Parental Discernment: Minecraft

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I need some help.

My son has picked up on the Minecraft trend and has some of the books. I've been not big on it and I don't really know much about it but some of the images are catching my attention and his behavior is changing a lot.

Does anyone know if there is something in it that I need to know about?

Reactions: Mayflower

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I need some help.

My son has picked up on the Minecraft trend and has some of the books. I've been not big on it and I don't really know much about it but some of the images are catching my attention and his behavior is changing a lot.

Does anyone know if there is something in it that I need to know about?

I honestly could never figure the game out too well. Or get into it. You basically build from scratch a world. You also can make zombies and stuff too though. Stuff to fight. It is complex. What system? For Xbox it is one of the milder games I'd say.

Reactions: DuckieLady

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think Minecraft is okay. It's certainly far less objectionable than many other games out there. It is a time sink though. So make sure they do other things and not just play Minecraft.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I honestly could never figure the game out too well. Or get into it. You basically build from scratch a world. You also can make zombies and stuff too though. Stuff to fight. It is complex. What system? For Xbox it is one of the milder games I'd say.
We don't have consoles, but I got the kids Kindles for Christmas and Minecraft to go with it.

The game might not be that bad but some of those books are really bad. I threw them out.

He stopped playing it on his own already. He is back into reading and playing ... A dog ... simulator??o_O

Reactions: Mayflower

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We don't have consoles, but I got the kids Kindles for Christmas and Minecraft to go with it.

The game might not be that bad but some of those books are really bad. I threw them out.

He stopped playing it on his own already. He is back into reading and playing ... A dog ... simulator??o_O

LOL. Well that is good. I didn't read the books or anything. But yeh the game isn't that big of a deal. Is with a lot of kids though.