Passover In Ex 15: 16

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
I have not come to any conclusions with this yet, to tired tonight, but wanted you all to see it, in case you hadn't noticed. Pastor Murray read Exodus 15: 1-16 on Saturday and he made particular mention of the double use of the word "pass over". I was curious so I looked it up in the Strong's. It is not the "passover(H6453) pesach" normally used but "pass over"(H5674) ‛âbar". Exo 15:16 Fear and dread shall fall upon them; by the greatness of thine arm they shall be as still as a stone; till thy people pass over,(H5674) , O LORD, till the people pass over,(H5674), which thou hast purchased. It is a word full of information to chew on.
smile.gif
H5674‛âbaraw-bar'A primitive root; to cross over; used very widely of any transition (literally or figuratively; transitively, intransitively, intensively or causatively); specifically to cover (in copulation): - alienate, alter, X at all, beyond, bring (over, through), carry over, (over-) come (on, over), conduct (over), convey over, current, deliver, do away, enter, escape, fail, gender, get over, (make) go (away, beyond, by, forth, his way, in, on, over, through), have away (more), lay, meddle, overrun, make partition, (cause to, give, make to, over) pass (-age, along, away, beyond, by, -enger, on, out, over, through), (cause to, make) + proclaim (-amation), perish, provoke to anger, put away, rage, + raiser of taxes, remove, send over, set apart, + shave, cause to (make) sound, X speedily, X sweet smelling, take (away), (make to) transgress (-or), translate, turn away, [way-] faring man, be wrath.