Pastor MacArthur and his Church lost to Satan today

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

This bums me out, but we can't give in to the evil Democrats. I hope he and his church still meets

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

This bums me out, but we can't give in to the evil Democrats. I hope he and his church still meets

Sorry my friend , I can't agree this time.

A church north of us met. A friend of mine's cousin went to 'praise the Lord' with the others...
Two weeks later she went down with Covid along with 14 others from that church service. She was soon on a ventilator in ICU , my friend told me that this cousin just died , only 60 yrs old.

Last week 57 members here, who were part of a large church meeting 10 days before, went down with Covid. ...many are already very very sick.

It's foolish to meet together, especially like these churches who also took their masks off and sung.

GOD is where we find our strength and joy...it shouldn't make us feel deprived if we can't meet.

God is saying to us all , right now.. " Am I enough?"

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

A church north of us met. A friend of mine's cousin went to 'praise the Lord' with the others...
Two weeks later she went down with Covid along with 14 others from that church service. She was soon on a ventilator in ICU , my friend told me that this cousin just died , only 60 yrs old.

Last week 57 members here, who were part of a large church meeting 10 days before, went down with Covid. ...many are already very very sick.

It's foolish to meet together, especially like these churches who also took their masks off and sung.

GOD is where we find our strength and joy...it shouldn't make us feel deprived if we can't meet.

I would have to agree with you, Helen. A number of people in my wife's Hispanic church came down with Covid-19 after they started meeting again, and one of them, an old friend who used to serve on the worship team with me, died of it last month.

I'm not against meeting, but I think they have made the right decisions to limit services to 30 and hold them outdoors.

And I honestly don't trust MacArthur for several reasons, especially financially. Someone worth 14 million dollars cannot be trusted to have completely pure motives.

Nice seeing you on CF again, btw. :)

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We met every Sunday no problem. The stupid state needs to keep out of Church business. All this is is Satanic manipulation against God's Church. They will have to shoot me because I will never give in to the satanic state and stop going to Church, ever!

Reactions: michaelvpardo

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We met every Sunday no problem. The stupid state needs to keep out of Church business. All this is is Satanic manipulation against God's Church. They will have to shoot me because I will never give in to the satanic state and stop going to Church, ever!

Well it's admirable that you and your church are not having problems, history. I'm very glad to hear it. I just don't know if I could take such a hard line on the State if ours made that kind of decision. Knowing my governor, his heart would be in the right place. He'd merely be wanting to save the lives is all. But then, not every governor is the same either. Some are downright anti-Christian, and would be doing it more for politically-motivated reasons.

Reactions: marksman

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well it's admirable that you and your church are not having problems, history. I'm very glad to hear it. I just don't know if I could take such a hard line on the State if ours made that kind of decision. Knowing my governor, his heart would be in the right place. He'd merely be wanting to save the lives is all. But then, not every governor is the same either. Some are downright anti-Christian, and would be doing it more for politically-motivated reasons.

I don't what state your in. I can say in California no lib cares about peoples life and just want control and hate God and His universal Church (You me and all Christians), I hate it here maybe someday I can leave. I will always defy my evil state

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hi, Helen, it may be foolish, but the government should not prohibit adults from choosing to meet together any more than they prohibit drinking hard liquor or smoking cigarettes. Drunkenness alone has probably caused more deaths than COVID-19 ever will when you consider how many people have died at the hands of drunks, including drunk drivers....

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi, Helen, it may be foolish, but the government should not prohibit adults from choosing to meet together any more than they prohibit drinking hard liquor or smoking cigarettes. Drunkenness alone has probably caused more deaths than COVID-19 ever will when you consider how many people have died at the hands of drunks, including drunk drivers....

Exactly. Murder has caused more deaths and almost anything else has really cause more deaths. MacArthur was right it is not at all as bad as they pretend it is.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am sure that this will be appealed and depending on how the judges judgement came down once this is under appeal the order doesn't stand.
I hope that they will appeal, and I hope that other churches will fight this as well.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe Satan wants to see Christians dying of coronavirus and spreading it to others. I don't think spreading disease is a good way of spreading the Gospel. It looks like a way of making people hate Christians.

Reactions: Debp and Helen

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe Satan wants to see Christians dying of coronavirus and spreading it to others. I don't think spreading disease is a good way of spreading the Gospel. It looks like a way of making people hate Christians.
Yup, must be it, lol. A fast track to heaven!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Sorry, but if all groups are barred from meeting due to health reasons (Covid-19) they can stop the church as well. they can meet outside, meet in small groups, and other methods. We are called to obey govt. authorities (except if they violate the word). They are not doing well. God is on the throne and in control. I think they need to humble themselves a bit and not be so defiant.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They are heroes. We obey God not man, true Christians anyway.
No, they are not good Christians by disobeying the rules the government sets forth to prevent illness and to save lives. They are rebelling against both God and man.

Romans 13:1 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.
2 Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.
3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:
4 For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.
5 Wherefore ye must needs be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience sake.

Anyone willing to risk the lives of his neighbors so he can go attend a church shows has no idea what Christianity is about. We are supposed to love our neighbors. Saying, "I must go to church for my own sake" is being selfish and non-Christian. It's keeping a "set of rules" for the sake of keeping the set of rules -- it's legalism, pure and simple.

Anyone willing to risk endangering the health and lives of his neighbors cannot claim to love God. It's not possible.

1 John 4:20 If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?

Such ministers are not heroes. They are hypocrites, probably motivated by the love of money.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, they are not good Christians by disobeying the rules the government sets forth to prevent illness and to save lives. They are rebelling against both God and man.

Romans 13:1 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.
2 Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.
3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:
4 For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.
5 Wherefore ye must needs be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience sake.

Anyone willing to risk the lives of his neighbors so he can go attend a church shows has no idea what Christianity is about. We are supposed to love our neighbors. Saying, "I must go to church for my own sake" is being selfish and non-Christian. It's keeping a "set of rules" for the sake of keeping the set of rules -- it's legalism, pure and simple.

Anyone willing to risk endangering the health and lives of his neighbors cannot claim to love God. It's not possible.

1 John 4:20 If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?

Such ministers are not heroes. They are hypocrites, probably motivated by the love of money.
The adults who choose to assemble should be allowed to do so. By your reasoning drinking liquor should be prohibited.

I’m proud of the pastors who are taking a stand on this issue. If they let this continue, where will it end?

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The adults who choose to assemble should be allowed to do so. By your reasoning drinking liquor should be prohibited.

I’m proud of the pastors who are taking a stand on this issue. If they let this continue, where will it end?

Exactly. If someone doesn't want to attend that is their choice but don't punish everyone because of that. The state governments has to stop treating us like children we are adults let the chips fall were they may.

Reactions: Prayer Warrior
Status
Not open for further replies.