed.

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Do you have any idea what the seed is? When you figure it out send me a message.

Genesis 3:15 says its Her seed.
Read your Bible. Jesus tells his disciples what the seed is in the parable of the sower.

Luke 8:11 “Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God.

Tong
R0689

Reactions: mailmandan

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So we have...

Seed 1: Word of God.
Seed 2: The Woman in Gen 3:15 her seed.
Seed 3: The Shroud.

Thanks.

Gotcha. thanks for helping me. Perhaps in that order to start your journey!

All these parables are meaningless until you figure out the seeds. . . seed 1 is the bible... leads to seed #2 The Woman=her seed, etc, then its all proven with the Shroud = Seed #3.

This type of debating helps me figure things out faster.

I saved this conclusion to my hard drive. One of my hobbies is decoding parables.

So the sower is the decoder! 3 seeds for deep roots!

Last edited: