Paula White in the White House?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hope in God

May 29, 2019
TAMPA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't understand Trump's appointment of Paula White as his spiritual advisor. She and her last husband had a ministry here in Tampa called Without Walls, a totally TV oriented prosperity gospel based ministry.

I just watched her walk up and down the stage declaring wherever she walks is holy ground, and when she in in the White House, that makes those halls holy. Why an extremist? Why a Word of Faith preacher? She and her husband, Randy, bought property here in Tampa but the ministry collapsed.

White has close ties with Benny Hinn, who, only recently, repented for holding to the prosperity doctrine of Phineas Quimby (New Thought Philosophy) and his followers, EW Kenyon, Kenneth Copeland, Kenneth Hagin and Oral Roberts.. Hinn repented for his part in maintaining that seed faith manipulation, it's been reported, but not until he got rich on that blatant error filled lie that has robbed the people of God for decades.

How I miss Billy Graham.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wonder who advised Trump to appoint her? There are others I would prefer.

But get the lie out of you head that Phineas Quimby had any Christian followers that started Word of Faith, or any other Charismatic denomination. His son wrote of him: "In Quimby’s method of curing the sick, religion played no part. There were no prayers, there was no asking assistance from God or any other divinity. He cured by his wisdom.” He was called a "faith healer," but that phrase is as close to a similarity as there is to the doctrines of Word of Faith. He wasn't even the "father" of Christian Science. Phineas Quimby was a cultist, so stop associating him with anyone. It is very insulting. I'm not associated with Word of Faith, but I am a woman of faith and have seen miracles according to a much different interpretation of some scriptures that Word of Faith probably favor, such as John 15:7; 1 John 5:14-15; 1 John 3:21-23.

Last edited:

Hope in God

May 29, 2019
TAMPA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wonder who advised Trump to appoint her? There are others I would prefer.

But get the lie out of you head that Phineas Quimby had any Christian followers that started Word of Faith, or any other Charismatic denomination. His son wrote of him: "In Quimby’s method of curing the sick, religion played no part. There were no prayers, there was no asking assistance from God or any other divinity. He cured by his wisdom.” He was called a "faith healer," but that phrase is as close to a similarity as there is to the doctrines of Word of Faith. He wasn't even the "father" of Christian Science. Phineas Quimby was a cultist, so stop associating him with anyone. It is very insulting. I'm not associated with Word of Faith, but I am a woman of faith and have seen miracles according to a much different interpretation of some scriptures that Word of Faith probably favor, such as John 15:7; 1 John 5:14-15; 1 John 3:21-23.

Phineas Quimby's writings are entirely plagarized in the books of Mary Baker Eddy, the founder of Christian Science. That can be easily examined online. Word for word, she took from his pamphlets and books. She believed, as did those within the WOF group, that illness and other physical trials were not real, but mere illusions, essentially lies.

That perspective was adopted by those in the WOF groups in their belief that the devil assaults us with things that are not in line with the Word of God, and are therefore lies. Because the Bible says we are the righteousness of God in Christ and are complete in Him -- it is possible, according to those within the WOF camps, for a Christian to acquire the level of a manifested son of God, in other words, mature perfectly throughout their threefold makeup, spirit, soul and body.

Just like Eddy, a denial takes place. The more one speaks to the conditions they view as being of the devil, and therefore a lie, with quoted Scripture, the more one will slowly grow toward full healing. Their saying is that "confession leads to possession", or, as they also say, they can "speak whatever they want into existence". This is not anything more than a methodology, a formula, used to force God's hand to move for a sufferer. And it's used throughout the Charismatic circles.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Their saying is that "confession leads to possession", or, as they also say, they can "speak whatever they want into existence".

Those statements are what I was talking about that are misinterpretations of Scripture. But even though they misunderstand this, it is based on actual Scripture. Let me ask you if you believe these Scriptures are for us today?

1 John 3:21-24
21 Beloved, if our heart does not condemn us, we have confidence toward God. 22 And whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do those things that are pleasing in His sight. 23 And this is His commandment: that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ and love one another, as He gave us commandment. 24 Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.

1 John 5:14-15
14 Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. 15 And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him.

John 15:7
7 If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you.

Reactions: amadeus

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paula White in the White House? <--- OP

I do not particularly care for Paula White's Delivery Style of Preaching...(but must admit she can be "amusingly" entertaining).

Nor do I Agree with "EVERY" word, "EVERY" Preacher Preaches...

Nor am I WITHOUT Scripture to "VERIFY" "Every" word a Preacher Preaches, to "KNOW" IF what a Preacher Preaches IS TRUE.

However, The Bottom Line IS:
Has Anyone Heard her Preach "AGAINST" God?

A TRUE "Convert", "That IS ACCEPTABLE TO God and MADE WHOLE BY our Lord God
Can NEVER SPEAK "AGAINST" God.

IF Paula White is an "instrument" of our Lord God, that walks along side our President Trump, ON our Lord Gods Path, WITH our Lord God...I would say that IS a Blessing our Lord God Himself has provided for President Trump, and am Glad for him.

Glory to God,
Taken

Hope in God

May 29, 2019
TAMPA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those statements are what I was talking about that are misinterpretations of Scripture. But even though they misunderstand this, it is based on actual Scripture. Let me ask you if you believe these Scriptures are for us today?

1 John 3:21-24
21 Beloved, if our heart does not condemn us, we have confidence toward God. 22 And whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do those things that are pleasing in His sight. 23 And this is His commandment: that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ and love one another, as He gave us commandment. 24 Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.

1 John 5:14-15
14 Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. 15 And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him.

John 15:7
7 If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you.

Lamentations 3:37
Who is he that saith, and it cometh to pass, when the Lord commandeth it not?

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't understand Trump's appointment of Paula White as his spiritual advisor. She and her last husband had a ministry here in Tampa called Without Walls, a totally TV oriented prosperity gospel based ministry.

I just watched her walk up and down the stage declaring wherever she walks is holy ground, and when she in in the White House, that makes those halls holy. Why an extremist? Why a Word of Faith preacher? She and her husband, Randy, bought property here in Tampa but the ministry collapsed.

White has close ties with Benny Hinn, who, only recently, repented for holding to the prosperity doctrine of Phineas Quimby (New Thought Philosophy) and his followers, EW Kenyon, Kenneth Copeland, Kenneth Hagin and Oral Roberts.. Hinn repented for his part in maintaining that seed faith manipulation, it's been reported, but not until he got rich on that blatant error filled lie that has robbed the people of God for decades.

How I miss Billy Graham.

I thought he was associated with the Messianic Rabbi K. A. Schneider for awhile, he of the Discovering the Jewish Jesus fame. He isn't all that bad. But I never was impressed with Paula White myself, so I can't say as I'm thrilled about it. I had heard she was associated with the late megachurch Pastor Zachary Tims, who died of a drug overdose in a hotel about a decade or so ago. Something about a power play to gain control of an organization... maybe it was after his death that she was playing a role in assuming control over the church holdings or something.

Anyway, I've never seen her preach anything I thought was of much value, so it's not the greatest choice in my mind either. Not that I want to just dog pile on the woman. I don't like it when forums do that. I think we should all be trying to see the best in our fellow Christians. But there's just not a lot there... Maybe the Lord gave her some sort of special anointing for advising him from God because she prays for him a lot or something, so she got "promoted" if you will. Who knows.

Reactions: Hope in God

Hope in God

May 29, 2019
TAMPA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you mean?
Not everything we think is of the Lord actually is, either because it is being sought to be consumed upon our lusts, to profit in a way that is not the Lord's, it is not confirmed in Scripture, and/or it is not God's timing.

Reactions: Nancy

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not everything we think is of the Lord actually is, either because it is being sought to be consumed upon our lusts, to profit in a way that is not the Lord's, it is not confirmed in Scripture, and/or it is not God's timing.

If you pray your own will, you will not receive what you ask for. But if God speaks to you and tells you what to pray, and you repeat His words, it always comes to pass. That is the only way I pray. I never pray my will for myself.

Last edited:

Hope in God

May 29, 2019
TAMPA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I read some weeks ago that White owns a $3M condo in Manhattan purchased after she folded her church in Tampa due to a financial situation which helped to cause her marriage breakup. That condo, as I understand it, was purchased from Trump, located in one of his NYC properties in which he had a residence of his own. It is there that White and Trump became friends. Her condo is up for sale at this time.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This may be the strangest and most shocking thing I ever heard from her. She calls for all "Satanic pregnancies" to miscarry. Does she really believe the children would be possessed or something? How does that line up with the Trump's pro-life position?

Reactions: Nancy

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you pray you own will, you will not receive what you ask for. But if God speaks to you and tells you what to pray, and you repeat His words, it always comes to pass. That is the only way I pray. I never pray my will for myself.
I do agree with this. My old pastor [94] gave this testimony about his father, a full-blooded Canadian Chippewa who was converted from the pagan belief of his tribe to Christianity and
became a minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. They used to call him the Indian Healer although he never claimed that title for himself:

A young couple brought their baby to him at home for prayer. The child suffered from a severe case of impetigo. He told them to wait a few minutes while he talked to God. He left the room and sought God in prayer to see if it were God's will for him to pray for this child's condition. Soon he received an affirmative answer and returned to the couple and prayed. My pastor at the time only a child himself watched as before his eyes the many visible sores on the baby disappeared. The couple left with their healed baby rejoicing in the Lord.

Last edited:

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do agree with this. My old pastor [94] gave this testimony about his father, a full-blooded Canadian Chippewa who was converted from the pagan belief of his tribe to Christianity and
became a minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. They used to call him the Indian Healer although he never claimed that title for himself:

A young couple brought their baby to him at home for prayer. The child suffered from a severe case of impetigo. He told them to wait a few minutes while he talked to God. He left the room and sought God in prayer to see if it were God's will for him to pray for this child's condition. Soon he received an affirmative answer and returned to the couple and prayed. My pastor at the time only a child himself watched as before his eyes the many visible sores on the baby disappeared. The couple left with their healed baby rejoicing in the Lord.

A couple months ago I was speaking to a man who was raised Baptist, so I thought I was speaking to a Christian. I told him about how I pray what God speaks to me, and the prayers are answered. I got an email from him and basically he said I was either delusional or a pathological liar. I forgave him (in my heart) but do not cast my pearls before him anymore.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A couple months ago I was speaking to a man who was raised Baptist, so I thought I was speaking to a Christian. I told him about how I pray what God speaks to me, and the prayers are answered. I got an email from him and basically he said I was either delusional or a pathological liar. I forgave him (in my heart) but do not cast my pearls before him anymore.
You just keep on as you are doing. It is scriptural as I understand it by the Spirit. I am glad that judgment does not belong to me. I recognize my own inability to understand or fairly judge the places where I see some supposed believers. They say they love God while effectively almost completely eliminating His power or channeling it so as to fit their own preconceived notions of what He is and what He is not!

Reactions: Stan B

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have either known, or watched many of these now-famous preachers years ago when they were just fairly normal people. Every single one of them, upon gaining widespread notoriety, has lost their grip on reality and gone just about 100% totally nuts in the things they now rant about from the pulpit. I guess their pride drives them to insanity.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stan B and Giuliano

Hope in God

May 29, 2019
TAMPA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You just keep on as you are doing. It is scriptural as I understand it by the Spirit. I am glad that judgment does not belong to me. I recognize my own inability to understand or fairly judge the places where I see some supposed believers. They say they love God while effectively almost completely eliminating His power or channeling it so as to fit their own preconceived notions of what He is and what He is not!

Would you agree that a good many Charismatic groups, nondenoms who think they are being led by the Spirit, are not at all being led by the Lord? I still hear it said that a Pentecostal group can easily become all Spirit and no Word, which means that a gathering can be all experience, emotion, self proclaimed gifts, revelations, and feeling, with little Word coming from the pulpit and a good bit more than needed demon chasing and demon naming. A place like that would seem to be in dire need of balance through some real study of the Scriptures, i.e. reading, exhortation and doctrine.

Reactions: Anthony D'Arienzo

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Would you agree that a good many Charismatic groups, nondenoms who think they are being led by the Spirit, are not at all being led by the Lord? I still hear it said that a Pentecostal group can easily become all Spirit and no Word, which means that a gathering can be all experience, emotion, self proclaimed gifts, revelations, and feeling, with little Word coming from the pulpit and a good bit more than needed demon chasing and demon naming. A place like that would seem to be in dire need of balance through some real study of the Scriptures, i.e. reading, exhortation and doctrine.
How can I answer with an unrestricted yea or nay such a question?

Any group or "church" or assembly [no matter what they name themselves or are named by others] is as good as what the people in it are. If even one person in the group is really filled with and following the Spirit, is there not at least that much good in it? But... then remember this:

"For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them." Matt 18:20

So if Jesus is there...? Unless I were there and able to discern what else or who else was there in what kind of a spirit/Spirit, how could I answer your question?

Remember what Jesus said about "good"?

"And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God" Mark 10:18

Jesus meant exactly that! Only God is good, so any person, who really is good at all, is so in accord with how much of God is in him. Since we, all of us, probably, at times, have been witnesses to things done by unbelievers, really doing some things that Jesus would call "good", how much better should we be appearing to anyone who sees us?

"But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more." Luke 12:48

But then read the very next verse:

"I am come to send fire on the earth; and what will I, if it be already kindled?" Luke 12:49

That one brings to mind the fire kindled by the two sons of Aaron who let the fire of God go out... and died because of their foolishness.

Hope in God

May 29, 2019
TAMPA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
After further consideration, I believe now that Paula White is right on the money in her attempts to thwart the evil coming against this nation, our President, his Cabinet, the church and all those who love the Lord. In fact, I am blessed listening to her spiritual warfare. In Jesus name, please keep her in the White House. This woman follows the leading of the Holy Spirit.

I admit, I still think she is more Spirit than Word, but she does strongly believe in spiritual warfare, which today is much needed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stan B