PEARL'S PEARLS; encouragement & inspiration.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
MY FOREVER FRIEND *

I have a friend who walks beside me
On this path that is my life.
I know he will protect and guide me;
Comfort me in times of strife.

He is my rock; he is my fortress,
He is my king, my all in all.
He is my shield, he is my refuge;
He will catch me when I fall.

When my strength is all but gone,
And I feel I can’t go on,
He reaches out and takes my hand;
He lifts me from the searing sand
And carries me a while.

Until my spirit’s been restored
My Jesus, my Redeemer Lord
Holds me close against his breast;
In him my weary soul finds rest.

And when he knows I’ll stand secure
He sets me on my feet once more.
I turn to look into his face,
Awed by his power, love and grace;
And regaining strength with every stride
I continue walking by his side
Refreshed.

May 25th 2009

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
HOPE

Solitude is a very personal thing. Each one of us would, I dare say, use our times alone in very different ways. Some would choose to read, while others might choose to meditate or write letters to dear friends. Others would prefer to spend their time walking, gardening or in some other outdoor pursuit. We all have our own longings and secret thoughts. Time spent alone with ones thoughts, though, need not be wasted time. It is a time to un-wind, recharge those batteries; time to be the person you were meant to be; time to relax, to daydream perhaps; a time to look back and remember; a time to look forward and hope.

If we know Jesus we have plenty to hope for. He promises us eternal life. Imagine, if you can, what it feels like at the end of a very busy, happy day, when you are physically exhausted but that you wish you could carry on with this perfect day; that the good time would not have to end.

Our lives with Christ will not end at the end of the day that is our lifespan, but will carry on into eternity. We shall be revitalised, given new bodies and we shall never again be tired but that relationship with Him will enter a new phase. How wonderful that will be. Everlasting life; spent with the one we love best. No worries. No sickness. No darkness. No fear. Just complete contentment in the warmth of His love; seeing Him face-to-face and knowing that it is never going to come to and end.

He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away. Revelation 21:4

Father, thank you for your son Jesus who has made it possible for us to have everlasting life…Amen

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Being An Instrument

God has been speaking to me about his Sovereignty.

He is saying that his will is all that matters, all that counts for anything; his not mine or ours.

He is saying that if we refuse to surrender willingly he will need to break us open and put us back together again.

He wants to use me. He wants to use my heart and mind; he wants to use my lips, my eyes, my ears; he wants to use my hands and feet and fingers for his own purposes.

In fact he wants me to be an instrument on which he can play his music. And just as a musical instrument is an inanimate thing which only comes alive at the touch of the musician, so too we are nothing of ourselves, only coming alive when the Holy Spirit touches us or blows into us.

The music we can make of our own selves is earthbound but the music that he can make as he uses us is heavenly.

Church, this is a key; this is a vital clue to releasing the Holy Spirit’s power.

But seek first his kingdom (sovereignty) and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Matthew 6:33

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Beautiful for my King

I am being made beautiful for my king.
He has been preparing me for his courts
For many years.
He looks upon me and is delighted
With what he sees.
He hears every whisper I speak;
Every breath I take
And every beat of my heart.
He has given me my identity;
I am like no other – unique.
He desires a greater intimacy with me;
A joining of hearts.
He requires me to be an inspiration;
A shining light in the dark corners of this world.
He longs for me to have an influence
In the lives of the lost.
He has placed me here;
In this time and place
To be beautiful for him;
To make a difference.

19th June 2008

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
MY FOREVER FRIEND *

I have a friend who walks beside me
On this path that is my life.
I know he will protect and guide me;
Comfort me in times of strife.

He is my rock; he is my fortress,
He is my king, my all in all.
He is my shield, he is my refuge;
He will catch me when I fall.

When my strength is all but gone,
And I feel I can’t go on,
He reaches out and takes my hand;
He lifts me from the searing sand
And carries me a while.

Until my spirit’s been restored
My Jesus, my Redeemer Lord
Holds me close against his breast;
In him my weary soul finds rest.

And when he knows I’ll stand secure
He sets me on my feet once more.
I turn to look into his face,
Awed by his power, love and grace;
And regaining strength with every stride
I continue walking by his side
Refreshed.

May 25th 2009

Hi Pat! I do not know how I did NOT see this thread!!! Especially since you tagged me in it!!!! Will read it now...did you write this? It is so comforting and up lifting! ♥

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
HOPE

Solitude is a very personal thing. Each one of us would, I dare say, use our times alone in very different ways. Some would choose to read, while others might choose to meditate or write letters to dear friends. Others would prefer to spend their time walking, gardening or in some other outdoor pursuit. We all have our own longings and secret thoughts. Time spent alone with ones thoughts, though, need not be wasted time. It is a time to un-wind, recharge those batteries; time to be the person you were meant to be; time to relax, to daydream perhaps; a time to look back and remember; a time to look forward and hope.

If we know Jesus we have plenty to hope for. He promises us eternal life. Imagine, if you can, what it feels like at the end of a very busy, happy day, when you are physically exhausted but that you wish you could carry on with this perfect day; that the good time would not have to end.

Our lives with Christ will not end at the end of the day that is our lifespan, but will carry on into eternity. We shall be revitalised, given new bodies and we shall never again be tired but that relationship with Him will enter a new phase. How wonderful that will be. Everlasting life; spent with the one we love best. No worries. No sickness. No darkness. No fear. Just complete contentment in the warmth of His love; seeing Him face-to-face and knowing that it is never going to come to and end.

He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away. Revelation 21:4

Father, thank you for your son Jesus who has made it possible for us to have everlasting life…Amen

Amen!
"Our lives with Christ will not end at the end of the day that is our lifespan, but will carry on into eternity."

What a great thing to meditate on ♥

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Beautiful for my King

I am being made beautiful for my king.
He has been preparing me for his courts
For many years.
He looks upon me and is delighted
With what he sees.
He hears every whisper I speak;
Every breath I take
And every beat of my heart.
He has given me my identity;
I am like no other – unique.
He desires a greater intimacy with me;
A joining of hearts.
He requires me to be an inspiration;
A shining light in the dark corners of this world.
He longs for me to have an influence
In the lives of the lost.
He has placed me here;
In this time and place
To be beautiful for him;
To make a difference.

19th June 2008

There should be music put to your words Pat, they flow so beautifully ♥

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi Pat! I do not know how I did NOT see this thread!!! Especially since you tagged me in it!!!! Will read it now...did you write this? It is so comforting and up lifting! ♥

If it hadn’t been for your posting here I STILL wouldn’t have seen this thread,!
Thanks x

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If it hadn’t been for your posting here I STILL wouldn’t have seen this thread,!
Thanks x

I know, what's that all about?? This was July 27th. And, especially when Pat DID tag us, lol. All in His time I suppose.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
As storm Doris battered us one day earlier in the year it howled and whistled through keyholes and any other little gaps it could find. But I put the heating up and a CD on and just sat on my sofa in the calm atmosphere of inside and watched it. Sitting there with all that fierce weather going on outside I thought that it was a good representation of us as Christians who live in the tempestuous world but are not of it.

The storm was so fierce and close – just on the other side of the window but those thin transparent sheets of glass protected me from it. It was so noisy but was drowned out by the music I chose to listen to. Being in Jesus protects me from the storms of life and listening to his voice drowns out the other voices.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As storm Doris battered us one day earlier in the year it howled and whistled through keyholes and any other little gaps it could find. But I put the heating up and a CD on and just sat on my sofa in the calm atmosphere of inside and watched it. Sitting there with all that fierce weather going on outside I thought that it was a good representation of us as Christians who live in the tempestuous world but are not of it.

The storm was so fierce and close – just on the other side of the window but those thin transparent sheets of glass protected me from it. It was so noisy but was drowned out by the music I chose to listen to. Being in Jesus protects me from the storms of life and listening to his voice drowns out the other voices.

Love this comparison here Pat. Born,raised and live in Buffalo Ny and we have many awesome and crazy storms. We also have had tornadoes, and live on a fault line, we get maybe a tremor once or twice in ten years, Of course, the tornadoes are nothing at all compared to other states like Texas, Kansas, Oklahoma, Florida...and others. I never noticed the the tremors, though friends and family members did. I was probably working in some really big, brick building. :rolleyes: lol.
It DOES bring so much security and comfort- to be in our homes, warm and safe <--- HUGE blessing in itself!! Just knowing He is our Night Light (great song from the 70's) is watching over us, blessing and keeping us.
My guess is that @"ByGrace" would say something like 'it's like sitting in His lap, as a child' :D Just a guess Helen ♥

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
upload_2019-8-14_20-29-7.jpg
BRIDAL INTIMACY

As I undressed for bed one night, I suddenly thought that in just the same way as our physical bodies are less than perfect when stripped naked so our spiritual ‘bodies’ leave much to be desired when laid bare before God.

In our relationship with Jesus, the Church is called the Bride of Christ, and just as a bridegroom will come to know his bride, body and soul, intimately, over the years of their marriage, so God already knows us inside out, and wants us to know Him intimately. We can hide nothing from Him; we cannot pretend.

He knows our strengths and weaknesses; our best bits and our ‘wobbly’ bits; the good the bad and ugly. He knows the desires of our hearts; he knows all our moods; he knows all our needs; he knows our likes and dislikes. He knows all those secret thoughts and yet he loves us anyway.

And he loves us unreservedly; for richer for poorer, for better for worse, in sickness and in health.

So let us love, honour and obey Him, and forsaking all others keep ourselves only unto Him.

He loved us enough to die for us so let us love him enough to live for him.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BRIDAL INTIMACY

As I undressed for bed one night, I suddenly thought that in just the same way as our physical bodies are less than perfect when stripped naked so our spiritual ‘bodies’ leave much to be desired when laid bare before God.

In our relationship with Jesus, the Church is called the Bride of Christ, and just as a bridegroom will come to know his bride, body and soul, intimately, over the years of their marriage, so God already knows us inside out, and wants us to know Him intimately. We can hide nothing from Him; we cannot pretend.

He knows our strengths and weaknesses; our best bits and our ‘wobbly’ bits; the good the bad and ugly. He knows the desires of our hearts; he knows all our moods; he knows all our needs; he knows our likes and dislikes. He knows all those secret thoughts and yet he loves us anyway.

And he loves us unreservedly; for richer for poorer, for better for worse, in sickness and in health.

So let us love, honour and obey Him, and forsaking all others keep ourselves only unto Him.

He loved us enough to die for us so let us love him enough to live for him.
Awesome post Pat, and just now reading it - shows His perfect timing, yet again!
Thank you for the lift in my spirits ♥

"...and yet he loves us anyway."
So comforting (He is, after all,"The God of all comfort") yet so difficult to grasp that Love...

Tanx! :)
xo