Pay to Pray eRosary from the Vatican

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

4Jesus

Feb 15, 2019
Philly
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Prayer isn't free anymore, apparently. Now you can pay to help with your prayers.

Vatican launches $110 'click to pray' wearable rosary - CNN
"The Rosary is going mobile.
The Vatican announced the launch of the "Click to Pray eRosary" Wednesday. October is the month of the Rosary.
The eRosary is an app-driven device that can be worn as a bracelet. To activate it, all you have to do is make the sign of the cross, similar to how Catholics begin praying the Rosary.
Once activated, the wearer can choose between three different options to pray. There is the standard rosary, a contemplative rosary or a thematic rosary, which will be updated every year. The device shows the users progress throughout each prayer and keeps track of each rosary completed.
The interactive device is a push from the church to reach tech-savvy millennials and Gen Z.
It "serves as a tool for learning how to pray the rosary for peace in the world," according to a news release from the Vatican.
The project -- part of the Pope's Worldwide Prayer Network -- brings together the best of the Church's spiritual tradition and the latest advances of the technological world, the Vatican said.
The eRosary is available to buy now for $110."

Click To Pray eRosary: the new smart Rosary to pray for peace in the world

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I find the phrase "smart cross" offensive. This paragraph is from "click to pray":

Physically, the device consists of ten consecutive black agate and hematite rosary beads, and of a smart cross which stores all the technological data connected to the app. When activated, the user has the possibility to choose either to pray the standard rosary, a contemplative Rosary and different kinds of thematic rosaries that will be updated every year. Once the prayer begins, the smart rosary shows the user’s progression throughout the different mysteries and keeps track of each rosary completed.

We are saved. Too bad for centuries people had to struggle along with dumb crosses. What's next, robots for priests?

Reactions: 4Jesus

4Jesus

Feb 15, 2019
Philly
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I find the phrase "smart cross" offensive. This paragraph is from "click to pray":

Physically, the device consists of ten consecutive black agate and hematite rosary beads, and of a smart cross which stores all the technological data connected to the app. When activated, the user has the possibility to choose either to pray the standard rosary, a contemplative Rosary and different kinds of thematic rosaries that will be updated every year. Once the prayer begins, the smart rosary shows the user’s progression throughout the different mysteries and keeps track of each rosary completed.

We are saved. Too bad for centuries people had to struggle along with dumb crosses. What's next, robots for priests?

lol, or a speaking statue for the people to bow down to ;)

4Jesus

Feb 15, 2019
Philly
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you guys can't be serious right? guess we better ban all prayerful music too.... lol

Thanks for the chuckle... I'll leave you to it :D

Peace!

"Prayerful music"? I've never heard of that. I've heard of worship music, but not "prayerful music". Is there a difference?

Reactions: Giuliano

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you guys can't be serious right? guess we better ban all prayerful music too.... lol

Thanks for the chuckle... I'll leave you to it :D

Peace!
Whoever came up with that idea may regret it. I suspect sooner or later people who hate the Catholic Church will say the wristband used is the mark of the beast. Joke: "Now all you need is a gadget to put on your head to measure brain wave activity to see if you got in the right prayerful mood."

Reactions: 4Jesus

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Prayer isn't free anymore, apparently. Now you can pay to help with your prayers.

Vatican launches $110 'click to pray' wearable rosary - CNN
"The Rosary is going mobile.
The Vatican announced the launch of the "Click to Pray eRosary" Wednesday. October is the month of the Rosary.
The eRosary is an app-driven device that can be worn as a bracelet. To activate it, all you have to do is make the sign of the cross, similar to how Catholics begin praying the Rosary.
Once activated, the wearer can choose between three different options to pray. There is the standard rosary, a contemplative rosary or a thematic rosary, which will be updated every year. The device shows the users progress throughout each prayer and keeps track of each rosary completed.
The interactive device is a push from the church to reach tech-savvy millennials and Gen Z.
It "serves as a tool for learning how to pray the rosary for peace in the world," according to a news release from the Vatican.
The project -- part of the Pope's Worldwide Prayer Network -- brings together the best of the Church's spiritual tradition and the latest advances of the technological world, the Vatican said.
The eRosary is available to buy now for $110."

Click To Pray eRosary: the new smart Rosary to pray for peace in the world
I see indulgences are alive and well.....

Reactions: Mjh29 and charity

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There wasn't. They don't call it indulgences but let's be honest. That's what this is. You are paying for a device that enables you to say prayers that can take time off in purgatory. It's an indulgence.
You don't need that device to pray the Rosary. Its just a device. How could buying a device be an indulgence?

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, clearly you don't know history. First, do you think Catholics are Christian? If so, we need to have a very different conversation.
Oh? I am an ignorant buffoon. How lucky we am to have you here to educate us.

You seem to have a very high opinion of yourself. So far I've seen no evidence to justify it. Indeed from what I've seen, I think perhaps the contrary is the case. I doubt you even know what an indulgence is if you think a gadget can be an indulgence. Maybe a Catholic here will explain it to you. You probably read about the sale of indulgences in the Middle Ages, and so have I. A gadget cannot be an indulgence.

If you say Catholics aren't Christians, you may not last long here. The moderators tolerate a lot here; but I don't think they tolerate saying this or that group aren't Christians. I'd advise keeping such unpleasant accusations to yourself.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You seem to have a very high opinion of yourself. So far I've seen no evidence to justify it. Indeed from what I've seen, I think perhaps the contrary is the case. I doubt you even know what an indulgence is if you think a gadget can be an indulgence. Maybe a Catholic here will explain it to you. You probably read about the sale of indulgences in the Middle Ages, and so have I. A gadget cannot be an indulgence.

If you say Catholics aren't Christians, you may not last long here. The moderators tolerate a lot here; but I don't think they tolerate saying this or that group aren't Christians. I'd advise keeping such unpleasant accusations to yourself.
The Roman Catholic Church preaches a false Gospel. And I know good and well what indulgences are. Clearly you didn't catch the point I was making. I am not saying that this sale is a way to get out of purgatory. I am saying that indulgences, which had zero real effect, were just a way to put money in the church coffers. This is no different.

Reactions: Pearl and charity

Nondenom40

May 21, 2019
Illinois
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I understand that there seems to be very little in the way of moderation here (people wouldn't get away with half the garbage on another site i frequent that i see here). But if the developers or moderators of a 'christianity' board think that roman catholic theology is even remotely biblical or christian, then there is a problem. Roman catholic theology is not even remotely christian.