PEARL'S PEARLS; encouragement & inspiration.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
BRIDAL INTIMACY

As I undressed for bed one night, I suddenly thought that in just the same way as our physical bodies are less than perfect when stripped naked so our spiritual ‘bodies’ leave much to be desired when laid bare before God.

In our relationship with Jesus, the Church is called the Bride of Christ, and just as a bridegroom will come to know his bride, body and soul, intimately, over the years of their marriage, so God already knows us inside out, and wants us to know Him intimately. We can hide nothing from Him; we cannot pretend.

He knows our strengths and weaknesses; our best bits and our ‘wobbly’ bits; the good the bad and ugly. He knows the desires of our hearts; he knows all our moods; he knows all our needs; he knows our likes and dislikes. He knows all those secret thoughts and yet he loves us anyway.

And he loves us unreservedly; for richer for poorer, for better for worse, in sickness and in health.

So let us love, honour and obey Him, and forsaking all others keep ourselves only unto Him.

He loved us enough to die for us so let us love him enough to live for him.
Reminds me of Ephesians 5.20-33:
"Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ; 21Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God.
22Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. 23For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body. 24Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.
25Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; 26That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, 27That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish. 28So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself. 29For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church: 30For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones. 31For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh. 32This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church. 33Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband."

Nice photo there also; gives the idea of wholesome, innocent expectation.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
A PICTURE OF MARRIAGE

Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord. Ephesians 5:22

Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything. Ephesians 5:24

Wives, submit to your husbands, as is fitting in the Lord. Colossians 3:18

As a woman and, I suspect, in the company of many other women, I have often wished that these verses weren’t included in the scriptures. Wrongly I have perceived them to be biased in favour of the man in a relationship. But God has showed me a new picture of submission and in a loving relationship it ought not to be a heavy thing, but rather something joyful and natural.

I am an ardent fan of ‘Strictly Come Dancing’ and love to watch the celebrities grow in confidence during the weeks spent learning and competing. Even in the relatively early days of the programme some of the amateur dancers stand out and by the final couple of weeks it becomes harder to predict who will win.

As I was watching a recent episode of ‘Strictly’ I began to see that a good marriage should be like a dance partnership. The man leads, the woman follows his lead. She must trust him implicitly if the difficult lifts are to be successful. He twirls her away and she dances alone for a while but they are still in step, still dancing to the same music. He draws her back into a close hold and she rests in his arms in the beautiful rhythms of the dance. She reacts to his every move and he is completely aware of her.

Whether the music is fast and joyful or slow and sensuous their partnership is beautiful. And the longer they dance together the more confident of her own ability the female partner becomes.

To me this is a picture of how marriage should be. It is an equal partnership with each partner having their own role; their own set of steps if you like. The woman in a marriage should not lead her partner but follow him just as the female dancer follows the male lead. But equally the man should not control the woman, she must follow willingly.

There will be circumstances when a woman will be ‘dancing’ separately from her husband, for example following a career or ministry, but their lives should continue to be lived in harmony and in step with one another.

During hard times, as in the dance lifts, the wife needs to trust the husband. And there need to be times of closeness and intimacy for the partnership to remain strong.

These dances are choreographed for a man and a woman and are so beautiful to watch when performed by experts. But the dance would not look so good if either was dancing alone; or if the man was pulling and pushing the woman around the ballroom; or if the woman was resisting and refusing to follow the man’s lead.

This picture of marriage has really opened my eyes to how things should be and I hope it blesses those who read it.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
A PICTURE OF MARRIAGE

Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything. Ephesians 5:24

As a woman and, I suspect, in the company of many other women, I have often wished that these verses weren’t included in the scriptures. Wrongly I have perceived them to be biased in favour of the man in a relationship. But God has showed me a new picture of submission and in a loving relationship it ought not to be a heavy thing, but rather something joyful and natural.

I am an ardent fan of ‘Strictly Come Dancing’ and love to watch the celebrities grow in confidence during the weeks spent learning and competing. Even in the relatively early days of the programme some of the amateur dancers stand out and by the final couple of weeks it becomes harder to predict who will win.

As I was watching a recent episode of ‘Strictly’ I began to see that a good marriage should be like a dance partnership. The man leads, the woman follows his lead. She must trust him implicitly if the difficult lifts are to be successful. He twirls her away and she dances alone for a while but they are still in step, still dancing to the same music. He draws her back into a close hold and she rests in his arms in the beautiful rhythms of the dance. She reacts to his every move and he is completely aware of her.

Whether the music is fast and joyful or slow and sensuous their partnership is beautiful. And the longer they dance together the more confident of her own ability the female partner becomes.

To me this is a picture of how marriage should be. It is an equal partnership with each partner having their own role; their own set of steps if you like. The woman in a marriage should not lead her partner but follow him just as the female dancer follows the male lead. But equally the man should not control the woman, she must follow willingly.

There will be circumstances when a woman will be ‘dancing’ separately from her husband, for example following a career or ministry, but their lives should continue to be lived in harmony and in step with one another.

During hard times, as in the dance lifts, the wife needs to trust the husband. And there need to be times of closeness and intimacy for the partnership to remain strong.

These dances are choreographed for a man and a woman and are so beautiful to watch when performed by experts. But the dance would not look so good if either was dancing alone; or if the man was pulling and pushing the woman around the ballroom; or if the woman was resisting and refusing to follow the man’s lead.

This picture of marriage has really opened my eyes to how things should be and I hope it blesses those who read it.
Nice, thought-provoking post. Fits in well with your post #19, above.

So are there any episodes of Come Dancing that that struck you as particularly illustrative of what you're saying?

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Nice, thought-provoking post. Fits in well with your post #19, above.

So are there any episodes of Come Dancing that that struck you as particularly illustrative of what you're saying?
All of them.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Hi Pat! I do not know how I did NOT see this thread!!! Especially since you tagged me in it!!!! Will read it now...did you write this? It is so comforting and up lifting! ♥
I didn't get the tag either Nancy.
I'm glad I saw the threads at the side of the forums page....

Reactions: Nancy and Pearl

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Great posts!
Did you write that poem in the O.P.?
It's marvelous...
Or
Mahvelous...if you're old enough! (know what I mean?)

Have more to say in a bit....
Thanks. Yes I've written everything posted here. Inspired by the Holy Spirit. I think this may be my 'gift'. I only mention that because somebody asked me the other day what I thought my gift is.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Thanks. Yes I've written everything posted here. Inspired by the Holy Spirit. I think this may be my 'gift'. I only mention that because somebody asked me the other day what I thought my gift is.
It's a great gift.
If I could find it later, I'll post a poem my daughter wrote when she was about 14.
That's when she got saved.

She's coming over in a little bit.
See you later.

Oh. She's much older now but I can't say how much older
or then I won't be able to be 38 anymore!
rofl.gif

Reactions: Pearl

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
She must trust him implicitly if the difficult lifts are to be successful. ... And the longer they dance together the more confident of her own ability the female partner becomes.

To me this is a picture of how marriage should be. It is an equal partnership with each partner having their own role; their own set of steps if you like. ...

During hard times, as in the dance lifts, the wife needs to trust the husband.
Very perceptive wording.

For a Christian husband, it should be wonderful to be able to see his wife flourish.

I like the point also:

Reactions: Pearl and GodsGrace

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It's a great gift.
If I could find it later, I'll post a poem my daughter wrote when she was about 14.
That's when she got saved.

She's coming over in a little bit.
See you later.

Oh. She's much older now but I can't say how much older
or then I won't be able to be 38 anymore!
rofl.gif
Well in born again years I'm a little older than 38 but not much - I'm 42. Enjoy your time with your daughter. :D

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Very perceptive wording.

For a Christian husband, it should be wonderful to be able to see his wife flourish.

I like the point also:
I have been blessed with a husband who, once he was filled with the Spirit, has always encouraged me and given me the freedom to be myself.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I have been blessed with a husband who, once he was filled with the Spirit, has always encouraged me and given me the freedom to be myself.
I can see that metaphorically you have applied to yourselves what you said in the post, above: "I am an ardent fan of ‘Strictly Come Dancing’ and love to watch the celebrities grow in confidence during the weeks spent learning and competing."

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A PICTURE OF MARRIAGE

Oh Pat...throughout your whole post, I could not stop being reminded of my favorite of all time, figure skaters Jane Torvill and Christopher Dean. Especially their Bolero in the 1984 Olympics. They re-did this same thing again 10 years later and were still perfect in their movements yet, there was something missing. Their connection. They got married and then they divorced. They were obviously in total unison, seamless really, during the first performance from 1984 but, when they repeated the piece in 1994, I believe they might have been separated or divorced at this time, not sure. I would love to share both of these pieces...whomever will, can watch and be blessed! Well...mostly blessed by the first (the 1984 Olympic performance) When they did the same piece in 1994, I see so much missing...NOT their talent as, they were just as talented and in shape 10 years prior but...the connection between them seem to be missing. Here they are!

This one takes my breath away ♥

This one...IMHO- noticeable difference in their connection:

To me, it is easy to relate these two performances, 10 years apart, same couple...to losing our "first love"... :)
Good thread my sister!
xo

So Pat, I hope you will watch at least the first one...it never gets old to me ♥
P.S. - You probably have at least heard their names as they are from the U.K. ;)

Reactions: Pearl and amadeus

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Oh Pat...throughout your whole post, I could not stop being reminded of my favorite of all time, figure skaters Jane Torvill and Christopher Dean. Especially their Bolero in the 1984 Olympics. They re-did this same thing again 10 years later and were still perfect in their movements yet, there was something missing. Their connection. They got married and then they divorced. They were obviously in total unison, seamless really, during the first performance from 1984 but, when they repeated the piece in 1994, I believe they might have been separated or divorced at this time, not sure. I would love to share both of these pieces...whomever will, can watch and be blessed! Well...mostly blessed by the first (the 1984 Olympic performance) When they did the same piece in 1994, I see so much missing...NOT their talent as, they were just as talented and in shape 10 years prior but...the connection between them seem to be missing. Here they are!

This one takes my breath away ♥

This one...IMHO- noticeable difference in their connection:

To me, it is easy to relate these two performances, 10 years apart, same couple...to losing our "first love"... :)
Good thread my sister!
xo

So Pat, I hope you will watch at least the first one...it never gets old to me ♥
P.S. - You probably have at least heard their names as they are from the U.K. ;)
I don't think they were ever married to each other although people wanted them to be. They weren't a couple off the ice. But they still dance on a show called 'Dancing on Ice' where they are judges. And I'm sorry I can't watch the clips as they won't open.

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't get the tag either Nancy.
I'm glad I saw the threads at the side of the forums page....
I know GG! This happens pretty often. Oh well, nothing is perfect, and...so we just gotta work harder to "search" all the new stuff! Lol...not a prob but...do hate when I come across an important (to me) post that I never saw.

Reactions: Pearl and GodsGrace

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I know GG! This happens pretty often. Oh well, nothing is perfect, and...so we just gotta work harder to "search" all the new stuff! Lol...not a prob but...do hate when I come across an important (to me) post that I never saw.
This site is really bad for that.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think they were ever married to each other although people wanted them to be. They weren't a couple off the ice. But they still dance on a show called 'Dancing on Ice' where they are judges. And I'm sorry I can't watch the clips as they won't open.

Oh that's a shame. And, I do not know why I thought they were married. Still though...the 1984 Olympic performance (which I am pretty sure they got like, all 6's or 10's? And did win the Medal?) Oh I so wish you were able to watch at least the older one :(

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Oh that's a shame. And, I do not know why I thought they were married. Still though...the 1984 Olympic performance (which I am pretty sure they got like, all 6's or 10's? And did win the Medal?) Oh I so wish you were able to watch at least the older one :(
Don't worry Nancy, I've watched a few times over the years and they are spectacular and got full marks for both artistic impression and technical merit. Nobody has done it before or since. They are in their 60s now and still look good on the ice. And I think they decided at the start of their partnership to just remain friends and keep it purely professional so that the ups and downs of a relationship wouldn't harm their performances. There was a TV drama about them last year. Chris Dean is married to skater Karen Barber, who with her then partner Nicky Slater were the UK's number two pair at the time. Nicky Slater gave up his ice dance career when he became a Christian.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This site is really bad for that.

Does it cost money to run a forum like this? I mean, there is no advertising - THANK GOD! Is it all on a volunteer basis? I never see donations asked for.