passing on the message.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Love123

Jul 7, 2006
This is so true!!!!!!!!!!!!LIVING BIBLE Bill wore a T-shirt with holes in it, jeans, and no shoes. This was literally his wardrobe for his entire four years of college. He is brilliant. Kind of esoteric... yet very, very bright. He became religious while attending college. Across the street from the campus was a well-dressed, very conservative church. The church wanted to develop a ministry to the students, but they were not sure how to go about it. One day Bill decided to go there. He walked in with no shoes... just his jeans, T-shirt, and wild hair. The service had already started and so Bill started down the aisle looking for a seat. The church was completely packed and he couldn't find a seat. By then, people in the congregation were really looking a bit uncomfortable, but no one said anything. Bill got closer and closer and closer to the pulpit, and when he realized there were no seats, he just squatted down right on the carpet right in front of the minister. By now the people were really uptight, and the tension in the air was thick. About this time, the minister realized that from way at the back of the church, a deacon was slowly making his way toward Bill. Now the deacon was in his eighties, had silver-gray hair, and a three-piece suit. A godly man, very elegant, very dignified, very courtly He walked with a cane and, as he started walking toward this boy, everyone was saying to themselves that you can't blame him for what he's going to do. How can you expect a man of his age and of his background to understand some college kid on the floor? It took a long time for the man to reach the boy. The church was utterly silent except for the clicking of the man's cane. All eyes were focused on him. You couldn't even hear anyone breathing. The minister couldn't even preach the sermon until the deacon did what he had to do. And then they saw this elderly man drop his cane on the floor. With great difficulty, he lowered himself and sat down next to Bill and worshiped with him so he would not be alone. Everyone choked up with emotion. When the minister gained control of himself, he said, "What I'm about to preach, you may never remember. But what you have just seen, you will never forget." Be careful how you live. You may be the only "Bible" some people will ever read. We may not all agree on the details of religion (I won't ask you and I won't try to tell you... religion being one's own personal belief), but I asked the Lord to bless you as I prayed for you today. To guide you and protect you as you go along your way. Regardless of how you see Him, His love is always with you, His promises are true, and when we give Him all our cares, you must know He will see us through. Pass this to People you want God to Bless. I DID!

Status
Not open for further replies.