Pentecostalism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are those who believe in gifts of the spirit, as do. They are not Pentecostals or charismatics.

Then there are those who elevate the gifts beyond what the Bible teaches. They are Pentecostals.

Over time many of these distinctions have been blurred.

Kundalini is now pervasive in Pentecostalism.

Kundalini means false Holy Spirit.

Last edited:

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There are those who believe in gifts of the spirit, as do. They are not Pentecostals or charismatics.

Then there are those who elevate the gifts beyond what the Bible teaches. There Pentecostals.

Over time many of these distinctions have been blurred.

Kundalini is now pervasive in Pentecostalism.

Kundalini means false Holy Spirit.

Yes, I have seen some pretty wild "Pentecostal" gatherings on YouTube. One woman who said she practiced "Kundalini" and "Tantric" yoga (and I'm told that Tantric is worse than Kundalini) was doing some kind of dance and head shaking that a missionary friend said reminded him of demon possession which he had seen in the mission field in Africa. It seems that some of the animists there actually seek demon possession!

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Justin Peters is one of the best at preaching the TRUE gospel--he exposes the lies of the "prosperity' gospel, which helps no one but the prosperity gospel preacher. Joyce Meyer owns a compound where she lives with her adult children and their families. I believe it was estimated to be worth $143 million. I know a little old Christian widow who struggles to get by on her husband's meager pension but she loves Joyce Meyer and regularly gives a few dollars that she can not afford to give to Meyer's "ministry". It is enough to make one's blood boil. :mad:

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Yes--many "christians" are being seduced into Hinduism through yoga. First comes the "exercise" part and then, in order to advance, they go to a bookstore and get a book on the different kinds of yoga. The number of "christians" who "believe in karma" is shocking. When I encounter someone who claims to be a "christian" and who also claims to believe in "karma," I patiently explain that "karma" is not a Christian concept but I have had people tell me, "I don't care--I believe in it anyway." !!?!!

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Yes--"New Age spirituality" is really just old age paganism and Christians who do not know their Bible often fall for it. Francis Schaeffer warned shortly before his death, at the end of the 1980s, that evangelicalism would soon be endangered because of the lack of Bible study in the younger generations. He was a young Presbyterian pastor in the 1930s as "higher criticism" destroyed confidence in the Bible among Presbyterian seminary students. The lies of "higher criticism" have been exposed but too late to reverse the ruination of much of Presbyterianism. :( Shaeffer said that he saw the same forces rising in evangelicalism that he saw take over the Presbyterian seminaries and then was distributed to the people of those congregations.