Paul's (I's) of Philippians 3

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Philippians 3:10-14,

11 If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.

12 Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.

13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,

14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

What is it Paul has come to in his understanding? How is Paul speaking on a level only an on going believer may understand. The I's in these verses Paul is taking about is the channel now by which Christ can come through a believer now. Because Paul nolonger lived as a self for self, his new life was Christ and that was Paul's mission, goal, to purposely live Christ who became his life the moment he believed. Christ could live as Paul's creation but express himself as who he is.

The plan of God is beyond carnal interpretation and must be revealed. Look at those that have felt like they are Jesus or God, and large movements (cults) come out of it. I've always been amazed at those that would follow that kind of nonsense. So your understanding has to be fixed in the word of God revealed by the HolySpirit. The only one that can fix the word in you is the HolySpirit, he is the revealer and teacher of Christ in you the hope of glory.

So the ways and means for Christ to come through you is the I's paul describes as channel's. He flows out of you as that river of living water, by your creation with his character and personality known as the fruit of the Spirit. You may be very good at what you do, but do you love him enough to turn your life over to him and let him flow through you.

Until it becomes Christ you never become what you were created to be. He may use everything you are for his glory and he may not, but it is him now regardless. So you might as well get it settled so you can move on and begin to live. You find more peace more love more joy more happiness, than you have ever known. Why? Because it is him now and that is who he is. If you are waiting for these things to be given to you, you will be waiting for a while. We may bear the fruit but you cannot produce an ounce of any of it ever, you are a branch and the fruit can only hang on you.

Christians that see it as them having produced something can never fulfill their creation.