Paul's wisdom

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@soul man Re. the ref. to 'wisdom' in the OP, I am reminded of wisdom personified in Proverbs 8, and then of Paul in 1 Corinthians 1.30-31:

"But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: 31That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord."

Reactions: soul man

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There is a wisdom to Paul's determination "to know nothing, but Christ crucified."
In this context it is sad to see that the full meaning of the finished work of Christ ("Christ crucified") is not really understood by many Christians, neither is it preached and taught by many pastors, evangelists, and teachers today.

"Christ crucified" has tremendous depths, and impacts on everything pertaining to all of salvation. Yet we have had naysayers on this forum (and others) flatly denying that the Father literally forsook the Son while He hung on that cross for three dark hours.

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@soul man Re. the ref. to 'wisdom' in the OP, I am reminded of wisdom personified in Proverbs 8, and then of Paul in 1 Corinthians 1.30-31:

"But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: 31That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord."

You have a way of finding good scriptures :)

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In this context it is sad to see that the full meaning of the finished work of Christ ("Christ crucified") is not really understood by many Christians, neither is it preached and taught by many pastors, evangelists, and teachers today.

"Christ crucified" has tremendous depths, and impacts on everything pertaining to all of salvation. Yet we have had naysayers on this forum (and others) flatly denying that the Father literally forsook the Son while He hung on that cross for three dark hours.

I have heard some of the deepest teaching on the cross, most of those teachers agree it is a subject that will not completely understood to exactly what happened there. I may write some here and there but if you said what they were saying it just wouldn't work in here. It was a private seminar with most very hungry to hear what was being said. Very out of the box, which most in attendance were already, and led by seasoned scholars and theologians. Basically school boys that were seeing great things in the word of God.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I have heard some of the deepest teaching on the cross, most of those teachers agree it is a subject that will not completely understood to exactly what happened there. I may write some here and there but if you said what they were saying it just wouldn't work in here. It was a private seminar with most very hungry to hear what was being said. Very out of the box, which most in attendance were already, and led by seasoned scholars and theologians. Basically school boys that were seeing great things in the word of God.
@soul man Some of the depths of the cross are so solemnly amazing that the human mind cannot take it in properly; it in any case takes a work of the Holy Spirit to grasp the meaning of the cross. Someone wrote:

"None of the ransomed ever knew
How deep were the waters crossed,
Nor how dark was the night that the Lord passed through
E'er He found his sheep that were lost."

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@soul man Some of the depths of the cross are so solemnly amazing that the human mind cannot take it in properly; it in any case takes a work of the Holy Spirit to grasp the meaning of the cross. Someone wrote:

"None of the ransomed ever knew
How deep were the waters crossed,
Nor how dark was the night that the Lord passed through
E'er He found his sheep that were lost."

I believe it is, I particularly like the guy who traced the cross to "all in Adam are dead in Christ" as well, there just is no spiritual life as yet for the unregenerate. Just an example of what was said, lots of good points and the depth was there

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I believe it is, I particularly like the guy who traced the cross to "all in Adam are dead in Christ" as well, there just is no spiritual life as yet for the unregenerate. Just an example of what was said, lots of good points and the depth was there
@soul man "For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive." (1 Corinthians 15.22)