PAUL WROTE DO NOT LISTEN TO THE PRETRIB RAPTURE TEACHERS

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

jamesdalbright

Apr 30, 2023
PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul addressed the Pretribulation Rapture teachers in 2Th 2:1-5. When someone told the Thessalonians the rapture was at hand or could happen at any moment, the Thessalonians became confused about what Paul taught them. The fellow who said this was a Pretribulation Rapture teacher because when he said the rapture could happen at any moment the Antichrist had not yet emerged on the scene. In other words, he was teaching the rapture occurs before the Antichrist rises to power. In order for the Thessalonians to become confused about what Paul taught them they must have esteemed the Pretribulation Rapture teacher as Pastors are esteemed by believers today; otherwise the believers would not have taken him seriously. When Paul heard about this he wrote the letter recorded in 2Th. 2:1-5 and told the Thessalonians not to listen to the Pretribulation Rapture teacher because the rapture or our gathering to the Lord does not occur until after the the falling away and after the Antichrist seats himself in Jerusalem displaying himself as God. The scriptures tell us the Antichrist doesn’t seat himself in Jerusalem until 3 1/2 years after he emerges on the scene.

2Th. 2:1 Now we request you, brethren, with regard to the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and our gathering together to Him, 2 that you may not be quickly shaken from your composure or be disturbed either by a spirit or a message or a letter as if from us, to the effect that the day of the Lord has come. 3 Let no one in any way deceive you, for it will not come unless the apostasy comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction, 4 who opposes and exalts himself above every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, displaying himself as being God. 5 Do you not remember that while I was still with you, I was telling you these things?

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The fellow who said this was a Pretribulation Rapture teacher because when he said the rapture could happen at any moment the Antichrist had not yet emerged on the scene. In other words, he was teaching the rapture occurs before the Antichrist rises to power. In order for the Thessalonians to become confused about what Paul taught them they must have esteemed the Pretribulation Rapture teacher as Pastors are esteemed by believers today; otherwise the believers would not have taken him seriously.

The "False prophet" had been active for around/over 300 years when Paul wrote his letter to the Corinthians. He had already been speaking pompous words against God and had already risen up against Christ. Daniel spoke about this entity, the False Prophet/Little Horn in Daniel 7.

Reactions: rwb

jamesdalbright

Apr 30, 2023
PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The "False prophet" had been active for around/over 300 years when Paul wrote his letter to the Corinthians. He had already been speaking pompous words against God and had already risen up against Christ. Daniel spoke about this entity, the False Prophet/Little Horn in Daniel 7.
You are conflating the spirit of anti-Christ and the Antichrist. According to Dan 8:13 The total length of time the Antichrist will be on the scene is 2300 days or about 7 years. Dan 8:13 Then I heard a holy one speaking, and another holy one said to that particular one who was speaking, “ How long will the vision about the regular sacrifice apply, while the transgression causes horror, so as to allow both the holy place and the host to be trampled?” 14 And he said to me, “For 2,300 evenings and mornings; then the holy place will be properly restored.”

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You are conflating the spirit of anti-Christ and the Antichrist. According to Dan 8:13 The total length of time the Antichrist will be on the scene is 2300 days or about 7 years. Dan 8:13 Then I heard a holy one speaking, and another holy one said to that particular one who was speaking, “ How long will the vision about the regular sacrifice apply, while the transgression causes horror, so as to allow both the holy place and the host to be trampled?” 14 And he said to me, “For 2,300 evenings and mornings; then the holy place will be properly restored.”

Well, the Little Horn is certainly deceptive in that the Greeks trampled the Temple sanctuary for around 2,300 days but God's earthly Hosts, the Israelites, has been trampled since that particular incidence and that time span has been over around 2,186 years from then to now, that I would question your interpretation of the Daniel 8 prophecy.

In fact, it is my understanding that the trampling of the Sanctuary and the earthly hosts began around the year 255 BC give or take a couple of years or two and that the trampling of the sanctuary and the earthly hosts will continue for another 21 or so years before it ends.

Your statement that the 2,300 days is about 2,520 days, which is the same as 7 x 12 x 30 days, is a bit strange and mathematically incorrect.

Somehow, I think that your rebuttal is flawed. A prophetic year is not 360 days long but rather it is 365.25 days long which is the same as a solar year, as the Jewish calendar is adjusted every couple of years by the addition of an extra 30 day month so that their Calander kept in step with the actual solar calendar.

Even Daniel recognised this fact when in Daniel 12 he wrote of the 1290 days period with respect to the length of the tribulation in the end times.

We really do need to be in tune with God's contextual understanding when considering the End Time Prophecies.

Oh well another one bites the dust.

Last edited:

jamesdalbright

Apr 30, 2023
PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, the Little Horn is certainly deceptive in that the Greeks trampled the Temple sanctuary for around 2,300 days but God's earthly Hosts, the Israelites, has been trampled since that particular incidence and that time span has been over around 2,186 years from then to now, that I would question your interpretation of the Daniel 8 prophecy.

In fact, it is my understanding that the trampling of the Sanctuary and the earthly hosts began around the year 255 BC give or take a couple of years or two and that the trampling of the sanctuary and the earthly hosts will continue for another 21 or so years before it ends.

Your statement that the 2,300 days is about 2,520 days, which is the same as 7 x 12 x 30 42 days, is a bit strange and mathematically incorrect.

Somehow, I think that you rebuttal is flawed. A prophetic year is not 360 days long but rather it is 365.25 days long which is the same as a solar year, as the Jewish calendar is adjusted for every couple of years by the addition of an extra 30 day month so that their Calander kept in step with the actual solar calendar.

Even Daniel recognised this fact when in Daniel 12 he wrote of the 1290 days period with respect to the length of the tribulation in the end times.

We really do need to be in tune with God's contextual understanding when considering the End Time Prophecies.

Oh well another one bites the dust.
In addition to the Antichrist only being on the scene for 2300 days or about 7 years, as opposed to your claim of 300 years, Rev. 19:7-19 tell us the Antichrist and the False Prophet are thrown into the lake of fire alive after the resurrection and wedding feast take place at Armageddon, none of which has taken place yet.
Rev. 19:7 “Let us rejoice and be glad and give the glory to Him, for the marriage of the Lamb has come and His bride has made herself ready.” 8 And it was given to her to clothe herself in fine linen, bright and clean; for the fine linen is the righteous acts of the saints. 9 And he said to me, “ Write, ‘ Blessed are those who are invited to the marriage supper of the Lamb.’” And he said to me, “ These are true words of God.”
Rev. 19:19 And I saw the beast and the kings of the earth and their armies, assembled to make war against Him who sat upon the horse, and against His army. 20 And the beast was seized, and with him the false prophet who performed the signs in his presence, by which he deceived those who had received the mark of the beast and those who worshiped his image; these two were thrown alive into the lake of fire which burns with brimstone.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Paul addressed the Pretribulation Rapture teachers in 2Th 2:1-5.
Paul was simply assuring the Thessalonians that the Pre-Tribulation Rapture had NOT taken place as yet, as some were claiming, and disturbing the Christians. But both Christ and Paul refused to connect the Rapture to any Tribulation. The apostolic churches anticipated the imminent return of Christ for His saints at any time. And that is exactly what Christ had said.

Last edited:

jamesdalbright

Apr 30, 2023
PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul was simply assuring the Thessalonians that the Pre-Tribulation had NOT taken place as yet, as some were claiming, and disturbing the Christians. But both Christ and Paul refused to connect the Rapture to any Tribulation. The apostolic churches anticipated the imminent return of Christ for His saints at any time. And that is exactly what Christ had said.
You contradicted the scriptures below.
2Th. 2:1 Now we request you, brethren, with regard to the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and our gathering together to Him, 2 that you may not be quickly shaken from your composure or be disturbed either by a spirit or a message or a letter as if from us, to the effect that the day of the Lord has come. 3 Let no one in any way deceive you, for it will not come unless the apostasy comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction, 4 who opposes and exalts himself above every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, displaying himself as being God. 5 Do you not remember that while I was still with you, I was telling you these things?

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You contradicted the scriptures below.
I contradicted nothing. And that is not "the day of the Lord" but "the day of Christ".That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand (KJV).

"The day of the Lord (LORD)" is a period of divine judgment, but "the day of Christ" is the day of the coming of Christ for His saints at the Rapture. This corresponds to "our gathering together unto Him" which refers to the Rapture.

So what was Paul saying? (a) Firstly there will be an apostasy in the churches before the Rapture and (b) the Antichrist will be revealed before the Rapture. Has the apostasy occurred? We can see it all around us and it keeps getting worse. Has the Antichrist been revealed? Certainly. The agenda of the New World Order and the World Economic Forum is a preview of the reign of the Antichrist. Worldwide tyranny and a global false religion. Which means that "the day of Christ" is very near.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
In addition to the Antichrist only being on the scene for 2300 days or about 7 years, as opposed to your claim of 300 years, Rev. 19:7-19 tell us the Antichrist and the False Prophet are thrown into the lake of fire alive after the resurrection and wedding feast take place at Armageddon, none of which has taken place yet.
Rev. 19:7 “Let us rejoice and be glad and give the glory to Him, for the marriage of the Lamb has come and His bride has made herself ready.” 8 And it was given to her to clothe herself in fine linen, bright and clean; for the fine linen is the righteous acts of the saints. 9 And he said to me, “ Write, ‘ Blessed are those who are invited to the marriage supper of the Lamb.’” And he said to me, “ These are true words of God.”
Rev. 19:19 And I saw the beast and the kings of the earth and their armies, assembled to make war against Him who sat upon the horse, and against His army. 20 And the beast was seized, and with him the false prophet who performed the signs in his presence, by which he deceived those who had received the mark of the beast and those who worshiped his image; these two were thrown alive into the lake of fire which burns with brimstone.

Well, your understanding of the End time prophecies is lacking in that the quoted portion of Rev 19 has a 1,000-year gap hidden in it.

Israel turns once more unto the Lord, in our near future, at the very start of the next age in about 20-25 years' time. Isaiah 61:4, Hosea 6:1-3 and Lamentations 5:19-22 confirm this for us. but "do-wr wado-wr" has be translated as "many generation" instead of "and age plus an age" which means that for two ages, the Land of Canaan which was part of the Promised Land has laid devastated and desolated for nearly 2 ages and its restoration will begin in earnest from the beginning of the next age when God will begin gathering the Israelites to Himself and will plant them in fertile soil, and teach them on the religion based on the foundational truth that "Jesus is the Son of God," and the implication of what that entails.

Armageddon marks the time when the prophetic words found in Isaiah 24:21-22 will be fulfilled when the judged heavenly hosts will be gathered with the judged kings of the earth and they both will be imprisoned in a pit for many days, and after the passage of 1,000 years they will be released for a little while and Satan, the Beast and the False Prophet, i.e., the Little Horn in Daniel's book, will all rise up out of the Bottomless pit in the earth to once more try and change the course of history. Yes, the wedding feast does happen after Satan, the beast and the False Prophet are imprisoned in the bottomless pit for the prescribed 1,000-years. When the prescribed 1,000-years is completed the Bottomless pit is unlocked and they are able to once more exercise their influence over the peoples of the earth. It is at the end of the Little while period that first Jesus goes and captures the Beast and the False Prophet and throws them alive into the Lake of Fire, after which Jesus goes and captures Satan in Rev 20 and also dispatches Satan into the Lake of Fire.

Revelation 19 spans the full last age made up of a "season and a little while," (Dan 7:12: - As for the rest of the beasts, their dominion was removed, but they were granted an extension of life for a season and a time.) Christ in Matt 24:32 tells us when the Season will begin when we can understand the lesson from the fig tree.

But you are so fixated on the Greek attack on the temple around the year 160 BC that this has hidden other truths that have been written in the scriptures.

Now you can believe what you want to believe but before you try and misrepresent what God's prophetic word actually states, please make sure of your facts first.

Have a good day trying to prove the above wrong.

jamesdalbright

Apr 30, 2023
PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I contradicted nothing. And that is not "the day of the Lord" but "the day of Christ".That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand (KJV).

"The day of the Lord (LORD)" is a period of divine judgment, but "the day of Christ" is the day of the coming of Christ for His saints at the Rapture. This corresponds to "our gathering together unto Him" which refers to the Rapture.

So what was Paul saying? (a) Firstly there will be an apostasy in the churches before the Rapture and (b) the Antichrist will be revealed before the Rapture. Has the apostasy occurred? We can see it all around us and it keeps getting worse. Has the Antichrist been revealed? Certainly. The agenda of the New World Order and the World Economic Forum is a preview of the reign of the Antichrist. Worldwide tyranny and a global false religion. Which means that "the day of Christ" is very near.
The Day of the Lord.

According to Mal 4:5-6 Elijah is one of the two witnesses who will be sent back before the great and terrible day of the Lord. From Rev 11 we know that the two witnesses will appear during the great tribulation period. From this we can conclude that the day of the Lord occurs after the great tribulation period.
Mal 4:5-6 "Behold, I am going to send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and terrible day of the LORD. 6 "And he will restore the hearts of the fathers to their children, and the hearts of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the land with a curse.”

Acts 2:20 tells us the day of the Lord occurs after the great tribulation period, which is metaphorically described in the phrase “the sun being turned into darkness and the moon into blood”.
Acts 2:20 'THE SUN SHALL BE TURNED INTO DARKNESS, AND THE MOON INTO BLOOD, BEFORE THE GREAT AND GLORIOUS DAY OF THE LORD SHALL COME.

Matt. 24: 15-21 tells us the great tribulation period, begins when the abomination of desolation is set up.
Matt. 24:15 “Therefore when you see the ABOMINATION OF DESOLATION which was spoken of through Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place ( let the reader understand), 16 then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains; 17 let him who is on the housetop not go down to get the things out that are in his house; 18 and let him who is in the field not turn back to get his cloak. 19 “But woe to those who are with child and to those who nurse babes in those days! 20 “But pray that your flight may not be in the winter, or on a Sabbath; 21 for then there will be a great tribulation, such as has not occurred since the beginning of the world until now, nor ever shall.

2Th 2:2 tells us the coming of our Lord and our gathering together to him or resurrection found in 2Th 2:1 marks the beginning of the day of the Lord.
2 Th 2:1-2 Now we request you, brethren, with regard to the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and our gathering together to Him, 2 that you may not be quickly shaken from your composure or be disturbed either by a spirit or a message or a letter as if from us, to the effect that the day of the Lord has come.

According to 2Pet 3:10 the day of the Lord continues until the end of the age when the heavens and earth are destroyed and the judgment of the dead occurs.
2 Pet 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, in which the heavens will pass away with a roar and the elements will be destroyed with intense heat, and the earth and its works will be burned up.

Zec 14:6-21 provides a glimpse into what the day of the Lord will be like during the 1000 year reign.
Zech. 14:6 And it will come about in that day that there will be no light; the luminaries will dwindle. 7 For it will be a unique day which is known to the LORD, neither day nor night, but it will come about that at evening time there will be light. 8 And it will come about in that day that living waters will flow out of Jerusalem, half of them toward the eastern sea and the other half toward the western sea; it will be in summer as well as in winter. 9 And the LORD will be king over all the earth; in that day the LORD will be the only one, and His name the only one. 10 All the land will be changed into a plain from Geba to Rimmon south of Jerusalem; but Jerusalem will rise and remain on its site from Benjamin’s Gate as far as the place of the First Gate to the Corner Gate, and from the Tower of Hananel to the king’s wine presses. 11 And people will live in it, and there will be no more curse, for Jerusalem will dwell in security. 12 Now this will be the plague with which the LORD will strike all the peoples who have gone to war against Jerusalem; their flesh will rot while they stand on their feet, and their eyes will rot in their sockets, and their tongue will rot in their mouth. 13 And it will come about in that day that a great panic from the LORD will fall on them; and they will seize one another’s hand, and the hand of one will be lifted against the hand of another. 14 And Judah also will fight at Jerusalem; and the wealth of all the surrounding nations will be gathered, gold and silver and garments in great abundance. 15 So also like this plague, will be the plague on the horse, the mule, the camel, the donkey, and all the cattle that will be in those camps. 16 Then it will come about that any who are left of all the nations that went against Jerusalem will go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to celebrate the Feast of Booths. 17 And it will be that whichever of the families of the earth does not go up to Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, there will be no rain on them. 18 And if the family of Egypt does not go up or enter, then no rain will fall on them; it will be the plague with which the LORD smites the nations who do not go up to celebrate the Feast of Booths. 19 This will be the punishment of Egypt, and the punishment of all the nations who do not go up to celebrate the Feast of Booths. 20 In that day there will be inscribed on the bells of the horses, “ HOLY TO THE LORD.” And the cooking pots in the LORD’S house will be like the bowls before the altar. 21 And every cooking pot in Jerusalem and in Judah will be holy to the LORD of hosts; and all who sacrifice will come and take of them and boil in them. And there will no longer be a Canaanite in the house of the LORD of hosts in that day.

If I was going to sum up the Day of the Lord I would say it is when Jesus intervenes in the affairs of mankind and includes the resurrection, Armageddon, the disposal of the Antichrist, False Prophet and his armies, Jesus’s 1000 years reign, the destruction of the heavens and earth, the judgment of the dead, the sentencing of the unsaved to the Lake of Fire and the new heaven and the new earth.

jamesdalbright

Apr 30, 2023
PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, your understanding of the End time prophecies is lacking in that the quoted portion of Rev 19 has a 1,000-year gap hidden in it.

Israel turns once more unto the Lord, in our near future, at the very start of the next age in about 20-25 years' time. Isaiah 61:4, Hosea 6:1-3 and Lamentations 5:19-22 confirm this for us. but "do-wr wado-wr" has be translated as "many generation" instead of "and age plus an age" which means that for two ages, the Land of Canaan which was part of the Promised Land has laid devastated and desolated for nearly 2 ages and its restoration will begin in earnest from the beginning of the next age when God will begin gathering the Israelites to Himself and will plant them in fertile soil, and teach them on the religion based on the foundational truth that "Jesus is the Son of God," and the implication of what that entails.

Armageddon marks the time when the prophetic words found in Isaiah 24:21-22 will be fulfilled when the judged heavenly hosts will be gathered with the judged kings of the earth and they both will be imprisoned in a pit for many days, and after the passage of 1,000 years they will be released for a little while and Satan, the Beast and the False Prophet, i.e., the Little Horn in Daniel's book, will all rise up out of the Bottomless pit in the earth to once more try and change the course of history. Yes, the wedding feast does happen after Satan, the beast and the False Prophet are imprisoned in the bottomless pit for the prescribed 1,000-years. When the prescribed 1,000-years is completed the Bottomless pit is unlocked and they are able to once more exercise their influence over the peoples of the earth. It is at the end of the Little while period that first Jesus goes and captures the Beast and the False Prophet and throws them alive into the Lake of Fire, after which Jesus goes and captures Satan in Rev 20 and also dispatches Satan into the Lake of Fire.

Revelation 19 spans the full last age made up of a "season and a little while," (Dan 7:12: - As for the rest of the beasts, their dominion was removed, but they were granted an extension of life for a season and a time.) Christ in Matt 24:32 tells us when the Season will begin when we can understand the lesson from the fig tree.

But you are so fixated on the Greek attack on the temple around the year 160 BC that this has hidden other truths that have been written in the scriptures.

Now you can believe what you want to believe but before you try and misrepresent what God's prophetic word actually states, please make sure of your facts first.

Have a good day trying to prove the above wrong.
All you have done is side stepped answering the growing list of scriptures you left out of your opinion that your opinion contradicts.

Reactions: David in NJ

strepho

Jan 31, 2023
Meriden
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Apostles Paul wrote second thessalonians because they misunderstandings of first thessalonians. There's no rapture. Corinthians chapter 15 will document, at the 7th trump, every one in the flesh body is changed to thier incorruptible body. This begins the millennium. Ezekiel 13 will document, God hates the fly away doctrine. If anyone wants to believe in the false doctrine, be my guest. Those who worshipped antichrist will go to sheol. Its holding place for the spirtualty dead or wicked. Those in sheol will spend the millennium deciding if they want to be in the eternity. Everyone writes their own ending. God won't force love. Or anyone to convert to His standards. Get the picture.

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Day of the Lord.

According to Mal 4:5-6 Elijah is one of the two witnesses who will be sent back before the great and terrible day of the Lord.
Jesus said that if we could receive it Elijah had come (John the Baptist) no? So do you think the day of the Lord started then? But let's say you are right, and that the witnesses come 'before' the day of the Lord. So if the Rapture kicks off or starts the day of the Lord, that is a perfect fit!.

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Apostles Paul wrote second thessalonians because they misunderstandings of first thessalonians. There's no rapture. Corinthians chapter 15 will document, at the 7th trump, every one in the flesh body is changed to thier incorruptible body. This begins the millennium. Ezekiel 13 will document, God hates the fly away doctrine. If anyone wants to believe in the false doctrine, be my guest. Those who worshipped antichrist will go to sheol. Its holding place for the spirtualty dead or wicked. Those in sheol will spend the millennium deciding if they want to be in the eternity. Everyone writes their own ending. God won't force love. Or anyone to convert to His standards. Get the picture.
You thought there were only one set of trumpets?

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
All you have done is side stepped answering the growing list of scriptures you left out of your opinion that your opinion contradicts.
In addition to the Antichrist only being on the scene for 2300 days or about 7 years, as opposed to your claim of [2]300 years, Rev. 19:7-19 tell us the Antichrist and the False Prophet are thrown into the lake of fire alive after the resurrection and wedding feast take place at Armageddon, none of which has taken place yet.

Yep, you are right, the Antichrist, i.e., the Beast, and the False Prophet are indeed thrown into the lake of fire alive after the wedding feast takes place. The Beast and the False prophet are thrown into the Lake of fire after the Wedding feast and before the second resurrection.

Rev 20 tells us that there are two resurrections that occur, the first after the judgement of the kings of the earth and the wicked fallen heavenly hosts, and the second after the completion of the 1,000 years that the first resurrection people, who had lost their heads have ruled with Christ as Priest in Heaven with Him. How long after the 1,000-year period that the first resurrection Saints rule with Christ in Heaven, we are not told, but what we do know is that the GWTR judgement takes place after Satan, the Beast and the False Prophet have all been dispatched into the Lake of Fire.

You may believe that you are right, but from my understanding of the scriptures, what you believe does not gel with God's scripture and His End Time Prophecies.

Have a Good Day now.

St. Joseph

Apr 30, 2023
Arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul addressed the Pretribulation Rapture teachers in 2Th 2:1-5. When someone told the Thessalonians the rapture was at hand or could happen at any moment, the Thessalonians became confused about what Paul taught them. The fellow who said this was a Pretribulation Rapture teacher because when he said the rapture could happen at any moment the Antichrist had not yet emerged on the scene. In other words, he was teaching the rapture occurs before the Antichrist rises to power. In order for the Thessalonians to become confused about what Paul taught them they must have esteemed the Pretribulation Rapture teacher as Pastors are esteemed by believers today; otherwise the believers would not have taken him seriously. When Paul heard about this he wrote the letter recorded in 2Th. 2:1-5 and told the Thessalonians not to listen to the Pretribulation Rapture teacher because the rapture or our gathering to the Lord does not occur until after the the falling away and after the Antichrist seats himself in Jerusalem displaying himself as God. The scriptures tell us the Antichrist doesn’t seat himself in Jerusalem until 3 1/2 years after he emerges on the scene.

If no rapture,who are they that come with Christ at his coming in Thessalonians?

St. Joseph

Apr 30, 2023
Arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If there is no pretrib rapture,who makes up the armies coming with Christ in rev 19?
If there is no rapture,why would we be caught up in the air. If we are staying on earth,what would be the point? Just rise and walk around.

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no difference between the day of Christ and the day of the Lord. Other translations even have "the day of the Lord" there instead of "the day of Christ". There is no basis whatsoever for making this distinction. Paul was talking about the day that Christ returns and we're gathered to Him and he was calling that the day of the Lord (or the day of Christ, if you prefer - same thing).

2 Thessalonians 2:1 Concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered to him, we ask you, brothers and sisters, 2 not to become easily unsettled or alarmed by the teaching allegedly from us—whether by a prophecy or by word of mouth or by letter—asserting that the day of the Lord has already come. 3 Don’t let anyone deceive you in any way, for that day will not come until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the man doomed to destruction.

First, Paul referenced "the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered to him". Then, instead of saying all of that again, he simply referred to the day of His coming and our being gathered to Him as "the day of the Lord" (or "the day of Christ"). And then in verse 3 he referred to it as "that day". The context is regarding the day Christ returns and we're gathered to Him. That day when Christ returns and we are gathered to Him will not occur until the rebellion (falling away) occurs and the man of lawlessness (man of sin) is revealed first. That is clearly what Paul was saying in this passage.

Reactions: rwb

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If there is no pretrib rapture,who makes up the armies coming with Christ in rev 19?
The souls of the dead in Christ and His angels.

If there is no rapture,why would we be caught up in the air. If we are staying on earth,what would be the point? Just rise and walk around.
Who said there is no rapture? The disagreement people have is over the timing of the rapture in relation to the tribulation. Or did you mean to ask "if there is no pre-trib rapture"?

If there was a pre-trib rapture and we were first caught up in the air and then taken to heaven, then explain to me what the point would be of being caught up to Him in the air rather than just being caught up to Him in heaven?