Peace

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mia Z

Nov 11, 2011
Hello I am new to the forum and am a Muslim hoping to be able to reach out to people of different faiths to promote peace and unity.

Recent decades have seen the worlds great faith and cultural communities torn apart by misunderstandings and mistrust to such an unfortunate degree that people of good intentions towards each other are now compelled to declare their unequivocal rejection of the beliefs and activities that divide them and their unreserved embrace of the beliefs and activities that unite them.

We, the signatories to this London Declaration for Global Peace & Resistance against Extremism, affirm that all humans everywhere possess inherent dignity and immutable rights: these including freedom from poverty, oppression, fear and prejudice and freedom of belief, worship and expression.

Due to the success of the Peace for Humanity conference on 24th September 2011, the following peace declaration has been created for all those who want to live in a world full of PEACE,

Show your support by signing the London Peace Declaration

To read more about it visit: http://www.londondeclaration.com

Anyone can sign, regardless of race, religion, ethnicity, creed or status.

Please FORWARD to all your contacts, and please spread the word to friends and family.

Thank You

http://www.londondeclaration.com/

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
Hi Mia :)

Showing hatred is never the way to go... And much of that has been done in the name of religion. I think that's unrighteous, and doesn't please God.

On the other hand, I am not for the 'merging of religions' for the sake of peace. I am all for loving men no matter what. But uniting just because we don't want to fight isn't necessary. One doesn't have to agree to love. Peace flows from men being loving... Rather then agreeing. Otherwise these men never learned to love, because they only love when they have what they want... Do you know what I mean? :)

What should bring us together under one banner is the life of God. If God's presence truly comes to a people and they walk in God's ways, and his life flows through them, then we should leave all to become a part of that, because they are a part of what God is doing. If this happened, and the power of God showed to truly be with a people, then all who love God would come to this, and they would be united.

I am not into making our own world peace, by our own decision, because I think God's plan is greater than just making man comfortable or happy. I think his desire is to get glory from himself. Think about it, who is greater, man or God? Then who does God consider first?

Out of his mercy, God loves us, but the ultimate purpose of creation is His glory. :)

May the God of all things bless you abundantly!

Reactions: Shirley

THE Gypsy

Jul 27, 2011
Earth
Hello I am new to the forum and am a Muslim hoping to be able to reach out to people of different faiths to promote peace and unity.

Recent decades have seen the worlds great faith and cultural communities torn apart by misunderstandings and mistrust to such an unfortunate degree that people of good intentions towards each other are now compelled to declare their unequivocal rejection of the beliefs and activities that divide them and their unreserved embrace of the beliefs and activities that unite them.

We, the signatories to this London Declaration for Global Peace & Resistance against Extremism, affirm that all humans everywhere possess inherent dignity and immutable rights: these including freedom from poverty, oppression, fear and prejudice and freedom of belief, worship and expression.

Due to the success of the Peace for Humanity conference on 24th September 2011, the following peace declaration has been created for all those who want to live in a world full of PEACE,

Show your support by signing the London Peace Declaration

To read more about it visit: http://www.londondeclaration.com

Anyone can sign, regardless of race, religion, ethnicity, creed or status.

Please FORWARD to all your contacts, and please spread the word to friends and family.

Thank You

http://www.londondeclaration.com/

I agree with Prentis that "Showing hatred is never the way to go".

You said "all humans everywhere possess inherent dignity and immutable rights: these including freedom from poverty, oppression, fear and prejudice and freedom of belief, worship and expression"...Where do you see these "rights" being bestowed from?

Mia Z

Nov 11, 2011
Hello,

I guess a 'unification' or merging of religions is not what is being promoted but rather a powerful display of tolerance & co-operation. I personally am optimistic that one day this can happen, because I have experienced parts of society where this is already happening. I have many friends, work colleagues who are Christian and we get on very well because we share basic values such as the ones outlined in the declaration, and it is this commonality we have which we focus on and which keeps us together! :)

Anyhow peace be with you all.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
Hello,

I guess a 'unification' or merging of religions is not what is being promoted but rather a powerful display of tolerance & co-operation. I personally am optimistic that one day this can happen, because I have experienced parts of society where this is already happening. I have many friends, work colleagues who are Christian and we get on very well because we share basic values such as the ones outlined in the declaration, and it is this commonality we have which we focus on and which keeps us together! :)

Anyhow peace be with you all.

Salaam and peace be with you, Mia. I also hope that peace exists among all peoples despite their religious beliefs. I also have friends who are non-Christians and I know that God loves them too. Blessed are you for promoting peace among people.

Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the peacemakers for they shall be called children of God.

Mia Z

Nov 11, 2011
Thank you Selene for your encouraging words! including your quote from Mathew 5:9! :)

Merry Christmas and a Happy new year everyone!

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I cannot imagine the Godhead sitting at a table along with Mohammed or any other god types, negotiating a peace treaty on behalf of the peoples of the earth....
However, the bible does say that we are to pursue peace with all people Hebrews 12:14

There is only one God 1 Timothy 2:5 and that will always be an issue with other religions...The children of God will never have peace in this world as long as enemies of the cross exist John 16:33 but God gives us [believers] his peace through his son Jesus Ha Mashiach John 14:27

Shalom and Blessings!!! :)

Reactions: Angelina