Paranoid Christianity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
might be another emerging church, i'm noticing a common theme among many ppl who assume the cloak of "Jesus" nowadays, evidenced by a schizophrenic Gospel--Jews and Gentiles are kept separate, Jews had to do some works that Christians do not need to do, etc--and prolly some other common behaviors, loosely following a Fascist checklist i guess?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
i'm not interested in outing anyone, and you really don't have to worry about engaging with these ppl bc they never really engage, i guess, but a point might be to be able to at least recognize when you are reading/dealing with a borderline paranoid/schizophrenic. Not sure what other behaviors would manifest, i'm researching that now.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
might be another emerging church, i'm noticing a common theme among many ppl who assume the cloak of "Jesus" nowadays, evidenced by a schizophrenic Gospel--Jews and Gentiles are kept separate, Jews had to do some works that Christians do not need to do, etc--and prolly some other common behaviors, loosely following a Fascist checklist i guess?

Haha! At least you are keeping the Forum popping.

But, I must admit...for myself over the last couple of days I have noticed that we have much more of a mixed bag of beliefs on this Site than I first thought! That is why I posted a couple of cartoons or whatever they are called....my fav being.. " Please hold, I just need to bang my head against the wall." And I did post how I felt I have fallen down a rabbit hole into Alice's Wonderland!! :D
I think that I myself am not what is called a 'mainline' fundamental Christian...but golly , some people are so far out in the left field...who on earth has been teaching some of the stuff they come up with? :eek:

Or, have we all been so disillusioned with "church"-services that we are all lone cowboys and just pluck some of these strange beliefs out of the sky!!
God help us...and I mean that. Where on earth are we headed?

As my husband often says to me in joke..."everyone is strange...there is only you and me that have it right...and I'm not even sure about you." :D

Bless you...Helen

Reactions: amadeus

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
i'm not interested in outing anyone, and you really don't have to worry about engaging with these ppl bc they never really engage, i guess, but a point might be to be able to at least recognize when you are reading/dealing with a borderline paranoid/schizophrenic. Not sure what other behaviors would manifest, i'm researching that now.
I guess that would make it convenient to dismiss what people write, if you can label someone as having a mental disorder. Its another step to surrounding yourself with teachers that will scratch them itchy ears.

Granted I do not even look for signs of a mental disorder before I question what people say. I tend to look for any signs of ungodly behavior in the interaction, and my trust in them goes down proportionally. Even going negative in some cases, where they say one thing and I tend to believe the opposite.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I guess that would make it convenient to dismiss what people write, if you can label someone as having a mental disorder.
i am avoiding labelling ppl here, and seeking to label some of the more obvious behaviors. A split perspective of the Gospel is the only one i can really verify right now, but paranoid schizophrenics reliably exhibit some other behaviors that can be interpreted as well. The problem being that just because one exhibits a single behavior does not make them PSs.

however on some level it should be acknowledged that just as clerical work draws psychopaths,
their message manifests paranoid schizophrenics, and what to do about it

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
"The delusions of paranoid schizophrenics usually involve thoughts of being persecuted or harmed by others or exaggerated opinions of their own importance, but may also reflect feelings of jealousy or excessive religiosity. The delusions are typically organized into a coherent framework..." pseudopsychopathic schizophrenia

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
this is the inevitable result of teaching ppl that their egos have a path to eternal life, imo
The "ways of man" may be the culprit you seek.

"For the ways of man are before the eyes of the LORD, and he pondereth all his goings." Prov 5:21

Egoistic? Certainly! Who is not? Only the ones who have already overcome as Jesus did.

Too much emphasis, as I see it, on man's skills and on man's solutions to all of his problems.

How many problems remain to solve? Perhaps it would be easier to say how many have already been solved...

Reactions: bbyrd009

junobet

May 20, 2016
Germany
Haha! At least you are keeping the Forum popping.

But, I must admit...for myself over the last couple of days I have noticed that we have much more of a mixed bag of beliefs on this Site than I first thought! That is why I posted a couple of cartoons or whatever they are called....my fav being.. " Please hold, I just need to bang my head against the wall." And I did post how I felt I have fallen down a rabbit hole into Alice's Wonderland!! :D
I think that I myself am not what is called a 'mainline' fundamental Christian...but golly , some people are so far out in the left field...who on earth has been teaching some of the stuff they come up with? :eek:

Or, have we all been so disillusioned with "church"-services that we are all lone cowboys and just pluck some of these strange beliefs out of the sky!!
God help us...and I mean that. Where on earth are we headed?

As my husband often says to me in joke..."everyone is strange...there is only you and me that have it right...and I'm not even sure about you." :D

Bless you...Helen
Well, this is probably not what bbryd is on about in this thread, but: The problem starts where one confuses allegiance to Christ with allegiance to right or left politics. One might end up serving a political side rather than Christ. If you really asked yourself “What would Jesus do” in every single political issue, you’d probably come up with a rather mixed bag and end up like me: there’s not a single political party whose program I can wholeheartedly subscribe to.

Other than that I agree with you: there’s probably just as many beliefs about Christ as there are believers. Most of us, mainline Christians such as myself and fundamentalists alike, have at least some common ground though. For example only the most exotic denominations won’t subscribe to the Nicene Creed.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What harm does someone with a 'private pilots licence' or a' public performance licence' do?
Can they really teach biblical errors?

As you might guess I have n idea what this 'ppl' means.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
the ones who succumb to Parkinson's or some other brain-wasting disease, while they are epidemic now, are not really the problem, as they are pretty easy to ID. Those spending money that they or their families do not have is spiking really badly right now, if you have older, Boomer relatives in Florida, especially parents, it would be smart to monitor this.

We're seeing weird spikes in aggressive behavior, too, but these resolve pretty quickly, whereas the other creates problems for the next generation, particularly if say your retired parent whom you know cannot afford it gets you some extravagant present, it's always like a Cadillac or some other consumer candy, a Rolex or whatever. And i'm talking strictly church ppl here

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Well, this is probably not what bbryd is on about in this thread, but: The problem starts where one confuses allegiance to Christ with allegiance to right or left politics. One might end up serving a political side rather than Christ.
also a good point, many who cannot recognize their own children have no problem recognizing Ronnie, etc

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
i am avoiding labelling ppl here, and seeking to label some of the more obvious behaviors. A split perspective of the Gospel is the only one i can really verify right now, but paranoid schizophrenics reliably exhibit some other behaviors that can be interpreted as well. The problem being that just because one exhibits a single behavior does not make them PSs.

however on some level it should be acknowledged that just as clerical work draws psychopaths,
their message manifests paranoid schizophrenics, and what to do about it

I can understand where they come from, those with a works requirement of the gospel.

The scriptures place value on works, so they take it from there. There is also the simple truth that God hates evil, so he wouldn't want those who practice it around him.

How I reconsile this is God doesn't necessarily see us how we are now, but with eternal qualities inherited from Jesus Christ. So it is no longer the question of are you rightious now, but will you endure to the end?

Reactions: ScottA

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not sure I follow just what it is that you are getting at, but it would be a mistake to dismiss "it is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me" behavior, as a mental disorder. On the contrary, we should encourage more than being "Christ like", but rather "being Christ" and to fulfill what Paul eluded to in saying: "To live is Christ."

Last edited:
Reactions: aspen and Armadillo

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
it would be a mistake to dismiss "it is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me" behavior, as a metal disorder.
ah, well we can witness these also, but the behavior is quite different; so i would even agree that the behavior is the most reliable guide. It would be tempting to state that there was maybe some clues in a person's speech beforehand, and often there is, but it is not universal, such that i could say "everyone who believes in a literal rapture ends up going goofy" or anything like that.

Any clues seem to be more embedded in one's stated depth of commitment to a particular belief, rather than any particular belief itself. Thus, we also witness ppl doing strange things, giving all of their stuff away, etc, in support of a religious belief that has obviously taken over, a la "Jesus is coming for me tomorrow," perhaps the most popular one, but also due to other delusions, lots of Lost Royalty, etc, chiefly affecting women for some reason, "i am a princess" type stuff

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Boomers in particular seem susceptible to the "if you give enough money away Jesus will make you fabulously wealthy" demon.
"Seed" = "money" to them, my mom is big on this, sends money to all of the prosperity quacks, etc, $20k in credit card debt, as i found out too late to help i guess. I'd be particularly vigilant if your relative has a good or excellent credit rating, as this can be taken advantage of

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ah, well we can witness these also, but the behavior is quite different; so i would even agree that the behavior is the most reliable guide. It would be tempting to state that there was maybe some clues in a person's speech beforehand, and often there is, but it is not universal, such that i could say "everyone who believes in a literal rapture ends up going goofy" or anything like that.

Any clues seem to be more embedded in one's stated depth of commitment to a particular belief, rather than any particular belief itself. Thus, we also witness ppl doing strange things, giving all of their stuff away, etc, in support of a religious belief that has obviously taken over, a la "Jesus is coming for me tomorrow," perhaps the most popular one, but also due to other delusions, lots of Lost Royalty, etc, chiefly affecting women for some reason, "i am a princess" type stuff

well your dead in the water on that one. Gregory the Great Pope back in the 500's was of a prominent family in Rome I do believe his father was governor of Rome the city that is, anyway Gregory liquidated all his assets and set up what could be as many as 5 monasteries hence I do believe he started the Christian monk. after so many years he started off to England to preach the gospel and the emperor in Constantinople had him stopped by the request of others and appointed him pope in Rome. which I do believe he protested but was a obedient subject of the empire. there is legend that at the time Rome was ravaged with disease and when Gregory toke his place in Rome that the crowed saw an angle atop a Vatican building and all was healed at that moment. also he set the church on its present path of clergy being the only authority in the church, and much of the rules it still follows today, because then it was ramped with corruption from secular enterprises and workers. and later he sent Augustine to preach and teach in England and we know how effective that was. hence all the now free world has been taught the Gospel via England.

so any reference to some one who sells all for their beliefs is nuts, is a false accuser and has no business talking Christianly.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
so any reference to some one who sells all for their beliefs is nuts, is a false accuser and has no business talking Christianly.
i'm not sure how a reference to anyone selling all for their beliefs even came about here, sorry?

I would agree that Greg is condemned for this behavior, is that where you were going?