Paul's Mention Of Christ In You??

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have taken alot of things for granted as a Christian, even spiritual things.
Seems to be normal for humanity to do this, if life is working out we are ok with it. If life is not working out it brings on a mode of seaching for the reason. Thinking about some of the situations Christians endure, couldn't help but think about what Paul had to say about Christ living in the born again.
The question that came was; How did Paul know Christ was living in the born again. His epistles mention it over 150 times in one way or another.

I'll ask you the same question; How did Paul know Christ was living in the born again???
If you care to take a shot.

Serious Answer's Please

Reactions: Acolyte and Pisteuo

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Seems to be normal for humanity to do this, if life is working out we are ok with it. If life is not working out it brings on a mode of seaching for the reason. Thinking about some of the situations Christians endure, couldn't help but think about what Paul had to say about Christ living in the born again.
The question that came was; How did Paul know Christ was living in the born again. His epistles mention it over 150 times in one way or another.

I'll ask you the same question; How did Paul know Christ was living in the born again???

Serious Answer's Please
His experience on the Damascus Road had a lot to do with it, coupled with his understanding from the Old Testament Scriptures that the claims of Christ were deeply rooted in Scripture.

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
His experience on the Damascus Road had a lot to do with it, coupled with his understanding from the Old Testament Scriptures that the claims of Christ were deeply rooted in Scripture.

Paul was very educated, and was the muckity muck of his religion before Christ. I don't understand why some have a problem with Paul, anyone that could endure what he did for the gospel should be taken very serious imo. Thanks for your input.

D

Dave L

Serious Answer's Please
Paul was a prophet. So all of his words about Christ living in the born again came from God. Also if you consider his many words about the Spirit bearing witness with our spirit, and faith being a fruit of the Holy Spirit etc., he solidly presents this as being the case.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Serious Answer's Please
if I testify of myself, my testimony is invalid
narrow is the way, and few there are who find it

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Serious Answer's Please

How does one raise the dead? A magic formula? How does one walk without sin in the power and presence of God? Good morals?

The spiritual walk in Christ is not according to this world. It is other. It is the manifestation of the life and power of Christ that as a seed falls to the ground, dies, and bears resurrection fruit in the one who surrenders their life to Christ.

Paul lived to carry the dying of Christ within himself. But we have taken the shortcut around the price of life in us....we have ignored or avoided the cross of Christ IN us. Only by going through that cross....that death....can the fragrance of Christ be released in our lives. The bottle has to be broken to let the contents out. How many of us will present our unbroken bottles back to God at the judgment? We will effectively have buried our talent.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Paul was a prophet. So all of his words about Christ living in the born again came from God. Also if you consider his many words about the Spirit bearing witness with our spirit, and faith being a fruit of the Holy Spirit etc., he solidly presents this as being the case.
I veer doubt that Paul would have considered Himself a Prophet, He heard from God and Got revelation because he believed and got what was promised to all believers.

Luk_16:16 The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.

There was no need for prophets after Christ

Act_2:17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

because

Eph_1:17 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him

that simple

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you say, yes, but you cannot Quote that, see. Except in English translations.

@amadeus you read the Bbile in German, yes? Are the faithful turned into "believers" in German too? Ty
Is it not according to what we eat and what we drink? Those who eat his flesh and drink his blood will obtain Life, real Life, rather than the death that all of us started with. Is it the "faithful" who eat and drink to obtain Life? In doing so, do they become "believers"?

"Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you." John 6:53[KJV]

"Jesus sprach zu ihnen: Wahrlich, wahrlich ich sage euch: Werdet ihr nicht essen das Fleisch des Menschensohnes und trinken sein Blut, so habt ihr kein Leben in euch." John 6:53 [Luther Bible]

If anyone trusts my translation of Luther to English:

"Jesus spoke/said to them: Truly, truly, I say to you: Will you not eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, so then you have no Life in you." [my translation of Luther Bible to English]

Or we can try this one:

"Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life." Rev 2:10 [KJV]

"Fürchte dich vor der keinem, das du leiden wirst! Siehe, der Teufel wird etliche von euch ins Gefängnis werfen, auf daß ihr versucht werdet, und werdet Trübsal haben zehn Tage. Sei getrost bis an den Tod, so will ich dir die Krone des Lebens geben." Rev 2:10 [Luther Bible]

Again if anyone trusts my translation of Luther to English:

"Be fearful before nothing, that you will suffer! Behold, the devil will cast/throw some of you into jail/prison, so that you will be tempted/tried, and will have tribulation ten days. Be confident/comforted/of good courage until death, then I will give you the Crown of Life." Rev 2:10 [my translation of Luther Bible to English]

If there is another verse, please let me know and I will attempt it as well.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you say, yes, but you cannot Quote that, see. Except in English translations.

@amadeus you read the Bbile in German, yes? Are the faithful turned into "believers" in German too? Ty

So, does that mean we have the holy spirit and Christ dwelling in a separately or together?

Or does it mean not literally but by connectivity?

It has to be by connectivity because Christ had to leave for the comforter to come and indwell us. And the holy spirit has to leave for Christ to come in the second coming.

D

Dave L

I veer doubt that Paul would have considered Himself a Prophet, He heard from God and Got revelation because he believed and got what was promised to all believers.

Luk_16:16 The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.

There was no need for prophets after Christ

Act_2:17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

because

Eph_1:17 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him

that simple
What do you think prophets are?

“And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;” (Ephesians 4:11) (KJV 1900)

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Is it not according to what we eat and what we drink? Those who eat his flesh and drink his blood will obtain Life, real Life, rather than the death that all of us started with. Is it the "faithful" who eat and drink to obtain Life? In doing so, do they become "believers"?

"Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you." John 6:53[KJV]

"Jesus sprach zu ihnen: Wahrlich, wahrlich ich sage euch: Werdet ihr nicht essen das Fleisch des Menschensohnes und trinken sein Blut, so habt ihr kein Leben in euch." John 6:53 [Luther Bible]

If anyone trusts my translation of Luther to English:

"Jesus spoke/said to them: Truly, truly, I say to you: Will you not eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, so then you have no Life in you." [my translation of Luther Bible to English]

Or we can try this one:

"Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life." Rev 2:10 [KJV]

"Fürchte dich vor der keinem, das du leiden wirst! Siehe, der Teufel wird etliche von euch ins Gefängnis werfen, auf daß ihr versucht werdet, und werdet Trübsal haben zehn Tage. Sei getrost bis an den Tod, so will ich dir die Krone des Lebens geben." Rev 2:10 [Luther Bible]

Again if anyone trusts my translation of Luther to English:

"Be fearful before nothing, that you will suffer! Behold, the devil will cast/throw some of you into jail/prison, so that you will be tempted/tried, and will have tribulation ten days. Be confident/comforted/of good courage until death, then I will give you the Crown of Life." Rev 2:10 [my translation of Luther Bible to English]

If there is another verse, please let me know and I will attempt it as well.
I had in mind...um, any of the vv that say "belief" in English but pisteou, "faith" in the original? So like virtually every instance except @ it is impossible to please God, which I suspect will be "fixed" by the next new tranny. The vv that connect salvation with "belief" if you would, can't Quote from memory bc not in a quiet room, sorry, but you get the idea I hope
Ah here, duh, I'm sure the first one will do fine

Bible Search: believe NT
Or here too I guess, again from ref one on down
Bible Search: belief NT

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
@Lady Crosstalk you might reflect on the refs there yourself, and see how you were led to adopt belief for faith. If you aren't fam with the site, after a v gets loaded you can hit the little "lex" button in the...second? row up top, right

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
So, does that mean we have the holy spirit and Christ dwelling in a separately or together?

It has to be by connectivity because Christ had to leave for the comforter to come and indwell us. And the holy spirit has to leave for Christ to come in the second coming.
I meant that you will not find that concept in the Bible for any "believer," except maybe in one single spot, if past experience holds true. That is for the "faithful," not "believers." As to your post there They are One and the same, aren't They

Last edited:

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

For the sake of correct arguement it must be assumed both believers believe in the Trinity. If that is the case there really is no argument, reading the scripture as written; faith is your knowledge of the Trinity.
Only a fool can attemp to explain it (such as myself because I have done it). My question would be? Paul uses the words Christ in you, in many different forms. One place he said for him "to live is Christ."
Why would he use the term "in Christ" over 150, if he meant the HolySpirit.
You see that would not line up with the rest of scripture.

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also, thank you for your answers. I didn't mention it but wasn't looking for anything in particular, just curious what everyone else had on their mind. It is some of the things I question myself about and seek the Lord. The lord is always faithful to give you what you need, if you get nothing on a particular idea or whatever you seek our Father for than it my not be that important to our understanding.

A foot note just came in; if you are a person going about to straighten out the world system and have a need to picket and protest, which seems to be the norm for this social hour; and the world is getting worse, then maybe it's not that important to your understanding, js.
If you have a burden then maybe your called to the ministry, have you ever let that cross your mind.
If so, we are not protesters we are preachers, ministers of the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Many are called but few answer :)

Reactions: Acolyte