Paul Prayed

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
14 For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
15 Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,
16 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man; - Ephesians 3:14-16.

Paul bowed his knee, and prayed that we, us.. the born again! Would come to what it is God created all things for. Now that simple little prayer Paul prayed is just stuck in a chapter that sits alone. Doesn't really stand out in scripture. It wasn't a headline to start out a chapter or placed strategically in the written word that would seem to be major in scripture.

But what it does is, sit among one of the greatest chapters in all of written scripture. Look at how this chapter starts - Paul letting us know the calling. Litterally called himself a prisoner of Jesus Christ, for you gentiles.

By the second verse he goes into the most powerful scripture in all of written scripture. He tells anyone that would ever read what he had written that this dispensation of the Gospel of the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ - was given to him to give to every person that would ever believe.

How a person can read over that, and read over Paul - and not see who Paul was to humanity.. goes beyond me. My reasoning, has only seen that those that can neglect Paul and what he gave to humanity, is a selfish look into scripture and try to find the more flamboyant.. more mysterious of written scripture.. and has no idea what Paul is - to the things of God.

This third chapter turns into a prayer. Paul prays that we might know, to understand his knowledge in the mystery of Christ. It would go beyond knowledge. It would pass any kind of the understanding of the human being. It would not be a conglomerate of ideas.

It would be the comprehension of the breadth and length and depth and height - of the love Christ. Ephesians is the book that believers could live in for the rest of their life.