Passed away?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Corinthians 5:17 KJV
[17] Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Tecarta Bible
Matthew 5:17-18 KJV
[17] Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. [18] For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Tecarta BibleHave all things been made new for you?

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[17] Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Tecarta Bible
[17] Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. [18] For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Hi, I’m of mind it is to the degree we apprehend our deaths in Christ, to that degree will we find that newness of life.

Blessings in Christ, Not me

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sometimes it can be a slow death

Slow death;... it does seem so at times, but only if we resist the dying. Painful, it can be, but only till the fruit of righteousness has been manifested. For God’s heart is set on our growth. It is a continual “reckoning” that we are called to, that we might walk in newness of life. Dying first, in this area, than in that. But it’s God’s way of growth for the Christian.

It is to be our walks before God in this world. To “reckon ourselves dead unto sin and alive unto God”

Scripture goes on to say; “it is our reasonable service as those alive from the dead”

I have discovered that the more I “reckon myself dead” to any and all circumstances and situations, the more my will is denied and God’s will is manifested.

So to Him is my hope and my eyes look to. The more I keep my eyes of faith on Him, the more joy, peace and Him do I experience.

Blessings to you, Not me

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
E
Slow death;... it does seem so at times, but only if we resist the dying. Painful, it can be, but only till the fruit of righteousness has been manifested. For God’s heart is set on our growth. It is a continual “reckoning” that we are called to, that we might walk in newness of life. Dying first, in this area, than in that. But it’s God’s way of growth for the Christian.

It is to be our walks before God in this world. To “reckon ourselves dead unto sin and alive unto God”

Scripture goes on to say; “it is our reasonable service as those alive from the dead”

I have discovered that the more I “reckon myself dead” to any and all circumstances and situations, the more my will is denied and God’s will is manifested.

So to Him is my hope and my eyes look to. The more I keep my eyes of faith on Him, the more joy, peace and Him do I experience.

Blessings to you, Not me
Excellent!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Tecarta Bible

...For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the Law, ...till all be fulfilled.

Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy ...but to fulfill. Revelation 21:5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

2 Corinthians 5:17

He come not to destroy...but to fulfill make New!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the Law, ...till all be fulfilled.

Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy ...but to fulfill. Revelation 21:5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

Very good observation!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Tecarta Bible

You are showing the dialectical duality of truth here. So on the one hand the old has passed away...but on the other hand nothing has passed away.

What has NOT passed away is God's standard...His law...His will. But what HAS changed is the means...the power...that seeks to fulfill that law and will.
So then grace is given to us as the power to fulfill the will of God...that fulfills the law.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

He come not to destroy...but to fulfill make New!

I just saw this after I wrote my reply. I almost said that very thing! :)

faithfulness

Aug 13, 2018
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are showing the dialectical duality of truth here. So on the one hand the old has passed away...but on the other hand nothing has passed away.

What has NOT passed away is God's standard...His law...His will. But what HAS changed is the means...the power...that seeks to fulfill that law and will.
So then grace is given to us as the power to fulfill the will of God...that fulfills the law.
Just wish to chime in here with my sisters @Nancy @stunnedbygrace, that this post made my understanding of 'dialectical duality of truth' so clear, like a Word made flesh moment, that I've struggled to grasp, much less explain, unlike you two :)
I understood the obvious duality, "Ask and you shall receive" "Ye ask and receive not", but this concerning God's law...zing!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just wish to chime in here with my sisters @Nancy @stunnedbygrace, that this post made my understanding of 'dialectical duality of truth' so clear, like a Word made flesh moment, that I've struggled to grasp, much less explain, unlike you two :)
I understood the obvious duality, "Ask and you shall receive" "Ye ask and receive not", but this concerning God's law...zing!

Yes! The law is spiritual and good. God doesn't do away with good and spiritual things! Of course, our carnality will seek to spin and twist, but even the ceremonial laws are spirit and truth. Not sure we need to understand every one of them, but He does make us to fulfill them. They all are spirit and truth though.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I saw something once in the ceremonial law about priests having to not mix linen and wool clothing while serving God. I can't exactly explain what I saw but it had to do with the outer man and the inner man and the outer man being put off to serve God..I determined to read all of the laws to see if He would give me more understanding of the Spirit of them. I did see some more but I would either have to find that notebook (probably impossible) or go look at them again. But they are ALL spirit and have to do with us. Its pretty neat!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Have all things been made new for you?
even more pertinent, have they "become" new? Youll be able to tell bc you wont be seeking immortality anymore, like everyone else on the planet, and you wont be trying to ascend to heaven after you have died, etc, you will iow already understand where heaven is? Where Christ Himself assured us it was?

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
even more pertinent, have they "become" new? Youll be able to tell bc you wont be seeking immortality anymore, like everyone else on the planet, and you wont be trying to ascend to heaven after you have died, etc, you will iow already understand where heaven is? Where Christ Himself assured us it was?
It’s within us Byrd.

Reactions: Nancy

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 21:3-5 KJV
[3] And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. [4] And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. [5] And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

Tecarta Bible
Hebrews 8:13 KJV
[13] In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

Tecarta Bible

Tecarta BibleAre you in Christ???

Reactions: Nancy